Author Topic: Post Your Artwork Thread V6  (Read 308191 times)

fondue

• excuse me
Re: Post Your Artwork Thread V6
« Reply #450 on: December 29, 2014, 05:34:44 PM »
drew a little thing thing for my friend http://puu.sh/dOf7L/53f0d1246f.png

inb4 broken legs and disproportionate fingers and weird ass anatomy ;^; im learning from my mistakes though!!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #451 on: December 29, 2014, 11:10:08 PM »
Goddammit
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #452 on: December 30, 2014, 06:52:14 AM »
fucking furries
It's ok, we're all learning

Been quite a while since I've posted a pic here.
Welcome back! I see you're as generous as usual.

i should probs make an art thread but id probably never.. update it.
I quite like styles that have expressive faces. If you feel like making one, then go ahead. Make it special.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #453 on: January 05, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »
@Pasu: My characters are often criticized (correctly) for lacking expression, but I don't know about the "looks like Reisen" part. As always, I'll try to do better in the future.

@Lincoln: Good job on that Enterprise, but I already have a different fan artist's representation of Enterprise in my head. Also, it looks like I'm not the only one who takes freaking forever to get the eyes right. I always thought that if I drew every line right the first time, I would speed up my work by more than 4x.

@Savory: I've told you this already in our chat, but that Nazrin is awesome.

(Savory has shown me a number of his works in progress via chat, and he draws the parts of the figure as distorted cylinders before starting the lineart. That's why even if the coloring is flat, the end result seems to have weight and volume.)

@Dr. Yagokoro: Something seems off about the Flandre. Maybe it just needs a little more polish. But damn, that Alice looks great. You might be the person for me to emulate when learning about drawing expressions.

@kanyiffwest: Need to work on those hands. Ask a friend to take a picture of you in that pose and note what's different about the hands.

Anyway, new pieces:

Hypergenesis (MTG)

Guess what day it is! (Kancolle)

I tried to make Nenohi more expressive, even straight-up tracing someone else's work in Panel 3 before reworking it into my style. It seems that my style might be part of the problem.

draganuv15

« Reply #454 on: January 06, 2015, 11:31:43 PM »
@Dr. Yagokoro: Something seems off about the Flandre. Maybe it just needs a little more polish. But damn, that Alice looks great. You might be the person for me to emulate when learning about drawing expressions.
Yeah, that Flandre was kind of rushed and I didn't use a brush I was used to? So I see what you mean. I also think that personally the hands in it are quite off because whenever I draw hands it always looks like they have no bones in their fingers :'/. I am trying to improve on that though!

Also oh gosh I'm glad you like that Alice! I have used the Binary pen before but it's kind of fidgety to use and thank you for thinking my expressions are good enough to draw inspiration from? That really does mean a lot oh goodness  :blush:.

In terms of art I have drawn a Tsubakura and a Sukune with a lineart brush I recently made that I'm quite fond of. The drawings on the other hand, I don't know how I feel about either.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #455 on: January 07, 2015, 02:13:33 PM »
omg it's been like forever, wb
By 'segmented' your friend might mean that the figures seem too clearly divided into parts. As in like, head stacked on top of shoulders/breasts stacked on top of waist area stacked on top of hips/legs. The fat lines and huge breasts might be adding to that effect. Just a few comments, but I don't think that fatty necessarily means huge breasts, just potentially saggy. It may also be hiding parts that you may find hard to draw later. Don't seem to be too affected by gravity either. Head/neck area seems quite devoid of fat despite the rest of the body too. I'm not entirely sure what that line between the buttocks on the middle left is supposed to be.
If you're practicing to get down shapes from references photos, I guess fatty bodies would be good because of all the lumps and curves, but I'd imagine working inside-out would be easier without references in the future since fat clumps in certain places.
For an interesting challenge I just thought of, how about drawing different skeletal poses from reference? If you can acquire some, it may prove amusing and useful.

Thanks for the feedback! Though, what did you mean by working inside-out? And skeletal poses (assuming you didn't literally mean skeletons doing poses)?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #456 on: January 07, 2015, 10:46:43 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! Though, what did you mean by working inside-out? And skeletal poses (assuming you didn't literally mean skeletons doing poses)?
Fat clumps in certain parts of the body, in differing amounts for different people. Unless we know how it's attached, the contours of the body may seem rather arbitrary. If you're going to be drawing fatty people in the future without reference, it may be easier to work from the 'initial' human shape (ie: skeleton and some muscles) and then start attaching bags of fat to that figure.
And yeah, I meant that literally. Since you seem to be having fun with your figure studies, I'm suggesting drawing different poses of a basic skeleton. Will probably be very helpful in embedding a solid sense of structure in you. Poses may also come easier.

« Reply #457 on: January 10, 2015, 03:15:39 AM »
So lately, I've been working on a painting featuring Satori and Koishi, and I think most of the touching up is finally done.

And here's a comic inspired by Touhou/Fantasy Puppet Dance Performance, which is where most of my free time has been going lately. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite fangames.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #458 on: January 12, 2015, 11:15:17 PM »
Fat clumps in certain parts of the body, in differing amounts for different people. Unless we know how it's attached, the contours of the body may seem rather arbitrary. If you're going to be drawing fatty people in the future without reference, it may be easier to work from the 'initial' human shape (ie: skeleton and some muscles) and then start attaching bags of fat to that figure.
And yeah, I meant that literally. Since you seem to be having fun with your figure studies, I'm suggesting drawing different poses of a basic skeleton. Will probably be very helpful in embedding a solid sense of structure in you. Poses may also come easier.

I think I understand. I'll consider drawing those basic skeleton poses.

« Reply #459 on: January 13, 2015, 02:08:29 AM »
working on a background for a commission
still got a long way too go

« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2015, 07:40:17 AM »
So lately, I've been working on a painting featuring Satori and Koishi, and I think most of the touching up is finally done.
I love the coloring! The expressions are both good, and Koishi's hair is neat. Satori's outfit sort of loses its shape near the bottom, though, and we should probably be able to see a little of Koishi's back leg?

And here's a comic inspired by Touhou/Fantasy Puppet Dance Performance, which is where most of my free time has been going lately. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite fangames.
Pfff, from what  I've seen of the game, this is certainly accurate. The backgrounds are a little sparse (in some cases absent), but I think it's really cute.
"Let's live our lives heroically,
Let's live them with style..."

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #461 on: January 15, 2015, 10:05:14 AM »

« Reply #462 on: January 18, 2015, 06:52:39 PM »
Didn't know the kawaii sheep is gonna dominate the world

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #463 on: January 27, 2015, 06:17:07 AM »
I've been meaning to join MotK for awhile now to show these little things off, so I'm gonna post em' here. I do them in my spare time and to also learn how animation works in GIMP.

I do have a few others in progress as well (Koishi, Yukari, Mamizou, and Flandre). Was going to start my own thread, but I'll just show them off first and see what others think.  :blush:

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #464 on: January 27, 2015, 09:40:24 AM »
I've been meaning to join MotK for awhile now to show these little things off, so I'm gonna post em' here. I do them in my spare time and to also learn how animation works in GIMP.
Well hey welcome!
They seem rather choppy. The danmakufu folk may find them useful as character sprites, but then some of them seem more like standing rather than flying poses. Orin's sprite you have there is the cutest, imo.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #465 on: January 28, 2015, 02:22:14 AM »
Well hey welcome!
They seem rather choppy. The danmakufu folk may find them useful as character sprites, but then some of them seem more like standing rather than flying poses. Orin's sprite you have there is the cutest, imo.

I got em' around 110ms for each frame, but I'm not sure why they're that choppy since they're set at about the same speed as ZUN's (unless I'm off).  ??? They are flying, their legs are just referenced from Youmu and Sakuya's sprites respectively (Momiji might look more like she's standing, but that's because her sprite is referenced from Aya and Hatate's, where their legs don't move).

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #466 on: January 28, 2015, 04:21:22 AM »
I got em' around 110ms for each frame, but I'm not sure why they're that choppy since they're set at about the same speed as ZUN's (unless I'm off).  ??? They are flying, their legs are just referenced from Youmu and Sakuya's sprites respectively (Momiji might look more like she's standing, but that's because her sprite is referenced from Aya and Hatate's, where their legs don't move).
Maybe I exaggerated. Not choppy, but perhaps 'jaggy'. And the movements are really angular in an abrupt sort of way, especially Nue.

« Reply #467 on: January 28, 2015, 05:12:43 AM »
It's been about a year and a half I suppose since my last post, been struggling hard to just continue improving.
Just finished a day or so some art for character concept art for an stg game I have no ability to make due to my inability to code/program haha. Maybe someday..  :smokedcheese:

The Dryad Queen

Here's to another year of improvement ~!
marccasper.deviantart.com

for the art and stuff! :3

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #468 on: January 28, 2015, 11:35:28 AM »
It's been about a year and a half I suppose since my last post, been struggling hard to just continue improving.
Just finished a day or so some art for character concept art for an stg game I have no ability to make due to my inability to code/program haha. Maybe someday..  :smokedcheese:

The Dryad Queen

Here's to another year of improvement ~!

cool roses  :o

And you can take some programming coursers for free in sites like Coursera.  :3
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #469 on: January 29, 2015, 06:33:19 AM »
cool roses  :o

And you can take some programming coursers for free in sites like Coursera.  :3
Th-thanks

Cool, I'll look into it. Though I feel like I have such little time to learn since all I do with my time is my classes and trying to improve my art x_x forever a programming scrub.

Just going to have to get sick enough at art to get picked up by people/companies who can worry about the programming side haha.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #470 on: January 29, 2015, 12:02:07 PM »
Cool, I'll look into it. Though I feel like I have such little time to learn since all I do with my time is my classes and trying to improve my art x_x forever a programming scrub.

And I am doing the reverse path, I am a programmer and I want to learn art, so I downloaded apps to train my ear and drawings to use while I am in the bathroom :P #foreverArtistScrub

BTW anyone here knows how to draw well using your fingers in a smartphone? :V
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #471 on: January 29, 2015, 12:22:43 PM »
BTW anyone here knows how to draw well using your fingers in a smartphone? :V
While using SketchBook Express, I just zoom in so far that texels become as large as my thumbs; but I'm on a 7" tablet so it may be not that relevant.
#foreverscrubbingintensifies
e: fifth edit just for a round number
e2: damn, typed /url instead of /size ._.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:28:54 PM by Delfigamer »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #472 on: January 31, 2015, 01:43:49 AM »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #473 on: January 31, 2015, 10:50:56 PM »

That's pretty awesome! Nice job!

Did this last week. Took some tries to get the pose and "pressed on glass" look down. I feel there might still be a few lingering errors I might have overlooked, but I think I did well for what I was going for.

« Reply #474 on: February 01, 2015, 02:48:33 AM »

Both of these are really cute  :3

I love Wriggle's 'pickle sliver' eyebrows, not enough people give characters those eyebrows :V haha

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #475 on: February 01, 2015, 03:04:53 AM »
I love Wriggle's 'pickle sliver' eyebrows, not enough people give characters those eyebrows :V haha

I like those kinds of eyebrows on characters; that's pretty much a staple of my drawing style.

« Reply #476 on: February 01, 2015, 03:25:34 AM »
I like those kinds of eyebrows on characters; that's pretty much a staple of my drawing style.
Then you are doing gods work. definitely watching on dA eyebrows to strong  :3 :3

Hrusa

• /u/Hrusa
« Reply #477 on: February 01, 2015, 08:14:39 AM »
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I recently started experimenting with line weight on paper and got some interesting results. I think that the outfit is fairly Remilia like. I am working on a story about a scientific convention where Remilia joins in pretty much only as an excuse to cosplay.  :D

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #478 on: February 01, 2015, 09:49:40 PM »
I recently started experimenting with line weight on paper and got some interesting results.
Hey welcome. Aside from the awkward looking right hand, looks pretty neat.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #479 on: February 12, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »
I hope you won't mind me posting a piece of a work in progress: