Author Topic: AnimeNEXT 2013!  (Read 15439 times)

Meido Weapon

• Mikomikomiko~
    • Tumblr
AnimeNEXT 2013!
« on: May 29, 2013, 12:43:03 AM »
Is in 10 days.  Who's going? Who are you cosplaying? Are you going to be as drunk as I'm going to be?

I noticed BL2W is hosting the panel, and has some threads on the official forums and cosplay.com but none here.

So I figured I'd start one!

I'll be there as Yuugi with a Suwako in tow.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
Re: AnimeNEXT 2013!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 03:37:04 AM »
Oho, I honestly never expected someone to start up an AnimeNEXT thread here~! I didn't think any MotK people went to AnimeNEXT, but hey, I'm welcome to surprises (much like I'm hoping for with this year's convention)~ :3

As Meido Weapon said, I'll be hosting the convention's first-ever Touhou panel, which will be listed in the schedule as "Touhou: A World Within Our Own." It will be taking place at 11:00 PM on Friday night. Room details are still unknown at this point in time. There will also be a prize giveaway at the end of the panel, so check out the video in this link here to find out more concerning what you could win~

There will also be a Saturday photoshoot planned for 4:00 PM by the red dock outside of the DoubleTree. If there are any questions on how to get there, feel free to ask~
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:41:31 AM by BL2W »

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 12:58:23 PM »
Oh man, other people here go to this con?  This is my hometown-ish con, I've been going every single year (except the one when it wasn't in Jersey those punks)

I'm in charge of the Game Shows department with MJP, so we're the ones who run Cosplay Chess and Jeopardy and the Dating Games and my personal favorite, Match Game which is mad libs with some of the funniest voice actor guests.  Come on by and say hi!  And don't remind me it's in 10 days ugh so much to still do.  I don't know if I'll be cosplaying much, especially since Saturday's the big day for us, and no drinking since I have to be at the GSEC before 8am on Sunday morning after running an event that'll go to 1am Saturday night  :colonveeplusalpha:

Also if you are at 11pm we have different schedules  :V 
Mine might be outdated since we had to just see if they were going to goof for the 3rd year in a row and put our biggest event that's not in Main Events in a panel room that seats 90.  They did not!

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 09:02:41 PM »
Oh man, I totally forgot this was a thing this weekend.

I've never been to this. Where's the Red Dock? Is it that triangle thing I see on Google Maps?

triangles

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 09:16:43 PM »
Next weekend :V
If it was this weekend I'd be a much more panicked mess right now.

The red dock is outside kinda behind where the larger panels/ballrooms are in the Doubletree (the one with the walkway from the convention center with main events and the dealer's room)   Not sure which doors are going to be available for use.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 10:11:11 PM »
Is it that triangle thing I see on Google Maps?

If you type in "Garden State Exhibit Center" into Google Maps, just next to it to the East is the DoubleTree. Zoom in on the large pond directly southwest of it until you see a small, red, rectangular object along the edge of said pond (it's the only thing like it in the entire area). That is the red dock.

As for when you're actually inside of the DoubleTree at the convention itself, look to the large hallway (you can't miss it) with all of the large panel rooms and, to your left, you will find a long line of doors that allow you to go outside. Once you make your way through one of them (as triangles mentioned, some will be unlocked, others won't), just keep going down the field and you should spot the red dock quite easily~ :)

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 11:55:57 PM »
Next weekend :V

Derp. Realized that when I went to add it to my calendar,  :]

If you type in "Garden State Exhibit Center" into Google Maps, just next to it to the East is the DoubleTree. Zoom in on the large pond directly southwest of it until you see a small, red, rectangular object along the edge of said pond (it's the only thing like it in the entire area). That is the red dock.

Oh cool! Looks like a fun place for a photoshoot.
Thank you both for the info.

Since there'll be a Suwako, I'll cosplay as Sanae, the Miracle Worker of the USS Enterprise Moriya Shrine.

triangles

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 01:02:30 AM »
Even if I don't get a chance to be in costume (very likely except for the one event I'm required to be in costume for  :V)  I'll show my ~Touhou Spirit~ and wear my Meiling cap.

Meido Weapon

• Mikomikomiko~
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 01:07:37 AM »
My group is heading to the hotel on Thursday, so I've only got 7 days and some odd hours yet, but it's not even close to soon enough.    :ohdear:

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 02:26:53 AM »
I'll be there as Yuugi with a Suwako in tow.
I'll cosplay as Sanae, the Miracle Worker of the USS Enterprise Moriya Shrine.
I'll show my ~Touhou Spirit~ and wear my Meiling cap.

Oohoohoo, all of this Touhou cosplay-ness is making me giddy for what's to come~! :3

Just to let you all know, too, I have been informed or am already aware of some other cosplay that will be appearing at the convention this year. At the very least, there will be a Reimu (the same adorable one from last year, in case anyone here was present), a Yukari (who will also be a co-panelist of mine), a Satori (a "brohou" who I really respect for the sheer amount of detail that he puts into his cosplay), and an Alice (another "brohou" who happens to be a friend of mine); I'm also aware of others who I figure will be returning, such as both the Byakuren and the Kanako (who stated he will be trying for Utsuho this time) from last year, or will be doing their best to make their cosplays in time, such as the Aya from last year doing her best to pull a Reisen for this one. Elsewhere on other forums, I have heard that a Mokou/Keine duo will be appearing for Friday only, and another who will be going as Momiji~

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 01:37:40 PM »
Argh, I can only come Saturday so I'll miss the Friday panel, unless I can find somewhere to stay the night.

And miss the Keine/Mokou duo. I don't see Keine cosplayers very often.

triangles

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 06:58:14 PM »
Speaking of, did they post the schedule anywhere?
Because my schedule was updated as of 2 hours ago, and the Touhou panel still is not at the time BL2W was told  :ohdear:

Anyway Saturday is a very good day to come!  I am slightly biased since some of my department's most popular events are happening then.   Also there's always more Touhous than those who post on message boards, so I bet there will be some unexpected surprises!

Also also if you are awake Sunday morning check out cosplay chess I will be one of the players on stage in some costume I don't know what yet because it's too damn early for me to get into Megucas and be ready to set up.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 08:06:50 PM »
Speaking of, did they post the schedule anywhere?
Because my schedule was updated as of 2 hours ago, and the Touhou panel still is not at the time BL2W was told  :ohdear:

No, the schedule has not been posted publicly as of yet.

Although, my apologies about the timing. The panel department head has just confirmed with me that the Touhou panel will be taking place at 11 PM--but on Saturday, not Friday. I hope this clears things up now~ ^^;

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 11:50:28 PM »
No, the schedule has not been posted publicly as of yet.

Although, my apologies about the timing. The panel department head has just confirmed with me that the Touhou panel will be taking place at 11 PM--but on Saturday, not Friday. I hope this clears things up now~ ^^;

Oh goody! This means I can attend the panel, hooray!

triangles

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 02:15:59 AM »
Still not what my schedule (updated 5pm) has Touhous for... what room are you in?
I can inquire at the staff meeting Sunday if it still hasn't officially hit because this is definitely puzzling me, and I hope this means they don't have any surprises for us - one of our events is also Sat 11pm, in the Panel 1 ballroom (I highly doubt that's where you guys are)  IN THEORY that's where we're at.  It better be what we get otherwise I am going to cry :ohdear:

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 03:22:28 AM »
I still have no idea what room the panel is supposed to be taking place in. I'm probably going to find out once the schedule has been made public.

I do know that the panel department head also had this to say, though: "I am sorry about the confusion but with such a large staff sometimes info doesn't get communicated properly."

triangles

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 02:09:10 PM »
Schedule's finally up!
aaaaaand to match was I was looking at for the past two weeks, the Touhou panel is actually Friday 12:30-1:30pm so I don't know what the heck was going on there :ohdear:

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »
Aw I was hoping the panel time was Saturday. That makes me a sad Sanae :(

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 03:04:57 PM »
Schedule's finally up!
aaaaaand to match was I was looking at for the past two weeks, the Touhou panel is actually Friday 12:30-1:30pm so I don't know what the heck was going on there :ohdear:

The panel department head promised and assured me twice--during two different instances--that it was going to be at 11 PM instead. I just sent him another e-mail now concerning this.

triangles

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 09:04:37 PM »
Yeah it looks like unless you got mixed up with the (what I assume is) Persona panel... none of the revisions to the schedule had Touhou anywhere but Friday 12:30pm  ???
Let me know when you figure out what's for realsies.  I don't think we'll be at the con that early (thought maybe, I still can't drive so depends when my sister can leave haha) so if that's when it is I'll miss it :(

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 11:06:10 PM »
I don't think we'll be at the con that early (thought maybe, I still can't drive so depends when my sister can leave haha) so if that's when it is I'll miss it :(

Heck, my co-panelists won't even be able to get there that early; hence, I requested the change long ago when I had originally been given the panel's time in the first place. The panel department head has been quick to help me out with my inquiries thus far, so I don't believe he will fail me now--of all times.

triangles

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 12:18:32 AM »
Yeah there's always last minute changes, and they're pretty good about updating with info booths in both main locations as of late + guidebook which I guess everyone except me uses :V but yeah what you see is what's going to be printed, at least.
So hopefully it'll work out, especially since you'd be going to a later time you'd likely be able to catch everyone who was going to go anyway :D

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 10:12:04 PM »
Good news, everyone~!

For those of you worried about the physical schedule stating that the Touhou panel will be taking place at 12:30 PM on Friday no longer have to fear~! I just looked over the Guidebook app out of curiosity... "Touhou: A World Within Our Own" is, in fact, listed under 11:00 PM on Saturday~! :D

triangles

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 01:11:20 AM »
Welp then I'm definitely missing it  :(

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 02:57:22 PM »
Checked the weather forecast for Saturday... 60% chance of rain :(

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
Good news, everyone~!

For those of you worried about the physical schedule stating that the Touhou panel will be taking place at 12:30 PM on Friday no longer have to fear~! I just looked over the Guidebook app out of curiosity... "Touhou: A World Within Our Own" is, in fact, listed under 11:00 PM on Saturday~! :D

Oh thank god. I never been to this con before, and only found out about it at Anime boston. I was just looking at the scheudle, and was upset that there was a touhou panel, but on friday, since I work friday till 1.

It being at 11 PM on saturday is much better! I always go to the anime boston touhou panel and I love it.

I got a question. You guys need a laptop that can play 13.5 and the demo well? Well my gaming laptop plays it perfectly, and I would be happy to bring it. For the panel or just the gaming room, I would love to bring some touhou!

I am so happy to find NJ touhou fans!

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 04:06:38 PM »
I got a question. You guys need a laptop that can play 13.5 and the demo well? Well my gaming laptop plays it perfectly, and I would be happy to bring it. For the panel or just the gaming room, I would love to bring some touhou!

Thank you for the offer, but we're already prepared and set-up to be able to play both on the laptop we'll be bringing with us to use for the panel.

As for playing Touhou in the game room, though, that might be a swell idea to bring yours if we can work something out with the game room ops (or else we'll just play out in the hallway and gather people to where we're playing it; that's what I've seen Touhou fans doing at this convention for years now).

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 04:27:14 PM »
Thank you for the offer, but we're already prepared and set-up to be able to play both on the laptop we'll be bringing with us to use for the panel.

As for playing Touhou in the game room, though, that might be a swell idea to bring yours if we can work something out with the game room ops (or else we'll just play out in the hallway and gather people to where we're playing it; that's what I've seen Touhou fans doing at this convention for years now).

Ok. just wanted to toss the idea out there. I will being my laptop just in case people want to play the fighter in the game room(or in the hallway outside)

How is the game room for the con anyway? This is my first time to this convention.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 04:55:50 PM »
How is the game room for the con anyway? This is my first time to this convention.

Rough estimate is that it's about half as big as Anime Boston's was, and it's located in the Holiday Inn again this year, which is west of the parking lot of the Exhibit Center, so it's actually a bit of a trek even getting there... Usually I see Touhou fans park their computers in the DoubleTree, since it's far more easily accessible (it's the host building for most of the panels, after all) and comfortably holds a lot more room for such things to go on; the staff doesn't seem to particularly mind us being there with our computers and controllers and whatnot, either...

So, all-in-all, if you want to find Touhou fans playing the games, I'd look all around the DoubleTree first~ :)

triangles

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »
However, if it's rainy it'll get much more crowded inside - like you said, the Doubletree is the main hotel people are in - in the hallways and setting up shop sitting down in the hallways might become an issue.
(I am not at all affiliated with con safety, this is just my opinion)