~Beyond the Border~ > Genji's Battle Arena

[ROGUE] Okay let's play some NetHack (and DCSS!) (and Angband!) (and Slash'em!)

(1/67) > >>

Matsuri:

--- Quote ---[21:07:51] <headcrabs> damnit now I'm playing nethack
[21:07:53] <Edible> BLAMMO
[21:07:53] <Rikter> They where weird looking and ridiculously good
[21:07:56] Neo hugs Jana just 'cause
[21:07:58] <headcrabs> This is all your fault matsuri :(
[21:08:03] <Matsurin-Sunrise> headcrabs: Make a thread in AA y/n
[21:08:11] <PC2> It's Log, from BLAMMO
[21:08:14] <Drake> and/or has sapp been ripped open yet?
[21:08:15] <headcrabs> y
[21:08:21] <Matsurin-Sunrise> Doing so!
--- End quote ---

So yeah I've been playing NetHack a lot lately. I'm kind of hooked on it, despite sucking at it. However, a good friend of mine just ascended for the first time in the game, and I'm more driven to do better and stuff.

Anyway, for those who don't know, NetHack is a roguelike game where you explore dungeons, collect treasures, and die in hilarious, unexpected, and infuriating ways. You can download the game here.

So yeah, let's all play this and discuss strategies and stories here. Screenshots are welcome, as well! Perhaps we can have a scoreboard, if y'all wish :3

Oh, and WikiHack is your friend for learning how to play and such. :3

Go!

EDIT: alt.org has some great information too, as well as how to play on nethack.alt.org via Telnet. :3

Here's a handy beginner's guide, written by Arashi. :3

Also, MotK now has a NetHack and DCSS server! Simply telnet to henrietta.shrinemaiden.org, port 23, register, and start playing!
Once you're registered and have played, you can find your logs and replays here!

Shizumarashi Mayuzumi:
I'm so garbage at NetHack but it's good fun anyway. <3

Matsuri:
You get better at it the more you play! You learn from mistakes and such, after all. :3

theshirn:
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you are not dragging me into this thrice-damned game again

* theshim engraves Elbereth on the stones and waits for everyone to go away

Aisha:
Oh, I love Nethack. :D The farthest I've ever gotten is a level or two into Gehennom with a Valkyrie. I haven't played the game in over a year though, and I keep telling myself to get back into it, but I haven't been able to come up with the motivation to get a good run going again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version