Author Topic: impossible spell card question (spoilers beware)  (Read 2154 times)

impossible spell card question (spoilers beware)
« on: June 17, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »
i have seen the hidden 10 nicknames (i will call them achivements) in the game and i only seen them in youtube. tried to see the first 60 in the wiki but didnt notice to hidden ones until i found the video doing the achievement.

so the question is this:

the last achivement requires you to finished all the scene/stages without using item. (no item clear)
so does using the sub item counts as a  "no item clear"?

if yes, it is possible to beat the game without using any items, including subitems?

thanks

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
Re: impossible spell card question (spoilers beware)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 04:58:47 PM »
In theory, yes. In practice, maybe - but for now I don't see anyone who would be keen enough to go through all that trouble.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Thanbo

• Wow! I can have a "Custom Title" now!?
  • Take risks! No regrets...
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »
You can have the passive effect of the sub items and still have a "no item clear". In other words, as long as the amount of the items you bring to battle doesn't decrease, you get the middle circle.
Someone no-item cleared the game(all scenes) a while ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q97lHerm8-I
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:04:41 PM by Thanbo »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 05:36:15 PM »
Jaimers and IHNN no item'd all scenes. IHNN was pause buffering some, but I do believe Jaimers didn't. Having a sub-item does not affect you in any way regarding the achievement stuff. Some scenes are really fucking dumb for no-item though.

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 05:42:50 PM »
OP asked if it's possible to no item all scenes without sub items and IHNN and Jaimers used sub items in their run.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

Thanbo

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:49:04 PM »
so does using the sub item counts as a  "no item clear"?
That's the OP main question. And the answer is:  YES!
The answer for the next question is apparently NO!  :V
You can't leave any of the item slots blank after day 5, that's why.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:54:33 PM by Thanbo »

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 06:05:37 PM »
You can't leave any of the item slots blank after day 5, that's why.
And so is your main slot. You can for example has Nimble Fabric as your sub without using it and your main item at all and that perfectly counts as no item clear without sub. Well, it's not like the game cares anyway.
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 06:09:18 PM »
Not using sub-items just sounds like a pointless extension of an already arduous challenge. It's one of the only tools for customization the game gives you, so it'd be silly to take away the only three benefits you can get. That said, it's still quite possible to do without them and only using the default shot - if it could be done with a wide-shot, it could be done without it, too. I don't think anyone actually cares though which sub-item you use.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 10:49:34 AM »
since they say that you cant have a empty sub item,

it is possible to clear all scenes with a no-item clear using a mallet? also
which is harder, this question or getting a gold medal in great fairy wars? i think fairy wars is impossible for me though....

thanks

Thanbo

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
Mallet as main item = no; Mallet as sub item and use no main item = yes.
Fairy wars? It depends on the chosen difficulty, Easy or Lunatic.  :V