Author Topic: STG Weekly #52: Touhou ~ Great Fairy Wars  (Read 1836 times)

STG Weekly #52: Touhou ~ Great Fairy Wars
« on: March 10, 2014, 11:58:04 AM »
Hello people, Aquas here, the host of STG Weekly.   Just wanted to make sure people are aware of our new episode on Touhou 12.8 Great Fairy Wars with guests chumlum and Zil.  They did a great job, well, chum motor-mouthed his way to victory.  But I was quite happy Zil could make it too and add what he could, as a new guest on the show.  I believe chum a superb job explaining this game and how to exceed in it.  I hope you find it useful here and can use it as a go-to episode for learning how to approach the game.

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zPqrXxarhY

Zil and chum will come back for Phantasmagoria episodes in the near-ish future as well.  And fear not, for EoSD, MoF and PCB are also on the future docket with signed up commentators such as Cactu, Nereid, Naut, Vanhourmena and Zengeku.   I truly want to please everyone at Shrine Maiden and it will be accomplished with your help as well.  If anyone else has a specific TH game, whatever it may be, that they would be confident to expertly (or pseudo expertly) comment on, I would love to put you on the "roster."

As always I'm happy to accept feedback about how to make the episodes better in whatever way you may seem fit or what you'd like to see as far as TH games being featured.  I believe we've improved in some ways since our last Touhou episode.

Anyway, cheers and enjoy the episode.

Re: STG Weekly #52: Touhou ~ Great Fairy Wars
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:25:13 AM »
Welcome! GFW was a great episode, good job Chum.
Denpa should definitely be commentating for MoF, so bother him for that. I wonder who will commentate for PCB, since no one plays it for score seriously (besides Waah for normal and some people on EX/Phantasm stages).
I think that when you're doing an episode, you could try fitting in Normal mode into the intro or something so we'll see some new footage on top of the standard Lunatic/Extra runs.
Vanhourmena
w

Zil

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 12:02:13 PM »
Yeah, chum did a great job on this one. I'm just sorry I didn't really contribute much and that my mic was so shitty. I've already got my hands on a better one, and when the phantasmagorias come around I ought to be a lot more helpful.

Also what cactu said. Denpa would probably be ideal for MoF, and Waah for PCB, if you can get them.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 10:05:24 PM »
I'd also nominate Zil on basically anything PC98.  He's got a good background in them and has really good scores as well.  Eldestructoe would also make another good MoF commentator if you're doing Easy or Normal.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 11:18:09 PM »
I'd also nominate Zil on basically anything PC98.  He's got a good background in them and has really good scores as well.  Eldestructoe would also make another good MoF commentator if you're doing Easy or Normal.

Oh my, hearing ElD's voice?! This I would like to see. Denpa x ElD tag team would be glorious.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!