Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...  (Read 323412 times)

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...
« Reply #900 on: August 25, 2009, 04:42:18 AM »
When you watch the weather report, see a thunderstorm passing by close to your city and think 'Hell yeah, nice grazing there.'

Also: When you decide to play Samurai Warriors 2 Empires again after a long time, then check the create-a-officer option and realize the female fighters closes look like Reimu. And then spend an hour to create 8 different Touhou officers even though you'll never touch the game again for a long time.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:45:53 AM by Sakana »

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #901 on: August 25, 2009, 04:54:19 AM »
When you watch the weather report, see a thunderstorm passing by close to your city and think 'Hell yeah, nice grazing there.'
Yeah, good for you, but MY town grazed a possible tornado! Tenshi tried, but all she got was a water spout.

Anyways, I was listening to a vocal version of 3rd Eye on my DSi, (how naughty of me...) with the ExciteBike skin thing on. After looking at the colours, it seemed like Koishi and Satori were bike-racing each other to the end of the song. Out of nowhere, a hidden rider passed them both! It was so Aya.

There was other stuff that was significantly related to Touhou, but I forgot them...

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #902 on: August 25, 2009, 06:33:09 AM »
You tried to name the tornadoes as different Touhoes... to date, I did that thrice.

Katrina was rumored to be Iku having her period.
there was another one I called Mokou-storm
and a local hurricane with no name on its own was given the honorary name of Cirno-storm (this one actually rained frogs so yeah)
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Legacy|iB

« Reply #903 on: August 25, 2009, 07:28:07 AM »
I was in a HomeSense the other day and among a myriad of seafaring/sailing decor was an anchor.

The speed of which my mind started screaming 'CAPTAIN MINAMITSU MOTHERF*CKING MURASA' still surprises me now.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #904 on: August 25, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »
Not but a few minutes ago, I was playing MapleStory, hunting MT-09 (a projectile-shooting alien mecha) for a quest.

I ended up grazing a couple of the 3rd one's projectiles, and I began to laugh at the realization that I'd done so.

So yeah: you know you're addicted to Touhou when the first thing an aerial near-miss brings to mind is grazing.
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Sean

• The Disturbed Leader of Four Against Nature
« Reply #905 on: August 25, 2009, 04:28:37 PM »
Last night I spent around.... I want to say four or five hours playing Touhou while talking to friends on Skype. My mind is completely DEAD.
This Signature only existed in my mind.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #906 on: August 25, 2009, 10:20:48 PM »
You've managed to convince multiple other people on your Team/Clan/Guild Etc. in an online game to try the Touhou series.

« Reply #907 on: August 26, 2009, 03:40:33 AM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you can name every single character in every game and the outside-characters.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #908 on: August 26, 2009, 04:04:47 AM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you can name every single character in every game and the outside-characters.

This is what I strive for.

I can name nearly every single character in the series just by looking at their pictures, and I always use full names (e.g. Chiyuri Kitashirakawa, Keine Kamishirasawa, Shikieiki Yamaxanadu). If I were to list them off the top of my head with no references whatsoever, I'll probably be able to get 85% of all the characters.

... Looks like I'm not addicted enough.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #909 on: August 26, 2009, 04:20:01 AM »
I think I can do that.

Also, from a chat session on YIM, I suppose he was talking about a Freddy Krueger movie or something...

"Freddy may have been thwarted in Dream Master (film number 4), but he plans to use Alice's unborn child as a way to continue his spree in Dream Child"
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #910 on: August 26, 2009, 04:27:02 AM »
When you buy a hat and modify it to look like a Touhou's, even though you never wear hats.

Sean

• The Disturbed Leader of Four Against Nature
« Reply #911 on: August 26, 2009, 04:54:06 AM »

Thank you for reminding me how dangerously close I am to that point.
This Signature only existed in my mind.

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
« Reply #912 on: August 26, 2009, 06:44:06 AM »

And when you can name every single song in the series, including the ones in the ZUN albums. Not quite there yet.

« Reply #913 on: August 26, 2009, 03:59:09 PM »
Mmmmnope, nowhere near there!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #914 on: August 26, 2009, 07:11:08 PM »
Every in-game character except from HRtP and SoEW, actually.  Outside characters DON'T COUNT

And when you can name every single song in the series, including the ones in the ZUN albums. Not quite there yet.
Again, all in-game music except the first two, and maybe one or two from LLS and MS.  A bunch of the albums, but not anywhere near all of them.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #915 on: August 26, 2009, 09:11:25 PM »
When you play the Touhou Battle Arena UMS on Starcraft. =3
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:27:42 PM by EX Na2O2 »

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #916 on: August 26, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »

It only recently occurred to me what a feat this is. I was talking to my friend and she couldn't believe I knew them all. And I said, "Well, there are only...actually there are more than 100 characters. How do I know all their names?"

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #917 on: August 27, 2009, 12:58:57 AM »
"Well, there are only...actually there are more than 100 characters. How do I know all their names?"

Touhou burns itself inside your brain.

And when you can name every single song in the series, including the ones in the ZUN albums.

FFFFFFFFFFFF-

* Takes overdose of Touhou

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #918 on: August 27, 2009, 01:20:20 AM »
When you begin to memorize the kanji of the game titles.

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
« Reply #919 on: August 27, 2009, 02:48:21 AM »
I saw a carton of Calpis just now and the first thing I thought about was Touhou. Now I'm just trying to figure out why Calpis is a Touhou reference in my brain.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #920 on: August 27, 2009, 11:01:22 AM »
when your wow guildmates, before a raid starts, yell "type @ if you want us to summon you here"
and people start typing @ @ @ and you think it's a circle nine.

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #921 on: August 27, 2009, 11:04:26 PM »
When you begin to press Z to try and confirm actions in other games.

Omnifish

• One Fish To Rule Them All
« Reply #922 on: August 28, 2009, 01:30:37 AM »
When, upon visiting Wizard's of the Coast's new forums for the first time, the first thing you notice about the new site is another poster's Patchouli avatar.

misosoupwitheggplant

• stalking stalker a stalker.
« Reply #923 on: August 28, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »
I'm going to a con today. There's going to be Touhou in the video game room. I kinda want to play once I'm there. And the person who recommended it is going to cosplay as Reisen.
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

Patoyo

• Currently waiting for Touhou 13
« Reply #924 on: August 29, 2009, 04:19:03 PM »
I have a dream about the Touhou girls last night and  I know I'm addicted when Touhou even enters my dream.

Yep, nowhere is safe right now.

« Reply #925 on: August 29, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »
I'm sure just about everyone has had that dream where Yukari gaps into their room or vice versa.

Patoyo

• Currently waiting for Touhou 13
« Reply #926 on: August 29, 2009, 04:38:12 PM »
Yeah you're right.
"she will explore your gaps."

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #927 on: August 29, 2009, 05:32:10 PM »

I caught myself doing that just yesterday. I can't believe it. Z is like the most unused key for games ever lol.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #928 on: August 29, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »
Fraxy happens to be one of my favourite games, mainly because you can make your own SHMUP bosses with it. Go figure, I made an outdated Koishi a long time ago, along with a more recently made danmaku-spewing machine that is apparently what I would be if I was capable of extra boss-power danmaku spewing.

Also, at my workplace, I just recently discovered three jazzy artworks on the same wall. One was playing a saxophone, one a piano, and one a cello. Now who can guess what those three players looked like to me, and what those instruments looked like to me?

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
« Reply #929 on: August 30, 2009, 07:52:35 AM »

I caught myself doing that just yesterday. I can't believe it. Z is like the most unused key for games ever lol.

Z seems to be one of the standard doujin game confirm keys. i.e. most of the games on my computer.