Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles getting a Steam release!  (Read 5952 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Valkyria Chronicles getting a Steam release!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 03:09:33 AM »
aaaaand of course I get called out to help tomorrow

guess I'll be a day behind y'all >:(

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 10:11:07 AM »
IT'S OUT RIGHT NOW THEY DID A MIDNIGHT RELEASE

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »
GET OUT OF MY WAY, WORK!  >:(

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 01:46:05 PM »
So I'm gonna bother myself getting it on Sale, not because of 10% discount they're most likely gonna do, as the same as the release, but most likely 'cause that's the only time I'm willing to burn money for Steam.

Anyways, I heard from my friend the port's amazing, with only two downsides: 1.) Pre-rendered in-game cutscenes are PS3 quality; and 2.) you can't use your mouse in the menu.

Other than that, the port has some PC Master Race thing going on, including the 4K graphics option.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »
Dear christ it saves so fast I thought the game was broken

then I looked again and it had saved

what even is this

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »
trip report: game is super fast and smooth

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2014, 04:01:19 PM »
As a note, a couple issues have been spotted:

1. There've been occasional reports of crashing when you leave HQ for the first time at the start of chapter 3.  Save beforehand, zoom through it as fast as possible, and then leave, just in case.  It only seems to be happening on the first visits to HQ, so you can go back in after and do your research/levelling/squad selection proper.
2. Apparently certain refresh rates/FPS(?) cause the tank physics to start acting weird.  If your tank acts up (most notably at the slope on the second chapter you have it), you'll want to go toggle VSync/FPS and related settings a bit.

Reddyne

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 01:02:27 PM »
Whee~ this handles pretty well regardless of whether you're using a gamepad or keyboard/mouse although it takes the regular amount of time to adjust for anyone who hasn't played it yet. I managed to make it to the character recruitment and got a bit flustered when I saw that I couldn't recruit everyone I wanted right away. Also it was like 30 minutes past bedtime.

Nancy and Cathy hnnng.

Saving the game takes like what 1 frame?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 03:21:06 AM »
The game's appeared at the top of steam's best sellers list

Which is apparently sorted by revenue so within certain periods it has been selling more than three times the amount Call of Duty is if that's true.

jesus fucking christ I'm so happy about this

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2014, 03:25:57 AM »

Which is apparently sorted by revenue so within certain periods it has been selling more than three times the amount Call of Duty is if that's true.

COME ON SEGA. GIVE US A 4

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2014, 06:55:28 AM »
Sega didn't see it coming, their forecasts for the game were blown out of the water. I know you shouldn't bet on a port to be successful, but come on, the game is good, there was no reason to be expecting crappy sales.

So, about that PSO2... :derp:

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 07:14:57 AM »
For anyone that didn't notice, we got Evy Detachment and Behind her Blue Flame (which were originally paid DLC) with the Steam release for free, in the Extras menu. The Evy Detachment challenge maps are on the second page of Skirmish mode in the main game too!

Reddyne

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »

What really? 2 weeks ago Sega was just like "oh yeah we're doing this btw you can buy it if you like b-baka."

This weekend is shaping up to be custom made for some video game time. Hopefully I can get closer to the bunch I want but I've already got Nancy, Ted, Alex, Marina, and Cathy. Team Awesome GO!
COME ON SEGA. GIVE US A 4
If the numbers are anything to go by...

How much has Sega dipped into stuff like Steam releases before? Sonic games are the only thing that they seem to have out there but I haven't followed those and that's just been their cash cow since forever and they seem to be on autopilot about it. Positive numbers for anything else might encourage them to delve into this more.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2014, 02:30:50 PM »
How much has Sega dipped into stuff like Steam releases before? Sonic games are the only thing that they seem to have out there but I haven't followed those and that's just been their cash cow since forever and they seem to be on autopilot about it. Positive numbers for anything else might encourage them to delve into this more.
It's been a bit sporadic.  I'm pretty sure the PC release of Generations did really well as  well (And continues to do fairly well due to the fact it has a huge modding scene).  All-Stars Racing Transformed also recieved a really good response though I don't know how much it sold.  But I don't think any of them have had this level of success.

For anyone that didn't notice, we got Evy Detachment and Behind her Blue Flame (which were originally paid DLC) with the Steam release for free, in the Extras menu. The Evy Detachment challenge maps are on the second page of Skirmish mode in the main game too!
Yup.  You also have the EX Hard maps once you clear the game (since they don't appear before then).
Be aware that the reward from the Scout challenge map can be gotten at a super low level if you know how; plus you can get the Ruhm from the Selvaria missions - but these weapons will utterly trash the main game if you do.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2014, 10:18:38 AM »
I can't beat Oswald with my baby rifles, I don't if he was mandatory to kill to beat the stage or not though since I didn't play the DLC when I originally played VC.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2014, 07:23:11 AM »
So I grabbed the speedrunning world record for this game yesterday. Also, today's patch fixes tank controls at high fps :toot:

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2014, 07:42:16 AM »
So I grabbed the speedrunning world record for this game yesterday. Also, today's patch fixes tank controls at high fps :toot:
Grats~ (Got a video?   I'd love to see what this game actually looks like speedrun)

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2014, 08:09:50 AM »
Grats~ (Got a video?   I'd love to see what this game actually looks like speedrun)

http://www.twitch.tv/pxtfd/c/5537147

It sucks, stupid RNG. 8 and a half hours of almost nonstop (with one food break in the middle) streaming