Author Topic: Assassin's Creed III announced. Trailer!  (Read 2229 times)

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
Assassin's Creed III announced. Trailer!
« on: March 06, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMPrv8oRw
Assassin's Creed was revealed I think yesterday? So it seems like it will take place during the American Revolution. What do you guys think?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Assassin's Creed III announced. Trailer!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »
I'm interested in how they'll be handling the game itself.  This is obviously not the urban environment we've come to expect from AC games, so will we be traversing the wilderness?  Exploring various settlements?  Will there be multiple venues spanning the east coast of the US?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »
AC III is also the cover story in this month's Game Informer, I'll take a look at that.

My guess is that we can expect to participate in at least one large-scale battle, that'd be awesome.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:59:50 PM »
Oh boy, I wonder if we get to pal around with Ben Franklin.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:12:36 AM »
I think they said Ben Franklin isn't going to be your inventor-bro  :(
I am curious how I will get my PARKOUR PARKOUR fix without all them landmarks to climb (which is why I was placing my vote on ACIII being during the French Revolution, which I think would have more but I am bad at history)

I hope we get to play more as Desmond this time around, outside of a stupid 1st person puzzle I was terrible at, as interacting with Lucy/Rebecca/Shaun was a major highlight for me in Brotherhood.  The latest game was too sadpants for Shaun to be his snarky wonderful self.

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
  • The Main Character (Really!)
    • Blank
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:54:50 AM »
Well since the Revolutionary War happened first, it's possibly they could add it in later.

You'll be going through the wilderness with the occasional hunting, with maps either being in summer or winter (since the game will apparently take itself through three decades). There's also Boston and New York to go through. And the improved engine allows them to have a couple 1000 people on screen supposedly, so Connor being in a couple famous battles or two is likely.

For characters, interactions with George Washington is a important relationship in the game, and also Charles Lee. As for Ben:

...won't be some carbon copy of Leonardo Da Vinci from previous games - the convenient inventor concept is not on the menu.

Whatever that means.

From this GI article anyway.

...Where's my game?

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
I really hope they don't just copy and paste tree templates though. Totally looking forward to the battles as well.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 08:25:19 AM »
I think copying tree templates is most likely given, because there are always a lot of trees, and making each of them different would cost a lot of space and memory. It's not that there weren't house templates in the previous games either.

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
  • The Main Character (Really!)
    • Blank
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 06:22:03 AM »
I do hope the fights get a bit harder, not sure about Revelations, but by Brotherhood,  you could just wipe groups since they generally just tried to attack you one by one basically. One could say it's justified by Ezio's experience, but still.

...Where's my game?