Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 110810 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 1]
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 12:11:48 AM »
Votecount the Fourth

Navarus (1): Depore, Mala
Just (1): Book of the Past, Mala, Xix
One (2): Yuan, Just
Mala (1): One, Orwen, Iffrita
Xix (3): Miya, Just, Moonin, Iffrita
Book of the Past (1): Mikhail
Orwen (1): Navarus
Moonin (1): Xix

Yuan (0): Orwen

Not Voting: One

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
You have about 48 hours until Night 1.

I have sent prods to Depore, Yuan and Book of the Past. I am unhappy with these players.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:22:15 AM by Bardiche »

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 12:15:41 AM »
##Unvote

##Vote:Xix
Your lack of good reason and aggressive language are very suspicious to me. You shouldn't vote other people for something you are guilty of too. Very Scummy behaviour.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 12:16:51 AM »
@Empress Iffrita:
Also, telling other people to do something helpful is a pretty good way for scum to try to sound subliminally pro-town without actually pushing players directly and getting involved.
@Moonin: Post more please, I want to be able to develop a proper read on you. Bonus points if it's worthy content.
:V
Difficult doesn't mean impossible. In regards to Xix how come you're comparing him to One? I think I'd like to see Xix go more than Demon Navarus though since I can see his actions as being more scum motivated.

##Unvote
##Vote Xix

I don't like the fact that half the votes on Xix are random votes though.
@One: Information is vital indeed. You find Xix and Moonin suspicious but lack any solid reasoning. Do you have any reasoning at all? And does suspicious equate to scummy in your head?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 12:20:19 AM »
Wagon on Xix picked up amazingly fast. I'll be really interested in his response.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 12:30:22 AM »
@Depore: You're looking pretty opportunistic there. Do you have opinions on people other than the guy who the currently growing wagon is on?

@Mala: That's not the same thing, actually! What you were doing was just sending out an open message to all players. I confronted somebody directly, which can actually be traced as an interaction with them later on. Also, I was comparing Xix to One because you were attacking One when at the time, both were not providing opinions on the discussion surrounding them and the only real difference between their content was Xix hopping on an easy wagon. ... It made sense to me when I posted it! Speaking of which.

RE: One case: yeah, uh, I'm not seeing it. Just's vote on One bugs me in the same manner of Xix's vote on Moomin because what One is posting is kind of content you see from confuzzled townies who don't know how to vote properly, not scum who are trying to avoid being tied to opinions. I think that scum!One would be more likely to produce some names then waffle back on them instead of just throwing out some potential targets. I do want him to elaborate on his Moomin and Xix suspicions and slam down a vote, though.

Also, guys, Xix is currently at L-2. Just throwing that out there for the sake of caution.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2011, 12:41:48 AM »
People with no posts that may apply to the discussion in either a positive or negative manner. I.E. Neutral. I.E. you? I cannot argue with your superior logic.

Your right, I totally contradicted myself. Goes to show what I would know.

@One: Information is vital indeed. You find Xix and Moonin suspicious but lack any solid reasoning. Do you have any reasoning at all? And does suspicious equate to scummy in your head?

I find Moonin suspicious for the short and vague response on Xix voting on him, he did not attempt to defend and just shrugs it off like it mean't nothing.

I find Xix suspicious due to the fact even though he had 3 votes on him at the time, he does not have a case in which he defends himself, but instead focuses on Moonin.

Therefore I have decided :
##Vote Xix

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2011, 12:43:05 AM »
##Unvote
##FoS Xix

Because L-1.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2011, 12:43:57 AM »
Are you friggen serious? That's L-1. Claim, Xix.

And One suddenly becomes a lot more suspicious.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2011, 12:45:35 AM »
Votecount the Fifth

Just (1): Book of the Past, Mala, Xix
One (2): Yuan, Just
Mala (1): One, Orwen, Iffrita
Xix (5): Miya, Just, Moonin, Iffrita, Depore, Mala, One
Book of the Past (1): Mikhail
Orwen (1): Navarus
Moonin (1): Xix

Navarus (0): Depore, Mala
Yuan (0): Orwen

Not Voting: Mala

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
You have about 47 hours until Night 1.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2011, 12:48:23 AM »
@Navarus: Why would he need to claim? Two of the votes on him aren't even serious. Sure, a majority of the town dislikes him, myself included, but he hasn't even come back to defend himself yet. You do realize that this game has a 72-hour D1 unlike most of the recent Mafias here, right?

@One: I'm having trouble understanding why you think Xix is worse than Moomin from what you said about the two. All three of Xix's original votes were jokes, while the vote on Moomin was serious. Also, pay attention to how many votes a player has before voting them in the future, putting somebody at L-1 when we're only a third of the way into D1 is not a very good idea.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2011, 12:51:31 AM »
Theoretically the claim should happen at L-2 with 13 players. Also consider the fact that I don't like him but want to get an Orwen answer first to be registering my discomfort with him. He's clearly done bad enough so he's a viable lynch. I find the fact that we have a viable lynch candidate within 24 hours to be an actually *good* thing. It means we aren't scrambling if Xix pops out a provably town claim.

Is there a particular reason claim pressure needs to happen 2 hours before deadline?

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2011, 12:57:30 AM »
Just because I think having claim pressure right now would be somewhat premature doesn't mean that I would want it to happen two hours before deadline. It just seems odd to have him claim right now when five people (Mikhail, Book of the Past, Sage Orwen, Yuan, Princess Miya, Moonin) don't even have clear opinions, especially considering that Xix only has four to five or so votes against him at the moment. I wouldn't fully oppose Xix claiming right now, but I still want to see more people return to voice their opinions on him before we actually force him to do so.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2011, 12:59:40 AM »
@One: I'm having trouble understanding why you think Xix is worse than Moomin from what you said about the two. All three of Xix's original votes were jokes, while the vote on Moomin was serious. Also, pay attention to how many votes a player has before voting them in the future, putting somebody at L-1 when we're only a third of the way into D1 is not a very good idea.

I...see...I'll keep that in mind.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2011, 01:00:57 AM »
Whatthe helljust happened!?!?

Moonin. Easy target, in ED1? What's different about that, everyone would pick on the person who stands out. And he stands out because he has said absolutely nothing. Lack of information is anti-Chaos. Anti-Chaos is not helpful. Even throwing out a random reason with a vote gives more information, as you can discern motive from that. Sure, I'm asking somebody to do something, but this is a person who has done less than other people who have done nothing!

Anyways, you want what I think? Fine, here ya go.

Mala's 29 does indeed feel like a strange unnecessary push for a wagon. And some role-playing

Iffrita, your wording on 37 is terrible. Agree with Navarus during that little bout between you two.

As for the timing of my post, that was started before the Mala posts, but :effort:  :dealwithit:

Meanwhile, Navarus, why don't you feel like throwing your hat into these messes? It seems like you're trying to look like you're in the case, but will talk about it if it feels right.

Now to deal with these damn cuts, cue the first line in this post. Man, why am I wasting time dealing with cuts when they should be spent on killing Nex! This damn crow shouting next to me isn't helping. Wait...
What do you mean eight cuts?!

Someone is clearly having fun with Ouroboros. I got nothing on Just for now.

Depore: Yeah, this is the person you should be voting for Noah Iffrita, with the reasoning you're using on me. Me, jumping on to an easy wagon? A person who had NO VOTES?!?! Seriously, jumping on to the only wagon without explaining a reason?

Mala: Exact same damn thing, except she doesn't actually give an damn reasoning on this vote.

Alright Oski, I'm hitting post, sheesh. Annoying little...
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN SIX MORE CUTS?!

One: I was giving you a pass for being a newbie, but what is this? You want me to defend against RANDOM VOTES?!

Oh look, reasonable posts. Wait, you want me to claim because I'm at L-1 when 1/3rd of those are random votes? Good job, trying to get me to reveal my role. There should be no reason why I'm even at L-1 in the first place.

Empress Noah saying what I just said.

And just hit...
Two more cuts. I hate everything.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2011, 01:03:09 AM »
I think Mala looks suspicious. My first impression of her divining was that she was playing in character; Just seems to be plotting against the throne in the story, so it would make sense to vote for Just on that basis (likewise, since in the story divination is powered by sex with her guard, Orwen, I voted her for likely her "job" too much). That reasoning, apparently, no longer holds. However, her hinting that she does have divining abilities worries me a little, since the mod has stated that roles and characters are not linked. Furthermore, I don't really like her vote on Demon Navarus, because while she found Navarus's defense of herself suspicious, she doesn't mention Navaris's defense of Depore.

I'm also really not liking the wagon on Xix, nor I'm I fond of Mala's. Xix had a point on Moonin (though a hypocritical one), and there are quite a few lurkers I would like some more out of. Furthermore, Xix hadn't made a post since Mala's 51, so I would like to know what changed her mind since them. Heck, the last three votes on Xix by Mala, Depore, and One all strike me as suspicious and in need of backing.

That doesn't mean Xix's off the hook. He's still a hypocrite even if he's right, and I am also interested in his response to his wagon. Actually, Depore, Moonin, and Xix are all guilty of giving limited one liners, and that's before we get to the non-posters, which makes them all hard to judge.

One should explain why he placed Xix at L-1. I found the act suspicious, possibly scummy. And I somewhat agree with Navarus; it would be best for town for Xix to give his claim while giving town enough time to turn his wagon around if we believe it. I don't think it needs to be done immediately though, because if he's town content from him may be sufficient to turn his wagon around considering his lack of content so far. I do think sometime in the next 24 hours would be preferable if he's still at L-2. We are not waiting until 2 hours before deadline to ask for a claim when he's already at L-2, with with a 6th player FoSing him.

-3 Cuts-

I'm going to respond to those posts after I put this out.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2011, 01:07:47 AM »
Fair enough Iffrita. I'll cede that.

@Xix: I feel more comfortable putting pressure on Orwen, that he needs to respond to.

Hrm...I like Orwen a lot better now

##Unvote, Vote One

That vote was awful. Why Xix over Moonin?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2011, 01:19:54 AM »
@Sage Orwen: When I mentioned Xix in #54 I already had suspicions on him. I switched to him because I liked the case on him more than Demon Navarus. I had been intending to switch earlier than I did in #62 but a few things came up.
In regards to One I'm actually reading him as derp(town?).

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2011, 01:37:36 AM »
@Xix: Yeah, your reaction doesn't exactly make me want to move my vote. You skipped over the most significant part of my case on you, which was how you made your vote when serious discussion about various players (myself, Orwen and Mala) was going on and yet did not contribute towards it at all in favor of the easy target nobody was prioritizing. You essentially avoided giving opinions on the biggest names at the time, which in turn gave us less to judge you on. This fits scum's agenda of attempting to avoid attention.

Regarding you claims that I should be voting Depore, Depore at least made her stance on a player who had importance to the discussion at the time and was not as easy as the guy who just voted without posting any words, so I thought she looked better than you at the time of her post. I still want to hear back from her about her opinions on other players, however.

Aside from that, your post reads as very reportery to me. You're lightly touching on several issues, but there's a lack of actual conclusions on each and by the end of the day your post is still sitting on Moonin even though your case on him has not advanced at all. Satisfied seeing you hanged today.

@Navarus: Are you still disliking Xix after his response, or did it answer most of your qualms about him? Since you just jumped over to One, all I'm left with is an assumption. Also, how's your town read on Depore holding up?

Regarding One... eh. I initially thought I had a fairly strong town read on him, but the way he awkwardly prioritized his cases on Moomin and Xix so that he could place Xix on L-1 then completely brushed me aside when I pointed it out doesn't look that great to me. Want to see him explain why he wanted Xix gone over Moomin originally, and whether that still holds up or not now that Xix has responded.

Orwen's post looks pretty solid to me. I'm leaning town on him now, actually, since the one thing I found iffy about him earlier was explained.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2011, 01:47:50 AM »
Depore is still town that needs to post way the fuck more. Still suspicious of Xix, want to pressure One, I don't feel comfortable putting Xix at L-1.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2011, 01:50:00 AM »
So you're saying that scum is more likely to ignore the current topic and try to get something started on someone, than going "I like this wagon" and doing what others are doing, blending in and pushing a wagon? On day 1? ???

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2011, 01:56:00 AM »
Even though both of these things push for the lynches of easy targets in the current situation, one of these them is significantly less likely to draw town's attention and votes. Scum does not want to draw town's attention and votes, and giving opinions on the current topic gives them more of a chance to slip up. I think you look worse than Depore because of this. I feel that Moonin was an easier target than you were, too.

Of course, I can't really get a good read on what Depore was even trying to do because she hasn't posted since her initial vote. Considering that I think her vote was on scum, I might be slightly biased.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2011, 02:08:24 AM »
@Xix: I wasn't jumping on an easy wagon. There was only 1 serious vote at the time.
"What's different about that, everyone would pick on the person who stands out."
I picked someone who stood out. You! You didn't say much and just gave an easy reason for voting Moonin.
But I must admit that Moonin should post more and with more information.

"Depore: Yeah, this is the person you should be voting for Noah Iffrita, with the reasoning you're using on me."
Now you're just deflecting the heat off you right onto me insted of making a proper defense.
Come back when you have cooled down and have some evidence.

@Orwen:
"Furthermore, I don't really like her vote on Demon Navarus, because while she found Navarus's defense of herself suspicious, she doesn't mention Navaris's defense of Depore."
That probably wasn't for my defense, it was probably just a statement of opinion whether serious or not.

@One:
"The most suspicious would really...well I don't have any solid reasons but I would find Moonin and Xix and well...people with no posts that may apply to the discussion in either a positive or negative manner"
I know you thought you worded it wrong but what did you actually mean by this sentence?

5 cuts.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2011, 02:09:45 AM »
As for opinions I'm getting on that.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2011, 02:11:52 AM »
Ufu!  Time to enlighten you as to what I think now~

One: Super cool waffle there one-san! 57 And then we have some content that isn't just an unsure blab... which consists of putting Xix at L-1 when your case really isn't that solid...  Tsk tsk.  You are now a lot more scummy.

Moonin-san~  I think what you are doing (besides nothing <3)  is just provoking Xix.  This would be passable if you had other actual content, but nope~!  You have literally done nothing but provoke Xix.  I would like some words from you about people, until then you are suspicious.

Oh my Xix!  What makes you so uppity?  You being placed at L-1 for some really weak cases is making me question things.  I mean really.  I would like everyone with a vote on Xix right now to now explain what.  exactly. is so bad about him?  It's like he's the easy case of the day people can drive by and smash on.  His reaction to me reads as flustered townie.  I want everyone on Xix to now look around, and restate clearly all the points about Xix and why he's scum.
##Unvote:

Depore!  Can just get away with the drive by thing on Xix that I talked about and not say anything else.  Really!  Your jump on him without any other words on anyone else make you look bad Depore-chan.  You are also suspicious.

Sage mah dear, Can you clarify this stuff for me please~?  Do you not think Xix is scum?  Or do you just think the wagon formed on him is a bad one with bad reasoning and if he is still scummy to you, why is he scum?  It may just be that you posted without looking at Xix's resonse but these opinions seem outdated now can you update them?

Ohhhh Prophet Mala!  You have a derp read on One.  Is it a townie derp read or scummy derp read?

@Mala: I find your explanation clear enough, but your opinions on me in your returning post look odd. You say that my post made it difficult for you to clarify "what you meant by (your post) without mentioning what role you do or do not have", and yet... you pretty much did just that, disproving your own argument. Also, telling other people to do something helpful is a pretty good way for scum to try to sound subliminally pro-town without actually pushing players directly and getting involved. Yeah, despite unvoting you I'm still not your biggest fan, though I guess this may possibly be biased by my original vote on you.
HMMM?  Empress I do not understand what you are trying to convey here.  Because Ms. Mala clarified things for you, she's bad for it?  Also, make up your mind.  Do you still agree that the ideas you let out here make Mala scummy or not?
##Vote: Empress Iffrita
Your new Depore point does not impress me.  Depore has talked about 1 person, the easy wagon and you are slamming Xix still for doing the same thing?  Ufufufu, what?  There seems to be some hypocracy going on with your thinking, mommy.

Dink: I'll address you Depore in another post~

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2011, 02:48:10 AM »
My children, ease your minds, and let the Chaos fill your souls.

I too have learned that sometimes lurkers are simply not available until a specifc time each day.  With peace of mind I will come to express my true feelings shortly.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2011, 02:52:37 AM »
Detach your filthy fingers from my spine, earthly knave. I will not have my delicate pages soiled by one as bastardly as you.

The Singular One radiates derp, what with the syntax failures, blatant active lurking without any attempt to hide it, and the push of a wagon to L-1 barely 24 hours into the day. While the play is bad, I can't find the vote to be scum-motivated, because it brings inordinate suspicion onto him with little to no gain. He reads more like derptown to me, and I wouldn't support a vote on him today. The Singular One should elaborate on other suspects though, and perhaps even answer the questions of others who have queried him.

I find Xix suspicious, and to answer Miya's query, it is because he's all talk with no substance. Post #73 is practically incomprehensible, and in any case I can't get any opinions from it even after rereading it. Miya, what makes you think Xix is town?
In any case, I disagree with the sentiment that Xix should claim (at least, not until the last 24 hours of the day). Instead, Xix should be getting back here and giving actual opinions on people. Enough with the shotgun attacks. Do you think Moonin is the best vote out of everybody you're mentioned? Right now it looks like you're just picking an easy place to part your vote.

Ah, I see Orwen is holding on to his vote on Mala, but his reasoning is incredibly weak. First half of the first paragraph is irrelevant. As I read it, his case boils down to, ~role speculation~ and this gem:
Furthermore, I don't really like her vote on Demon Navarus, because while she found Navarus's defense of herself suspicious, she doesn't mention Navaris's defense of Depore.
Please point out this defence.
All in all, it's a rather weak case, and I found the rest of post #74 to be rather fluffy. There are points to be made on Mala (which I will touch on in my next post), but Orwen declines to mention any of these points.

I'm also really not liking the wagon on Xix, nor I'm I fond of Mala's.
But aren't you the only person on the Mala wagon?
In any case,
##Unvote
##Vote:Orwen

More in a few hours.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2011, 03:16:03 AM »
Just some quick opinions:
Xix:Bad reasoning with low content. His second last post had a larger amount of content though. Also needs to tone his
aggressiveness down (I'm okay if it's in character).
One: I think One needs to put a whole lot more content in his posts. He should also think his words out a bit more
otherwise they become confusing.
Moonin: Post more!
Book of the Past: Good Scumhunting with good reasoning, content and attention to detail.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »
Miya, I disagree with you that Xix's response to being placed at L-1 looks like a flustered townie. It seems more like something flustered scum would do, because he's throwing out weak points without giving any clear opinions in his post. Still, since you wanted me to re-establish my case on him, I'll go and do so:
  • Not only was Moonin a very easy target at the time Xix jumped on him, but the case itself was actually minimal. Lacking reasons for a early D1 vote of all things doesn't actually make somebody scum, especially considering that a majority of the votes that do have reasons are going to be for around equal worth. Xix's attack was shoddy overall and basically utilized reasoning that
  • The lack of any other opinions from Xix in his first post basically serves to emphasize the first post. There was serious discussion when he posted, and yet he chose to neglect it in favor of attacking an easy target for something that wasn't really a scum tell. This gives town less to snag him on.
  • Even now that Xix has finally returned, his vote is sticking down on Moonin, which looks awful considering that I felt the original vote was somewhat of a park. All of Xix's other opinions have been quick, reporter-y attacks that do little to reveal his priorities or whether or not he would actually accept seeing them hanged today.

None of what Depore has done looks worse than this to me, so I don't see why Xix is expecting me to vote her instead. Back when their content was roughly equal, I was obviously not going to switch to Depore when Xix had yet to respond to my original case on him, and I felt that Depore was the lesser of the two evils as a result of having more meat to her case on Xix than Xix had on his case on Moonin. I could see Depore as scum and would not particularly object to her lynch today, it's just that Xix has the same problems as her to a worse extent. I would much rather him be the one we send to the gallows for now, unless Depore starts looking a lot more horrible after she gives her next post.

As for Mala, no, of course I do not still think my initial reasons for attacking her still make her scummy when she clarified herself. Still, the way she threw out an attack against me despite solving said attack in the same post rubbed me the wrong way, as did the way she threw out activity prods towards the players in general instead of nudging specific players and potentially getting reactions. It seemed to me that she could have just been faking townieness with the latter of these actions, which isn't really a good thing. One slight issue I have with her is the way she jumped on to Xix's wagon, as she expressed suspicion of Xix fairly early but waited until Depore and I had placed our votes their before she did the same. Looks like potential opportunism. Aside from that and the other aforementioned reasons for my negative read on her, I've felt that she seems pro-active enough that I most likely wouldn't lynch her over Xix today as is, but I am still wary of her posts.

Cut by Depore.
Yeah, um, I can't make heads or tails of what you're trying to convey here. I know you think Xix is scum based on where your vote is, but what about One and Moonin? Your post expressed irritation towards them, but I can't tell which of the players you would actually want lynched. I'm assuming that you're not fully familiar with this game.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2011, 03:30:25 AM »
One and Moonin I'm not too sure of at the moment but I'm leaning slightly towards scum.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2011, 03:35:10 AM »
I'm a pissed off zombie who will stop at nothing until I kill Regis Nex. Yes it's character.

Cut by Iffritia so I guess I might as well... Oska, shut the hell up!

Moonin is still my best choice, since he still has yet to speak of anything, despite the fact that he was here when I voted for him. Active lurking, maybe?

Wait, is that Nex's transport? I'll be back, after I kill the bastard!