Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 110475 times)

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 1]
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 04:50:38 AM »
Votecount the Second: Pretty in Pink

Navarus (1): Depore
Yuan (1): Orwen
Just (3): Book of the Past, Mala, Xix
One (1): Yuan
Mala (1): One
Xix (2): Miya, Just
Book of the Past (1): Mikhail

Not Voting: Navarus, Iffrita, Moonin

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
You have about 67 hours until Night 1.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 05:44:09 AM »
##Unvote

##Vote Prophet Mala

I think Mala likes divining her reads a little too much.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 12:32:14 PM »
##Vote: Xix

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 05:59:50 PM »
Yanno, Sage's latest post bugs me a rather lot.

##Vote Sage Orwen

Just wagon does interest me slightly, particularly given there's actually a viable counterwagon with Xix. Granted, this being RVS bullshit doesn't help much, but I can't say I've seen this particular voting pattern often...I haven't the slightest what it means though.

(Also, seriously? Barely two pages in 18 hours?)

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »
Nav-tan should turn his thinking around~ Why isn't Xix-kun the wagon with me as the counterwagon?
I know its hard to notice him with me around but still~☆

What stars have you been reading Mala? If I destroy Chaos then who will serve me? No conspiracies here ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ We can work together if you want to sign my contract~

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 06:48:14 PM »
##Unvote

With the beginning phase over, it is time to search for the information in which shall be used to destroy the enemies of my Love.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 06:52:41 PM »
Ugh...ruined it again
##Unvote

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 08:19:21 PM »
##Vote Prophet Mala

This post strikes me as unnecessarily vague enough that I want to press Mala on it. Is she trying to tell us something she knows, or is she just trying to push a jokevote wagon further? It seems like her post was left this way on purpose, and town has nothing to gain from confusing others. Want to hear a clarification from her.

Even though I desire a post from the prophet too, Sage Orwen's vote on her mystifies me because I can not tell whether he is joking or is genuinely attempting to create an ED1 case. We shouldn't be letting RP get in the way of our clarity, guys.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 08:27:33 PM »
@Iffrita: Your vote is awful. Why do you need to know a damned thing about Mala's statement with her vote for Just? If it's concrete information, there's CLEARLY a reason she's not saying that. If it's not concrete information, as far as I can tell people aren't falling over themselves to vote Just for her.

Why are you rolefishing?

(I also get a bad feeling from your Orwen suspicion, but I'm not going to press that right now since as things stand you are somewhat consistent)

@One: When did we get out of RVS? Has there been an interestingly scummy enough post been made? If so, why aren't you voting? If not, why are you declaring RVS over without putting anything out there except an unvote? To be clear I don't get a scummy vibe from it, just a bad play vibe.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 08:28:42 PM »
Votecount the Third

Navarus (1): Depore
Just (3): Book of the Past, Mala, Xix
One (1): Yuan
Mala (2): One, Orwen, Iffrita
Xix (3): Miya, Just, Moonin
Book of the Past (1): Mikhail
Orwen (1): Navarus

Yuan (0): Orwen

Not Voting: One

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
You have about 51 hours and 30 minutes until Night 1.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »
@One: When did we get out of RVS? Has there been an interestingly scummy enough post been made? If so, why aren't you voting? If not, why are you declaring RVS over without putting anything out there except an unvote? To be clear I don't get a scummy vibe from it, just a bad play vibe.

Its been out of voting stage when you made a post with more a serious intent then what has been going on.

An for the answer for your second question, I declared an unvote due to the fact that I felt RVS will end soon, and i wished to take a neutral stance asap.
There was no real reason other then a nuetral stance.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 09:01:54 PM »
Not sure how I feel about that. Anyway, stuff has happened. RVS is getting to be over. Do you have *any* opinions of anyone at all, or are you going to sit there without a vote and stare at the topic?

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 09:02:50 PM »
@Iffrita: Your vote is awful. Why do you need to know a damned thing about Mala's statement with her vote for Just? If it's concrete information, there's CLEARLY a reason she's not saying that. If it's not concrete information, as far as I can tell people aren't falling over themselves to vote Just for her.

Why are you rolefishing?
It seems like she is being vague in a situation where she has nothing to gain from being vague. Her post was downright redundant with her vote already down and it looked unnatural for her to suddenly push the Just wagon further because of previously unexplained "divine readings". I do not believe that town should ever want to keep people guessing with their posts, and I want Mala to return and elaborate on why she even bothered to make that post.

Fairly difficult to defend against "Why are you rolefishing?" when the intention of my vote was just to get an explanation from her, but for the sake of giving you something to chew on, I'll point out the following: If Mala has some sort of precognitions telling her Just is scum, then sharing them openly would actually benefit us a lot more than it would benefit scum, considering that she has no real need to say anything else about her role. Assuming Mala does have role information about Just, then she was obviously not being shy about it if she was indeed "trying to tell us something", meaning that any role information coming into play would most likely not be something she is trying to keep from scum. Because of this, I felt there was no real harm in tossing the possibility of her having role information around after it came to mind, but I suppose that mentioning the roles of other players in general comes off as taboo to some people.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 09:09:07 PM »
There are many forms of information. I highly doubt that Mala would have been directly told Just is scum. If it's role related, it's soft enough so that claiming would likely be detrimental, but she'd have to make that call.

As I said, I can think of town intent behind being vague. I actually see very little scum intent since it's unnecessarily drawing attention to her when she could easily have coasted her random vote on Just (which took place *before* her claim of divine insight). Exhorting the wagon the way she did makes little sense as scum.

In the end I think Mala needs to make the call whether elaboration is necessary, and stick to it.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 09:15:44 PM »
Exhorting the wagon the way she did makes little sense as scum.
I can't say I entirely agree with this. My initial hypothesis was that she could have potentially been trying to goad players into wagon jumping so that scum would have easy targets to jump on, but seeing as nobody actually listened to her, it's difficult to tell.

I do concur that it is probably best to wait for her to return.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 10:31:14 PM »
My divining abilities wouldn't let me find scum that early in the game. I was simply using that to see if I could get any reactions out of people.
Speaking of reactions I do have to agree with Demon Navarus. You claim that you weren't rolefishing but I see no possible way for me to clarify what I meant by that without mentioning what role I do or do not have.

@One: You've unvoted and claimed that the RVS is over. Who do you find suspicious?
@Everyone else: Talking is good and pro-town so you should totally do it too.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 10:34:17 PM »
Another thing I find weird: Demon Navarus seems somewhat overdedicated in defending me. Why is that?

##Unvote
##Vote Demon Navarus

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 10:38:13 PM »
Cuz you're probably town. If you don't like you can vo...oh wait.

So then, is Iffrita still town despite the rolefishing?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Moonin

Do I have to rip your mouth off your face or are you going to use it? Even a half assed garbage reason for a vote would be better.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »
@One: You've unvoted and claimed that the RVS is over. Who do you find suspicious?

If your going by suspicious, then pretty much everyone is suspicious at the moment.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2011, 10:45:46 PM »
Now, Now, No need to be so rude.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2011, 10:47:38 PM »
@Demon Navarus: I have some suspicions but I think that your random defence of me is worse at this point. We'll see as the day progresses.
@One: You've stated that you wish to take a neutral stance. Do you know who else likes to take neutral stances? Scum. Because neutral stances give them flexibility with which wagon you want to be on. Opinions. Everyone is suspicious. Who is the most suspicious to you right now?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2011, 10:53:17 PM »
@One: Why are they suspicious?

@Mala: It's not a random defense of you. I defend my town reads. As I said, if you don't like it, you can vote me for it. You've chosen to do so. Not much I can say about that. And yes, I get town reads quickly. You're pretty much proving me right thus far.

@Moonin: Is that really all you have to contribute? More stuff has happened. Who's scum?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
EBWOP: Not to mention I also rather disliked the methods being used against you.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 11:15:18 PM »
@Xix: For somebody that wants to poke somebody for not contributing much to the topic so far you're doing very little yourself. All you have is your confirmation, a random vote, and a prod on Moonin for not adding anything to the topic.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2011, 11:19:56 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Xix
Wow, you pretty much just waltzed in on a serious discussion, voted one of the easiest targets, and left! Moonin's vote may essentially be nothing, but it's still equal in contribution to several other votes that were being made at the time, and the lack of words just makes it a target for people who don't want to actually analyze posts. Where are your other opinions, and why did you not reveal them in the first chance you got? If your post had been made before Mala had returned I could possibly understand, but as it stands you have no real excuse.

@Mala: I find your explanation clear enough, but your opinions on me in your returning post look odd. You say that my post made it difficult for you to clarify "what you meant by (your post) without mentioning what role you do or do not have", and yet... you pretty much did just that, disproving your own argument. Also, telling other people to do something helpful is a pretty good way for scum to try to sound subliminally pro-town without actually pushing players directly and getting involved. Yeah, despite unvoting you I'm still not your biggest fan, though I guess this may possibly be biased by my original vote on you.

@Mala #51: What do you think about Xix? Scum on D1 would much rather be pushing players they can get lynched early than remaining completely neutral and drawing suspicion for doing nothing, and the only real major between the content One and Xix have produced is Xix's vote on an easy wagon. HERP got cut by Mala addressing Xix, but my case on Xix is still a little different so yeah I want a reply. This opens up a new question for Mala, how would she prioritize Xix in comparision to Navarus?

@Navarus: does Mala's vote on you affect your read on her? I parsed your #52 as you saying you are becoming more sure of your town read on her. Would be nice to know where you're coming from at this point, since I've been reading you as town but have been finding Mala's content to be somewhat lackluster.

@Moonin: Post more please, I want to be able to develop a proper read on you. Bonus points if it's worthy content.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2011, 11:24:03 PM »
She's asking good questions. I have more reasons beyond that for my town read that I'd prefer to keep quiet. It's not role related stuff, before you go off on that tangent. Her vote on me is fairly inconsequential.

I gotta say I'm liking the Xix case, but I want Orwen to post before I throw myself at it.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
@One: You've stated that you wish to take a neutral stance. Do you know who else likes to take neutral stances? Scum. Because neutral stances give them flexibility with which wagon you want to be on. Opinions. Everyone is suspicious. Who is the most suspicious to you right now?

While that may be true, there are also people who just passively like defending...which could also be misunderstood as masochist by some people...since they do not believe they have the skills to assault someone.

The most suspicious would really...well I don't have any solid reasons but I would find Moonin and Xix and well...people with no posts that may apply to the discussion in either a positive or negative manner.

@One: Why are they suspicious?

Information is ...vital... which means people who post the least have the highest or lowest chances of avoiding fire by others. Less posts mean less information on them, which leads to less of a idea on what their alignment is, which also leads to a suspicious conclusion.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2011, 12:06:15 AM »
Nav-tan did something interesting just now~☆
There are many forms of information. I highly doubt that Mala would have been directly told Just is scum. If it's role related, it's soft enough so that claiming would likely be detrimental, but she'd have to make that call.

As I said, I can think of town intent behind being vague. I actually see very little scum intent since it's unnecessarily drawing attention to her when she could easily have coasted her random vote on Just (which took place *before* her claim of divine insight). Exhorting the wagon the way she did makes little sense as scum.

In the end I think Mala needs to make the call whether elaboration is necessary, and stick to it.
You realize you accused Iffri-chan of rolefishing then encouraged Mala to answer the fishing? I know she's got nothing cause I ain't scum, man! ┐('~`;)┌ 
You could have just asked me~☆
You shouldn't have done this and I pontificate that you are experienced enough to have known better. Don't be suspicious Nav-tan~☆

The most suspicious would really...well I don't have any solid reasons but I would find Moonin and Xix and well...people with no posts that may apply to the discussion in either a positive or negative manner.
People with no posts that may apply to the discussion in either a positive or negative manner. I.E. Neutral. I.E. you? I cannot argue with your superior logic. Could you tell us who your buddies are so the next day is this easy~☆

##Unvote
##Vote: One

Xix-kun is trying to sound manly again ooh~☆

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2011, 12:07:47 AM »
Just, you know I already said I was UK, right? Secondly, I never encouraged Mala to elaborate. I said she should make her own call on it. I'd kindly appreciate you not misrepping me.