Author Topic: Touhou 12-14 Gameplay-Altering Patches  (Read 44029 times)

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
Re: Touhou 12-14 Gameplay-Altering Patches
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 07:35:54 AM »
Didn't you say on another site you wouldn't autobomb MoF or SA because that would trivialize the two games?
Yeah, quite some time ago. Things have changed quite a bit since then. I'm guessing if you were around for the original patches on said site you'd also be aware of that though.

You really want to trivialize the games beyond reason? You clearly haven't given Supernatural Influence a try, have you? ;) *coughneverloselivescough*

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2013, 06:13:03 AM »
[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:07:06 PM by MasterProX »

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2013, 07:55:11 AM »
Uh, Ethan?  I think I found a bug with your DDC autobomb patch... the option to play Lunatic is still there, but it plays on Easy. I was even able to 1cc "Lunatic" with four extra lives. Because Lunatic is now easy.  :V
Hmm. I haven't been able to replicate this in either the 1.00a or 1.00b patches. It just plays lunatic, same as it usually would. Are you sure you applied the patch on an unaltered version of the game? The patcher will only complain if the part it intends to patch (in this case, the deathbomb keyboard check) is different; it won't say anything if other patches have been applied elsewhere. Ensure your original exe plays fine and reapply the patch - it should run just fine if the original does.

Has anyone else experienced this? There's literally no way the changes made can even come close to affecting the difficulty selection, though I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the patcher itself may have had a hiccup of some kind.

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2013, 04:10:25 AM »
[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:07:19 PM by MasterProX »

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 03:59:53 AM »
I knew I should've reworded what I said to make it easier to understand where I was going with this... it was a joke. Derp.
My bad. I was wondering, but I didn't want to pass off what could have been a serious issue as some kind of joke. :P

EDIT: I just tried the boos rush patch for DDC and started Story Mode... after Cirno, I went right to Sekibanki. No Wakasagihime... wat.
This is already mentioned on the patch's info page... This relates to how the game stores the info for stages, bosses, and spellcards. Technically, Cirno is considered a boss as far as all this goes and the game's behavior in spellcard practice mode is to stop after the current boss is defeated. So no Hime-chan - she's gone back to passively gathering shiny pebbles and stuff. :(

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 04:33:33 AM »
By the way, does GFW have the "secret" boss rush feature as well? I've been wanting to fight Marisa for a while, but the stage portion is a huge turn-off (PCB stage 4 * 10) and I don't feel like learning it. :(

oh shit ignore this. I didn't read the previous posts.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:35:21 AM by Wriggle »

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 04:56:39 AM »
By the way, does GFW have the "secret" boss rush feature as well? I've been wanting to fight Marisa for a while, but the stage portion is a huge turn-off (PCB stage 4 * 10) and I don't feel like learning it. :(
Unfortunately the boss-rush feature only exists in games that have a spell practice mode of some kind. I haven't looked into IN, but there could be one for that game (or rather, a way of stringing all spellcards together). The other games though, I'm not sure if it'd be possible without just modifying the stage scripts to only contain the bosses. I suppose there's a counter of some kind used to track the player's progress through a stage - maybe some way of initializing it to the value it takes when the boss shows up would work.

Hmm... Maybe I'll look into this a little later on. I've been low on inspiration for something assembly-related to work on lately.

And yeah. Maybe I'm just not all that good with GFW but this is the only extra stage I haven't beaten or almost beaten yet. :P I'm usually too worn down by the stage itself to get much practice in against Marisa, if I even reach her in the first place...

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2013, 08:57:01 PM »
Sorry for the bump... I was playing the Ten Desires bossrush in Hard-mode and found a bug:
In the first stage I died just before Yuyuko's last spell broke and went into the trance. Trance however didn't end after the stage but lasted till the end of the game.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 02:03:43 AM »
Sorry for the bump... I was playing the Ten Desires bossrush in Hard-mode and found a bug:
In the first stage I died just before Yuyuko's last spell broke and went into the trance. Trance however didn't end after the stage but lasted till the end of the game.

I got that bug too. You just need to restart the game application to fix it.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2014, 07:39:20 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l60f0n3uqygvrii/th14-extend-r2.zip

A DDC extend patch which makes it so that the player will require an extra 2 fragments after gaining an extend. This makes bombing for extra lives less useful and encourages more reliance on survival.
Discovered the addresses through Cheat Engine, modified the executable with a hex editor and patched using xdelta3. Instructions are included in the zip.

Edit: Added r2, featuring doubled item collection bonuses to make up for less overall resources
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:31:19 AM by Emerald »

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 10:48:42 AM »
hello,Ethan Silver

your TH14 BOSSRUSH PATCH
story mode and practice mode only attack BENBEN(4A)
can you solve the problem?

or give me cheat codes?
after the reference, I can own search

thank you!!

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2014, 01:19:49 AM »
Sorry for bump, but the site is down.

I liked those auto bomb patches...  :qq:
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2014, 08:04:36 PM »
Sorry for bump, but the site is down.

I liked those auto bomb patches...  :qq:

I have all of the patches but as I do not have permission to post them, I will refrain from doing so.

Note that EthanSilver has been gone for quite a long time.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
His site is still available on Archive.org, though. Even if the patches aren't available for download (didn't test them all), they just alter a few bytes in the games and he even show the addresses, you could do it yourself with some free hex editor. It's not like he reprogrammed the game or something.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2014, 02:33:29 PM »
Thanks for the link

EDIT: some things don't work.... I liked those patches....  :qq:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:43:41 AM by bigyihsuan »

Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter