Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order: 3rd Anniversary  (Read 143578 times)

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: Fate/Grand Order 2.0: New Year, New Chaldea | Mist City
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2018, 05:21:24 AM »
Spent 120 quartz and got Hokusai!
Feelsgoodman
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2018, 10:36:07 AM »
Update: It took me the 21 of the free tickets from quests and mana prisms, and the free login quartz today, but I got Hokusai. Worth it.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2018, 04:06:53 AM »
Thought I would check this out after people were talking about it so much? Currently clearing Orleans. Is there anything important that isn't obvious? Particular recently stuff that wouldn't be in any guide.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2018, 06:03:57 AM »
Welp, I figured I'd bite the bullet and try for Karna while I had six tickets and enough quartz for one ten-pull. Didn't get anything notable from the summon tickets, but I managed to land SAlter from the pull, so that was a nice surprise.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2018, 08:56:43 AM »
Thought I would check this out after people were talking about it so much? Currently clearing Orleans. Is there anything important that isn't obvious? Particular recently stuff that wouldn't be in any guide.

Prepare for an upcoming event (Saber Wars) soon, since it's a convenient source for materials. Generally, most servants are viable one way or another, so save quartz/tickets and roll during rate ups for those you like. The reddit is a great source for tips/translations.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2018, 07:41:41 AM »
I just made my first 10-roll for Saber Wars.

Fucking three five-star CEs; a second Limited/Zero Over, and two of The Crimson Land of Shadows. Plus Mikotto and an i Element.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:54:04 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2018, 07:43:58 AM »
I just made my first 10-roll for Saber Wars.

Fucking three five-star CEs; a second Limited/Zero Over, and two of The Crimson Land of Shadows. Plus Mikon and an i Element.

Welcome to CEGO! Took me 3 10-roll, but I got my MHX.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2018, 07:55:40 AM »
> Does 4 10-rolls
> Gets MHX but no Umu
What even :V

EDIT: Did another 10-roll, still no luck on Tange-Saber.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:37:04 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2018, 08:00:42 AM »
Is it worth going for the Purely Bloom Essences? Or should I just spend points on the material?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2018, 08:23:59 AM »
They indeed are. In fact, you should buy those first. They will improve your damage and it's crucial in this event.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »
Managed a 10-pull last night and now have one copy of each craft essence that helps in the event, so that's pretty nice. Also managed  to get Paracelsus, but eh.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2018, 12:15:47 AM »
They indeed are. In fact, you should buy those first. They will improve your damage and it's crucial in this event.

Alright, thanks. I don't know if I my team cost allows me to fit in all these essences though. I'm already only using 4 members, and I'm already at 52 out of my 54 cost. Also, leveling up units is kind of annoying in this game. I got a nice stream of 4* level up stuff in the beginning, but that was it.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2018, 08:30:11 AM »
Yeah, Sabers are all at least 3*, so you expend a lot of cost on them. Even at 105 cost, I still can't fit everything I like into my formation because I have four gold Sabers and Caesar.

I should probably get to max breaking Purely Bloom so I can start sticking the Ulster CEs back on to the rest of my Sabers. And to make Altera hit for even more terrible, terrible damage than she's already doing.

re: leveling up - that's why you take the downtime after events to spam the Ember Gathering daily missions. The 40 AP ones give you at least eight gold XPs between the two classes that day and Berserker. Also you just got eighteen gold XPs from the special daily rewards - did you burn those all already?

Also also the hard part isn't leveling them up - it's ascending them. For example, Altera needs a crapton of Claws of Chaos and Meteorite Horseshoes to ascend. That means I have to fight Chimeras and Centaurs, and pray that RNJesus procs the minuscule drop rate.

Also also also unrelated, but one of my friends really loves Mata Hari as their waifu, given they've brought her all the way up to level 90.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 08:45:01 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2018, 08:58:22 AM »
Yeah, Sabers are all at least 3*, so you expend a lot of cost on them. Even at 105 cost, I still can't fit everything I like into my formation because I have four gold Sabers and Caesar.

I should probably get to max breaking Purely Bloom so I can start sticking the Ulster CEs back on to the rest of my Sabers. And to make Altera hit for even more terrible, terrible damage than she's already doing.

re: leveling up - that's why you take the downtime after events to spam the Ember Gathering daily missions. The 40 AP ones give you at least eight gold XPs between the two classes that day and Berserker. Also you just got eighteen gold XPs from the special daily rewards - did you burn those all already?

Also also the hard part isn't leveling them up - it's ascending them. For example, Altera needs a crapton of Claws of Chaos and Meteorite Horseshoes to ascend. That means I have to fight Chimeras and Centaurs, and pray that RNJesus procs the minuscule drop rate.

Also also also unrelated, but one of my friends really loves Mata Hari as their waifu, given they've brought her all the way up to level 90.

My team is Mysterious Hero X+Crimson Land /w, Saber Lily/w Mikoto Bride Training, and Mash/w Truesho, and that's my entire team cost. I can't remember if I burned all the level up stuff. I know I burned a lot of them on Carmilla back when she was my best unit.

One more thing, how important is rarity in this game? How much of a handicap is using a low rarity unit like say Kiyohime over a 5*. It looks like the only way to decrease the gap is with a grail, but how effective is that?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2018, 11:25:46 AM »
It all depends on the servant.

Rarity might trick you, but there are actually plenty of low rarity servants (much like Kojiro and Hans) who are just incredible. One great example for this is Robin Hood. Even if he's a 3*, he can do some good destruction if used correctly. His NP + poisoned enemy + any attack buffs other servants can give him. It helps a lot.

Of course, the thing with low rarity servants, since they aren't that resistant or strong, strategy must be used so they can be useful. (See Robin Hood's case above. If the enemy attacked with his NP isn't poisoned, it doesn't do that much damage.)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

Re: F/GO 2.018: New Year...Chaldea? | Saber Wars: May the Prana be with you
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2018, 03:14:27 AM »
There are a ton of good-to-great 3*s in all classes that have some. To wit:

Saber: Caesar (excellent stargen with Crocea Mors; Incite and Charisma can make whoever you make crit crit a hell of a lot harder)
Archer: tons, but David (1-hit Evade for the entire party - blocks any AoE NP and is still damned useful against single-targets; also his NP gives Sure Hit to himself for the turn) and Euryale (basically the 5* Orion but cheaper and better in nearly every way)
Lancer: Cu, natch (Divine Protection from Arrows and Battle Continuation can mean a solo Cu can last for a good long while, and Gae Bolg is no slouch in damage, even for a Quick NP)
Rider: Yoshitsune (aka Ushiwakamaru; party NP and attack buffs!)
Caster: Hans (there's a reason why people tell you to run him if you don't have Waver, Tamamo, or Merlin; and that reason is buffs out the wazoo with his NP)
Assassin: Cursed Arm Hassan (reasonably good stargen, instant-kill NP with higher chance than Jing Ke's)
Berserker: Lu Bu (if you can get off his NP, it's one of the strongest around right now)
Shielder: Mash, obviously (taunt, invincibility, and damage cut make her - even as she is right now without her true NP - a defensive powerhouse)

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2018, 02:18:11 AM »
On JP side, I scrounged up enough SQ to get Jalter. Yay~

« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2018, 12:35:39 PM »
Used up all my remaining tickets and quartz to try to get another MHX, didn't get anything of value. :(

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2018, 06:51:45 AM »
Hope everyone's enjoying farm events on both servers.
Setsubun event for JP, new event type.
Rule set:
A Servant that has been used cannot be used again for a certain time.
No Support.
All 6 slots will be your own Servants, with no increase in Cost limit.

Break out the poverty servants and Mashu.
Also survey for 3 tix, http://news.fate-go.jp/2018/questionnaire_3rd/
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2018, 08:04:05 AM »
Hope everyone's enjoying farm events on both servers.
Setsubun event for JP, new event type.
Rule set:
A Servant that has been used cannot be used again for a certain time.
No Support.
All 6 slots will be your own Servants, with no increase in Cost limit.

Break out the poverty servants and Mashu.
Also survey for 3 tix, http://news.fate-go.jp/2018/questionnaire_3rd/

I'm already spamming Mash though :(

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2018, 07:53:30 AM »
So Bryn's banner is coming soon on NA, and while I don't really want her in particular, I'm kinda tempted to roll for her just to see if I do somehow have Innate Catalyst (Mamiko Noto). :V

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »
So Bryn's banner is coming soon on NA, and while I don't really want her in particular, I'm kinda tempted to roll for her just to see if I do somehow have Innate Catalyst (Mamiko Noto). :V
I just hope that I can finally nab her so that I can finally break my curse of three-star lancers.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2018, 04:33:22 AM »
Even though Cu's a beast, it's always nice to get gold Lancers whose name isn't Elizabeth. It helps, too, that we're due a few tickets and a bunch of quartz by the time her banner comes up.

Better hope your catalyst doesn't catch Altera instead.  :V

I spent two Command Seals to strike down Alta Vader; were you guys badass enough to not need them?

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2018, 05:24:41 AM »
I spent two Command Seals to strike down Alta Vader; were you guys badass enough to not need them?

Yes, having 4 gold saber at level 80+ helps alot, MHX just melt by normal attack from Vader though. :V

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2018, 05:36:07 AM »
Nope. Same here, except I used three due to a party wipe. ;>;

That said, I didn't get all the rewards from the list, but I  got everything I wanted, so this was a successful event for me.

You can never have too many Phoenix Feathers apparently.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:47:33 PM by Kasu »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2018, 06:29:50 AM »
Altera + MLB Purely Bloom + 2x MLB Star of Artoria = One rekt Alt Vader :V

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2018, 07:13:48 AM »
I only needed one command seal to kill alt Vader, and I'm not sure I needed it. Okita is amazing. I like how easy it is to get carried by fiends in this game.

EDIT: Also, who's a good rider? My choices are Alex, Medusa, Boudica,and Blackbeard.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:56:41 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2018, 01:06:41 AM »
EDIT: Also, who's a good rider? My choices are Alex, Medusa, Boudica,and Blackbeard.

If you didn't get Santa Alter, do you have Ushiwakamaru?  She's great.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2018, 04:36:57 AM »
...I'm already missing Altera obliterating stuff with six-digit damage.

Crushing the Valkyrie will have to do.

Move eternally forward,

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2018, 07:19:53 AM »
If you didn't get Santa Alter, do you have Ushiwakamaru?  She's great.

Those are all the riders I have, period.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff