Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!  (Read 467128 times)

Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 10:23:20 AM »
Oh, this is fun. I just managed to use one of Ichirin's Spell Cards, which was called something along the lines of 'unoverlookable cloud'
Which spawned this huge mist that I think increased my damage or something. Either way, when I won Ichirin put that hat from the icon on Unzan.
I still have no idea what it is, but it looks Mexican.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »
Quote from: Sungho
Marisa's Full-Speed Dash B attack should be made into a gif or something.

Here you go.  :V

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:45:13 AM by Drizzly Magician »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 11:43:14 AM »
Also just a quick tidbit: Declaring a spellcard freezes the timer.

Double Declaring also resets the time you have to actually use the spellcard.

So if you have like 5 secs on the clock left and you're losing due to approval, you can just declare and try to get your approval then.

If that's not enough, double declarations.

This is also something for people to keep in mind if they're winning by approval but want to declare for whatever reason.

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 11:50:20 AM »
- people still need to stop assuming that people in the stages' background are certainly not going to become playable later.
- Nuns in fighting games aren't.. *that* uncommon (MB, AH)
- @ Ruro: Mima preceded fairies overall. She even preceded the Touhou shmups. :V
- if Mima is in the game, I'd like her to have the Black Heart-inspired (from Garegga, not MvsC1 or
Spoiler:
when's
Marvel) vulcan sweep she had in SoEW :D
- even if Mima's not going to be playable, "just" being a boss would be enough (for now).. as long as she has EXAMU boss syndrome*

*wastes 15+ continues on Arcana Heart 3's Score Attack mode, on the last boss only*
*wastes 15+ continues on Aquapazza's Story mode (lvl 8), on the last boss only*
*wastes 20+ continues on AP's Another Story mode (lvl 8), on the last boss only*
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2012, 02:09:12 PM »
I don't understand all this focus on combos and bnbs and all that nonsense.

Whatever happened to spacing being the most important part of a fighting game?
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »
better combos lead to better spacing which leads to better play in general. A stun combo from anywhere in the screen means your opponent has to be careful no matter where they are, or else they get wrecked, which leads to different spacing. Even if your spacing is good you can't ignore combos, simply because someone who can't finish their plate will get screwed over pretty bad.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 06:51:51 PM »
I don't understand all this focus on combos and bnbs and all that nonsense.

Whatever happened to spacing being the most important part of a fighting game?
it's easier to talk about combos than spacing

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 06:59:25 PM »
Ichirin has trouble threatening the space in right in front of her because of how laggy her moves are. Marisa has no issues with just threatening everything in front of her because of laser sniping and the ridiculous hitbox on her 8b, 5b, and 2b, not to mention broomslash and potions. Throwing out a bullet move near her is also a bad idea because broomride special eats projectiles. Reimu can't really be caught, but in comparison she also doesn't have a whole lot of tools to help her stay in imo. Could be wrong about Reimu, I haven't tested many of her options yet.
Sugoiiii~

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf6JuXCUvEI&feature=youtu.be

Like Third Strike, it's possible to continue to damage an enemy even after you've hit the 100% limit bar for a VERY short amount of time. Example above is with Marisa's x bullets into a broomslash for a considerable +50% total damage, with the same end result. Broomride special suffices when the enemy is a little farther, and 6potion toss works for anything further than that.
Sugoiiii~

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »
I've been updating wiki.rei.mu with combos for Ichirin.

So far I came up with 5AAA 8A 4C 3 5B 2C (4C in corner), 2.7K, 100% Stun
I remember they did the exact same combo in the livestream, except it was 2A instead of 8A, so it was down instead of up.

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »
So played it quite a bit, and despite a few glitches here and there in the demo, this game is awesome.

Far better than previous fighting games in my opinion, attacks have impact, and Touhous explode when they lose just like the games and it's always so satisfying to seem, and there is actually a timer.

It also looks really good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:56:08 PM by Sanger Zonvolt »

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »
I just realized... Murasa is a spectator.
My hopes and dreams are crushed.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2012, 09:13:25 PM »
- people still need to stop assuming that people in the stages' background are certainly not going to become playable later.

Honestly it's a safe assumption when you look at who's NOT in the backgrounds, i.e. Shou and Byakuren not in the UFO stage, thus likely playable.

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »
Yea. It's certainly not guaranteed, but so far all the characters that have appeared in the backgrounds are ones that I really didn't expect to be playable in the game in the first place anyways (or, in Nue and Murasa's case, were ones that, while possible, I didn't really mark as particularly probable).  Considering that the game has an all-new engine and all-new sprites, it's a pretty safe assumption that the first game in this "series" will have a limited character roster, and thus one likely restricted to the characters relevant to its stated storyline premise. And we already have an intro which seems to be a decently safe assumption as well as to what characters will probably be in, and so far it and the "background assumption" seem to work hand in hand with each other.

With the characters in the intro being very probable and Ichirin confirmed to be in, the odds of Murasa, Nazrin, or Nue being playable in a game that will likely have a limited roster would have been low even if they weren't shown in a background, I think.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:24:34 PM by Tiamat »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2012, 09:24:07 PM »
So i herd u liek combo vidz

(I was bored so I made a quick one :V)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
Yea. It's certainly not guaranteed, but so far all the characters that have appeared in the backgrounds are ones that I really didn't expect to be playable in the game in the first place anyways (or, in Nue and Murasa's case, were ones that, while possible, I didn't really mark as particularly probable).  Considering that the game has an all-new engine and all-new sprites, it's a pretty safe assumption that the first game in this "series" will have a limited character roster, and thus one likely restricted to the characters relevant to its stated storyline premise. And we already have an intro which seems to be a decently safe assumption as well as to what characters will probably be in, and so far it and the "background assumption" seem to work hand in hand with each other.

And that's a whole lotta assumptionating!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 10:42:06 PM »
Welp, after getting over my depression about being really bad at fighting games (why cpu why.) I moved on, and decided I really like the new mechanics, the floatyness made it feel a lot more like a Touhou game to me then the other games did.
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2012, 11:21:14 PM »
Day 1 combo videos are great, but they're not my thing. I did, however, take it upon myself to answer a... similar, question:
"What is the easiest, shortest combo possible that guarantees a stun?"

As it so turns out, my answer to that question is a 3-button combo that starts off of a poke, works almost anywhere and combos into Master Spark. Details/notation in the video description. If you're completely
Spoiler:
hopeless
and don't know how to combo, this is... a mediocre yet passable place to start.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:28:07 PM by Tengukami »

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2013, 12:52:22 AM »
Good find. Gonna have to steal that, though the spirit cost is sorta disconcerting.
edit: nevermind, not really a pain to have that much spirit. Addendum: if you're anywhere near 50% and Marisa confirms a combo on you with blue bar, gg.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:07:41 AM by Kanzaki.RAmrako »
Sugoiiii~

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2013, 01:54:30 AM »
How do you fire off the "last word" attacks?  I'm stumped. :S

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2013, 02:14:21 AM »
You have to be at 100% approval, then input whatever you set your last word to. For Marisa and Reimu, it's default to 8x+c, or up+both bullets. Ichirin's is 6x+c by default, or forward+both bullets
Sugoiiii~

B?t V?n Tử

• 天下第一妖怪 - Thi?n Hạ Đệ Nhất Y?u Qu?i
  • 謀事在人, 成事在天 - Mưu sự tại nh?n, th?nh sự tại thi?n
    • [LAME] - Final project in my HTML class - shamelessly stole from touhou wiki
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2013, 02:32:37 AM »
First, get a Last Words spell in your special attacks by going to Profile (the LW spell would have a red outline, usually the last on in the spell card list)
Second, while playing get the approval to 100%, it would be easy to raise it up by doing a lot of punishes, or counter hits.
Third, when your approval is 100%, declare it like any other spell card, you should have a golden glow aura.
Reimu's LW is a counter skill, so you have to time it precisely.

Btw, about what people think Unzan's hat, I didn't go through this thread discussion but I assumed nobody had clarified on this. It is apparently not a hat but an wood instrument used in religious rituals (Buddhism or Taoism).
It is called ... er ... "Wooden Fish", a little weird I guess. The name is related to a story in Buddhism. Sorry if this was brought up during the discussion.

Dweller

• Just passing by
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2013, 03:05:13 AM »
Good to see that Unzan is a playable character (with Ichirin as his hitbox again) (yes I'm joking)

Reimu's LW needs to be used when the enemy uses a melee skill (like Sakuya's perfect maid in the previous fighter games)
Marisas' LW needs to connect with its kick
Ichirin just does what Ichirin does best and lets Unzan do the heavy hitting  (her LW just summons Unzan. Unzan does most of the fighting anyway  :3 )

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2013, 07:27:05 AM »
Nice to see that her Dash B attack is her Flying Doombutt attack.  I wonder if she's wearing her bulletproof bloomers...

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2013, 09:11:32 AM »
You can apparently glitch yourself into freezing the game if you finish someone into exploding (I'm guessing kill'em with a special move or something) -just- as the clock hits zero. Did it entirely by accident to Reimu with Ichirin's grab attack and I've been stuck ever since. :V

Well, stuck until I restarted anyway.

That said, I know who I'm maining when the full game comes out~
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2013, 10:19:25 AM »
You can apparently glitch yourself into freezing the game if you finish someone into exploding (I'm guessing kill'em with a special move or something) -just- as the clock hits zero. Did it entirely by accident to Reimu with Ichirin's grab attack and I've been stuck ever since. :V

Well, stuck until I restarted anyway.

That said, I know who I'm maining when the full game comes out~

They always explode if you win with a KO in the final round.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2013, 11:06:51 AM »
Anyone know when we will get more news or a new demo after this?

Thanks in advance!

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 02:13:55 PM »
Eh, I haven't noticed Kyouko anywhere (or even mentioned, for that matter...)
Perhaps she'll be playable?

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2013, 02:36:25 PM »
Not in the background =/= playable.

Pepperized

• Youmunerd
  • I'm not very good at danmaku.
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »
Maybe these spectators are only in the demo. But that's just wishful thinking.

:colonveeplusalpha: I just wanted my alien girl.
Moedan Card Combinations
"If you cannot do any better than this replay during a serious run, I feel sorry for you." - Drake

;~;