Author Topic: In the middle of a nice Facebook Project  (Read 3388 times)

ShouAmaterasu

• Gengetsu's Disciple
In the middle of a nice Facebook Project
« on: July 05, 2011, 04:32:55 AM »
I am starting what I call "The Touhou Fan Club" on a Face Book group (currently still finishing, I'll update when things are finished). Now  I know that there is a Touhou page already, but my intent for my page is to post one of each character in chronological order (with some exceptions for characters more related, like say Chen, Ran, and Yukari being put together). Also because I'm not 100% sure of when the written materials came out (I'm just lazy like that), I just went ahead and put characters debuting in the books at the very bottom and will continue posting anything new from there (I even included characters only mentioned and the "one scene wonders", AND ZUN HIMSELF IS A CHARACTER! Seriously, if he decides to end Touhou for good at some point, he should put himself as the final extra stage boss). Along with characters will be youtube links and other sites if necessary that show that character's official themes in the order in which they debuted. After that I have a special category for what I call "notable fan arranges/videos" for music by other artists made based off of the official soundtracks or videos that feature the character at the best (or worse if hilarious enough). Also in this club I have a special album for "Rule (9)" for images of other series crossing with Touhou for the enjoyment of others n_n.

This Face Book  group may not be the impressive colossus like the official page, but it is for those who don't want to surf through the constant numbers of fan arts to view one character and is meant to help people learn more about said characters (though my info inputs aren't exactly top notch, the main thing is the music)
What is the real meaning of life? Such a fragile and weak thing it is. The answer is whatever you make it out to be. If you're a mad man then go around and do what you do best because in the end it's all about you... That's right, destruction is your desire, you live to kill, to reap away everything else that isn't important to you!

ShouAmaterasu

• Gengetsu's Disciple
Re: In the middle of a nice Facebook Project
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:35:11 AM »
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_144141275661921&view=photos

I'm finished with character photos and official tracks associated with the characters, anything else that is added will be through progress of time. Also have a fun look at what I have added for rule (9).

Also there will be another picture gallery for the just plain old weirdness that Touhou can be, Moria Totem Pole and all.
What is the real meaning of life? Such a fragile and weak thing it is. The answer is whatever you make it out to be. If you're a mad man then go around and do what you do best because in the end it's all about you... That's right, destruction is your desire, you live to kill, to reap away everything else that isn't important to you!

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 02:19:29 AM »
I've sent a request to join the group. I look forward to see what you put on there in the future. :)

a_certain_kappa

• Science and Technology :3
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 04:58:58 AM »
I thought people here don't have Facebook

ShouAmaterasu

• Gengetsu's Disciple
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 05:17:39 AM »
I thought people here don't have Facebook
How did that come about?

a_certain_kappa

• Science and Technology :3
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 05:22:37 AM »
How did that come about?
Well, I don't know.
Since nobody talks about facebook that much here.
I don't have a facebook account btw.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 06:51:35 PM »
Why talk about Facebook on what's already a social site? There's really no point to it. (unless ZUN has a Facebook)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 08:07:36 PM »
Why talk about Facebook on what's already a social site?

Uh, what?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ShouAmaterasu

• Gengetsu's Disciple
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »
Why talk about Facebook on what's already a social site? There's really no point to it. (unless ZUN has a Facebook)

Even though this is a social sight with many, possibly all members being Touhou fans, this site is mainly obscure to those who don't know much on Touhou. Even for those who visit this site regularly, the forum's set up can be a little troublesome when searching for specifics (I can't use the search bar for some reason). I made this group on facebook for anyone, Touhou fan or someone who wants to know what it is, to be able to view. I have finished the character gallery, in which characters are chronologically ordered based on debut, aside from the characters first appearing in written works such as Eastern Little Nature Deity and Silent Sinner in Blue. Just overlook the problem that the Ten Desires characters from stages 1-3 and stages 4-extra (phantasm?) will be separated by characters debuting in the written material. As for the characters themselves, each photo has a small description (I was a little hasty on them, so please don't glare at them too much n_n;), and the game they debuted in. Under that is the "Music" in which a character's official stage and boss themes are listed with links that lead to whatever site (mostly youtube) has the song. Under the official music is the section for fan arranges/videos for which links are also given for easy access. I also have a photo album for Rule (9) and the just plain weird/cute things that just happen (these albums are mostly for the humor, any art that is just art will be in another album).

All in all, the main goal is simplicity and availability to those new or veteran to the games/fandom alike.