Author Topic: Team Fortress 4  (Read 105244 times)

Re: Team Fortress 4
« Reply #990 on: August 17, 2010, 01:07:27 AM »
Can the blutsauger beat out the flamethrower head to head?

« Reply #991 on: August 17, 2010, 01:12:14 AM »
How does one protect a medic exactly? Other than tankingn shots meant for him, I don't get it. As Medic, if I see a situation going south, I just get out of dodge then and there.

Watch your medic's health, and if he's being attacked turn around and kill whoever's ambushing him.  If he tells you to retreat because he's taking too much fire, then retreat.  Basically, just look out for him and make sure he doesn't get killed; after all, he's busy making sure you don't get killed.

Personal testing has concluded that every primary and most secondaries will beat out the flamethrower at just about any range where it's doing damage if both players start shooting at the same time.  The only primaries that lose out are the sniper rifle (you'll be dead by the time your shot charges enough for a OHKO; Huntsman charges fast enough for a kill if the pyro doesn't reflect) and the vanilla syringe gun (though it's close).

For secondaries, I think the SMG is the only actual weapon that doesn't beat it.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #992 on: August 17, 2010, 01:14:29 AM »

No, it never could. Some guy did a test in perfect conditions and the pyro won out against the blutsauger with 2 HP left or something. This was after the initial nerf to pyro damage, so yeah.

But if you're talking about gameplay conditions, I personally blutwreck pyros all the time. :V

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #993 on: August 17, 2010, 01:22:00 AM »
No, it never could. Some guy did a test in perfect conditions and the pyro won out against the blutsauger with 2 HP left or something. This was after the initial nerf to pyro damage, so yeah.
Oops, my mistake.  Yeah, the Blutsauger does still lose out assuming every flame particle hits, but with the flamer's terrible spread that's highly unlikely.  The longer the fight lasts, the more health the medic will regen, and thus the more the fight goes in his favor.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #994 on: August 17, 2010, 01:24:30 AM »
Oops, my mistake.  Yeah, the Blutsauger does still lose out assuming every flame particle hits, but with the flamer's terrible spread that's highly unlikely.  The longer the fight lasts, the more health the medic will regen, and thus the more the fight goes in his favor.

Yeah, any decent blutmedic should beat out a pyro in normal conditions. At least, provided things like they both have full health, the pyro doesn't get the drop on the medic, blah blah blah. Unless the pyro is smart or something, but how often does that happen?

« Reply #995 on: August 17, 2010, 01:34:19 AM »
This is my first time seeing this.

Also almost at 1000. Gota Gota Gota move that thread up!

« Reply #996 on: August 17, 2010, 02:05:04 AM »
Yeah, any decent blutmedic should beat out a pyro in normal conditions. At least, provided things like they both have full health, the pyro doesn't get the drop on the medic, blah blah blah. Unless the pyro is smart or something, but how often does that happen?
I'm a pretty damn good pyro (read: 12 arrow reflect kills and numerous rocket/sticky reflect kills in 2 hours on 2fort today; able to airblast rocket jump and airblast nade jump), and I honestly couldn't tell you how I'd beat a blutsauger medic.

If he's in flamethrower range in the open, it's pretty much luck that he doesn't dodge around too much.  No matter how perfect your aim is, you can't force a flame particle to not miss.

If he's at the edge of flamethrower range, you lose automatically.  Not even the shotgun is going to win that fight for you.

If he's in flamethrower range in a cramped area, there's always the chance of puff'n'sting, but if his aim's good there's still a fairly good chance you could die before you get the killing blow.

If he's standing at long range, it's a guarantee he won't kill you, and flares have a slight chance of not being dodged.  Realistically, both parties would either retreat, or waste ammo trying to fight long range before getting steamrolled by each others' teammates.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #997 on: August 17, 2010, 02:29:21 AM »
I'm a pretty damn good pyro (read: 12 arrow reflect kills and numerous rocket/sticky reflect kills in 2 hours on 2fort today; able to airblast rocket jump and airblast nade jump), and I honestly couldn't tell you how I'd beat a blutsauger medic.

If he's in flamethrower range in the open, it's pretty much luck that he doesn't dodge around too much.  No matter how perfect your aim is, you can't force a flame particle to not miss.

If he's at the edge of flamethrower range, you lose automatically.  Not even the shotgun is going to win that fight for you.

If he's in flamethrower range in a cramped area, there's always the chance of puff'n'sting, but if his aim's good there's still a fairly good chance you could die before you get the killing blow.

If he's standing at long range, it's a guarantee he won't kill you, and flares have a slight chance of not being dodged.  Realistically, both parties would either retreat, or waste ammo trying to fight long range before getting steamrolled by each others' teammates.

...what about puff -> airblast -> axtiguisher, that always works for me.

« Reply #998 on: August 17, 2010, 02:31:22 AM »

...what about puff -> airblast -> axtiguisher, that always works for me.
It really depends on the area, but if you have to puff more than once to get him against a wall you'll be dead before you can swing thanks to weapon switch and swing times.

Granted, I'm assuming the medic you're fighting has perfect aim.  Most don't, and the ones that do are most likely using the syringe gun instead.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #999 on: August 17, 2010, 09:56:27 PM »
999replyget

Argh why is my ping so high? It's at a constant 130 even in servers right next to me.

CSS is normal, it's only in TF2
what do/
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #1000 on: August 18, 2010, 12:50:58 AM »
999replyget

Argh why is my ping so high? It's at a constant 130 even in servers right next to me.

CSS is normal, it's only in TF2
what do/

I've had similar problems. I forgot the details, but it should be fixed for me Wednesday.

EDIT: The guy didn't come and it's been postponed till Satureday,
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:55:03 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #1001 on: August 19, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »
Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I never got an arrow reflect kill while playing.

Guys, I'm slipping, what do ;__________;

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #1002 on: August 19, 2010, 02:14:47 PM »
At least you've done it before. I suck at reflecting. Can't even push away those stupid targelanders before they get a crit in. WIsh I had a better idea of the flamethower's range.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #1003 on: August 19, 2010, 02:33:45 PM »
At least you've done it before. I suck at reflecting. Can't even push away those stupid targelanders before they get a crit in. WIsh I had a better idea of the flamethower's range.
I've only gotten two reflected headshots and probably < 10 normal reflect arrow kills.  I don't spend my time standing still waiting for the bastards from a distance, and it's not often that they'll try shooting me more than once after I round a corner.

Rockets are a different story.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #1004 on: August 19, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »
Here you go.

The airblast hitbox is a big sphere that mostly covers the standard flame range.  You have a bit less range in front and a lot more to the left side, but all in all it's more or less the same.

I've only gotten two reflected headshots and probably < 10 normal reflect arrow kills.  I don't spend my time standing still waiting for the bastards from a distance, and it's not often that they'll try shooting me more than once after I round a corner.

Rockets are a different story.

The trick is to get in close, airblast them so their arrow is stuck charging while they're in the air, then airblast again when they land.  95% of the time, you get an instant point-blank arrow reflect, since it'll auto-fire when they hit the ground if they release mouse1.