Author Topic: Team Fortress 4  (Read 105297 times)

Re: Team Fortress 4
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2010, 04:56:52 AM »
Oh hey I played for a bit and got a Dalokohs bar. That was totally not worth it at all.

Seriously, does the thing have any use at all? I can't see why I'd want to use it over the sandvich but w/e.

The drop system is surprisingly kind to me though. I may be getting drops I probably won't use much, but they're INTERESTING drops I probably won't be using much! (Plus like three KGBs)

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2010, 05:02:35 AM »
Oh hey I played for a bit and got a Dalokohs bar. That was totally not worth it at all.

Seriously, does the thing have any use at all? I can't see why I'd want to use it over the sandvich but w/e.

The drop system is surprisingly kind to me though. I may be getting drops I probably won't use much, but they're INTERESTING drops I probably won't be using much! (Plus like three KGBs)
I think the Dalokohs Bar may actually be more pointless than the Razorback.  Only use I've found for it is when you're camping a medkit without a medic, as it gives you larger returns on healing in addition to the obvious overheal.  It'd be nice for dispenser heavies too, if it actually let you refill your overheal with a dispenser.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2010, 05:20:24 AM »
Razorback is much more useful than the bar, though. Bar has nothing over sandvich. A razorback is at least useful with pairs of snipers so you're not an easy backstab chain.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2010, 05:45:25 AM »
Really, if you're planning on doing nothing but sitting on the top of 2fort sniping across the map all day, there's no reason not to use the razorback anyway.

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2010, 01:45:02 PM »
Really, if you're planning on doing nothing but sitting on the top of 2fort sniping across the map all day, there's no reason not to use the razorback anyway.
Really, if you're planning on playing on 2fort all day, there's no reason not to use whatever ridiculously terribad loadout you want to anyway. :V

Edible

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
Really, if you're planning on playing on 2fort all day, there's no reason not to use whatever ridiculously terribad loadout you want to anyway. :V

This IS where I see the most snipers by far, though!

Mostly sniping the other snipers.

Bananamatic

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2010, 03:21:12 PM »
Really, there is no reason to play something else on pubs than Arena

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »
Does the Dalokoh's buff add to the buff a medic can give you? Because if so, then it would have the one and  singular purpose of making you survive a 100% headshot.  :V

Oh, and besides arena, king of the hill can also be fun, providing that the server doesn't have ololol instantrespawn. But I agree, most regular servers over here are 90% zergfests with both teams having several lvl 3 sentries should someone somehow still manage to get past the continuous explosive spam and minigun fire. As a scout, these are next to unplayable.

...the drop limit is resetted every thursday, right?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »
That was fun to pocket medic Esoterica, and finally caught him in SourceOP :3

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2010, 06:09:57 PM »
That was fun to pocket medic Esoterica, and finally caught him in SourceOP :3
Wait, I had a pocket medic? :V

What map?

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »
I love it when DR spies give me first blood as hoovy.  :3

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2010, 07:06:14 PM »
Got my first arrow-reflect-kill today.  :dragonforce:

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2010, 07:26:18 PM »
And I got my first fire arrow reflect kill today. :derp:

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »
But was it a headshot?
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2010, 07:34:34 PM »
But was it a headshot?
...  :flamingv:

« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »
You know what would be an interesting unlockable melee weapon for the Pyro? An unlockable melee weapon that reduces your health by 25 when worn, but in return grants you an additional ability on a cooldown like the sandman, only this cooldown will be for improving the movement capabilities of the Pyro.

Two words: Grappling hook!  :V

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2010, 10:57:48 PM »
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1283963

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

oh god.

Also, what were your impressions of highlyresponsivetoprayers?

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2010, 12:18:22 AM »
I'm actually beginning to think I spend too much time in arena, so I looked through the servers any comp players on my list played on and added them, so now I've got some nice vanilla 5CP servers to play on. :V

oh god.

Also, what were your impressions of highlyresponsivetoprayers?
Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.  :c

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2010, 01:08:03 AM »
I should find a 2fort server just go get some of these stupid achivements. The regular servers I play on don't have any CTF maps in their rotations at all.

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2010, 02:28:49 AM »
I should find a 2fort server just go get some of these stupid achivements. The regular servers I play on don't have any CTF maps in their rotations at all.
I'm thinking about finding a 24/7 2fort server just so I can laugh when people call me a hacker for rocket jumping as a pyro. :V

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2010, 12:46:28 PM »

I think that kind of snipers may as well uninstall Steam, they surely wouldn't be missed.

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
I think that kind of snipers may as well uninstall Steam, they surely wouldn't be missed.
Hey, 2fort Sniper WarsTM are the epitome of pro sniper gameplay.

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2010, 12:54:37 PM »
Oh, stupid me then, I must look really stupid when I stand mid-range from the frontlines and try to headshot people, rather than standing in the corner, charging the huntsman and letting go randomly.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »
New Weapon Idea Get!  >:D

Most significant alternate weapons encourage a somewhat (or more than somewhat) different playstyle in some way. The one where this is noticably not the case is the Kritzkrieg. So what about inventing a Medigun replacement that makes a more noticable difference?

The Death Dodger's Rifle! (DDR)

The main idea behind the DDR is that, unlike the Medigun and the Kritzkrieg, you don't click on the target once and then hold. Instead, your have a weapon that behaves similar to the Shotgun, only that it heals your teammates instead of damaging your enemies. It can fire once every second and fires 10 instant-hit projectiles with a noticable spread. These are subject to damage (healing) falloff on a distance, healing ~9 hit points at melee range and having a linear falloff up to a minimum health of 3 at a distance of about the distance of the sniper positions in 2Fort, of course, by that point the spread will make it unlikely to hit a single target with more than 2 projectiles.

Pros:
- Higher HPS when up close
- Spread makes it possible to heal several people at once if they stand close together or at least in a line
- Can heal teammates out of the regular Medigun's range, if only by small amounts

Cons:
- Requires good aim to ensure proper healing of your teammates
- Cannot heal teammates that are out of the line of sight
- If the recipient is a little farther away, the spread and falloff make the HPS go down below that of the regular Medigun.
- Keeping too close to your recipient makes you an easier target

I'm still thinking about how to handle the Uber Charge of the DDR, though.
...maybe have it simply double the movement and firing speed for the duration. That would be fun, unique and cause the name to make more sense.

So, whaddaya think? Is the idea worth fleshing out and posting on the forums?   :derp:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:53:59 PM by Iryan »

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2010, 03:51:36 AM »

Edible

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2010, 04:07:18 AM »

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2010, 05:34:33 AM »
Apparently they added death icons for the community weapo--wait what is that a

LASER SENTRY
(bottom right)
Aww, I was just coming here to post this. :ohdear:

I don't see the purpose though, sentry bullets are already instant to hit when they're fired.  Unless it's a trip wire or something, which'd be so blatantly obvious it'd be useless compared to an actual sentry for defense.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2010, 05:50:24 AM »
Aww, I was just coming here to post this. :ohdear:

I don't see the purpose though, sentry bullets are already instant to hit when they're fired.  Unless it's a trip wire or something, which'd be so blatantly obvious it'd be useless compared to an actual sentry for defense.
Since it looks like a level one sentry maybe it's something intended for offensive engineers.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2010, 07:35:30 AM »
what is the black one? I don't recall a weapon exploding heads.