Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 100609 times)

Bananamatic

Team Fortress 2
« on: February 07, 2010, 01:22:26 AM »
If other games can have their threads, why not this? :V
Everyone plays TF2. And if somebody doesn't, sooner or later they will :V

To start it off before it goes somewhere: Which classes do you play the most and with which setup?

For me, probably Sniper with Huntsman/Jarate.
Huntsman is simply more fun than the rifle(and kills look cooler too, plus you aren't that distance camper which doesn't get any action :V
Jarate over Razorback simply because it's Team Fortress.
Plus you should learn how to spycheck and Ambassador doesn't give a fuck anyways :V

Second probably Pyro... Normal flamethrower(compression blast is fun, bonus cool points for deflect kills, light arrows on fire, put out fires), Axtinguisher. It's always cool to take out a demoman with targe+eyelander.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:25:42 AM »
I am the medic. I heal you. You kill. I still get points. Plus The syringe gun makes me  :V
I also use the ubersaw. BEST. MELEE. EVER. I kinda switch between the Kritzkrieg and the normal Ubercharge.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:37:31 AM »
Pyro - Flamethrower/shotgun/regular fireaxe but only because I'm not good with Axetinguisher =<
Medic - Blutsauger/depends on team needs at the time/Ubersaw
Engy - doesn't have unlocks yet lol

But I don't really play much at all lately because most of my most active clanmates are all whiny bitches anymore and I don't want to fucking listen to them complain. So I've just been playing Borderlands with my boyfriend instead.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:39:49 AM by Arashi Kurobara »

Formless God

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 01:38:42 AM »
Spy :3. The other weapons take too long to kill. I prefer Za Warudo :V

Just curious, where does everyone play ? And do I need Steam to join ? ;_; FOUND IT.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:01:52 AM by Formless God »

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 01:41:24 AM »
I quickly grew bored of this game, but when I did play, it was mostly medic, pyro and soldier.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:03:53 AM by Odda C. »

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 01:48:58 AM »
I play TF2 from time to time. I use all classes about the same amount, but I guess I main:

-Medic (Blutsauger, Normal Medigun, Ubersaw. Invincibility is more useful than 100% crits in most situations)

-Sniper (Huntsman, Jarate/sometimes razorback, depending on wether I know the other team have a ton of spies)

-Heavy (Standard Minigun, Sandvich, K.G.B's)

I do use the Engineer a lot too. I'm quite looking forward to the inevitable unlocks for him. ;D

Spoiler:
Btw, Steam ID is Doomsday93

Bananamatic

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 02:00:47 AM »
RANT TIME
what the hell
worst team ever
we have SEVEN SPIES and we still keep getting sniped left and right.

and I got ANOTHER DUPLICATE
hooray

2 minutes later, somebody gets a hat

or before that
got my 6th flare gun, then in 2 minutes somebody got an eyelander and shortly after someone else got a direct hit.

Why can't I get these 2 items >.>
/rant

Least played...medic and engy. Both around 20 minutes while sniper has 6 hours :V

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 02:03:20 AM »
I play TF2 occasionally, but I'm really, really bad at it. I prefer playing as the Scout, though. I just use the default weapons with him, don't really like the unlocks.

Also I still don't have any of the Demo unlocks at all, which makes me sad.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 02:11:55 AM »
I think we had a TF2 thread but it fell to the back somewhere.
Anyways since this one is up I'll post this.

My favorite class is Heavy. I can be cheap like a pyro without being called a noob.
All standard items because heavy's unlock weapons aren't really good.

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 02:33:52 AM »
I play whatever class the team needs, which ends up being engineer or medic a lot of the time. Engy isn't totally boring on CP/PL maps, but I'm hoping the update gives them more options to get in the thick of things.

When I'm not being credit to team I like to go heavy or pyro, no unlocks except the melee weapons (unless we're facing a scout rush, then I'll swap in Natascha.) I tried using backburner for a while too, but most maps make it too difficult to get behind the enemy, so it's just not worth giving up the airblast.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 02:47:20 AM »
RANT TIME
what the hell
worst team ever
we have SEVEN SPIES and we still keep getting sniped left and right.

and I got ANOTHER DUPLICATE
hooray

2 minutes later, somebody gets a hat

or before that
got my 6th flare gun, then in 2 minutes somebody got an eyelander and shortly after someone else got a direct hit.

Why can't I get these 2 items >.>
/rant

Least played...medic and engy. Both around 20 minutes while sniper has 6 hours :V

Hey, I think I saw you today.Did you see anyone named strawberry pie?

If so, you should have mentioned the five snipers. Is there any map where decent teams have 5 snipers? Also, why do people go engie when attacking. You can't build anything in the setup place, so why bother? Lastly, does the shrine maiden Steam group ever play as a clan?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Bananamatic

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 02:54:25 AM »
Yeah, I think I have seen somebody like that :V
Attack engies are for teleports...I think.

Just scored a crocket deflect kill. Always feels good :V

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 02:56:58 AM »
Attack engies are for teleports...I think.

Mostly, yeah. Though a good one can often make good use of sentry and/or dispenser, and the really good ones can do so even when the team is pushing on a 5-point CP map.

(Note that I am one one of said particularly good ones and will never pretend to be. =P)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 03:03:23 AM »
Yeah, I can see your reasoning, but for a map like gorge, should engies wait until one point is captured for teles to be practical?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Spidere

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 03:04:48 AM »
Note that I am one one of said particularly good ones and will never pretend to be. =P

I'm sorry, I cannot see through your engrish. Clarify please?

I also play as the Spy with the cloak and dagger and ambassador.

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 03:17:38 AM »
I'm sorry, I cannot see through your engrish. Clarify please?

Oops. That first "one" should be a "not", lol. I have no idea what I was thinking to make it come out like that.

Spidere

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 04:37:15 AM »
Oops. That first "one" should be a "not", lol. I have no idea what I was thinking to make it come out like that.

Don't worry, we all engrish sometimes.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 05:20:21 AM »
Pro- Engineer, Medic
If we need it- Soldier, Demoman
When Bored- Pyro, Huntsman Sniper, Spy

If you've ever played 2Fort and jumped into the water only to die to a turret with a guy named Yukkuri laughing at you... it was probably me. :V

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:22:42 AM by Furienify »

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 06:20:48 AM »
I play this all the time.
My only real issue is that demomen are too safe to play as/good snipers make me rage

how the crap can anyone be that good at getting headshots, i always miss with the sniper rifle.
arena's probably my favorite gameplay type simply because it's so easy to pick up and play for short, spaced out periods of time.

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »
Scout, medic and sniper. Played competitive for a while, got to div5 in ETF2L, then our team splintered.

Bananamatic

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 02:35:10 PM »
Demoman also is fun to play :V
Especially because you can jump over rockets without too much risk involved.

Just went 1v1 vs a soldier in the 2fort water tunnel, dodged his rockets for fun, then went and charged him with a bottle. Fun :V

Gpop

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 03:34:11 PM »
I am sad that I only have the 360 version of TF2 ;_;

I promised myself that I'm gonna buy the PC version someday though.

Bananamatic

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 04:12:28 PM »
WHAT THE HELL

I'm on this server.
Then I get a camera beard.
40 minutes later, I get ANOTHER camera beard

WHY CAN'T I GET AN EYELANDER OR DIRECT HIT

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
I usually play Spy, Scout, Medic, or Soldier.  In terms of loadouts:

Spy: Ambassador/Invisibility Watch in most game types, Ambassador/Dead Ringer in arena.
Scout: Scattergun/Pistol/Bat in most occasions, Scattergun/Bonk/Bat when dealing with sentries or chokepoints.  Exchange scattergun for Force-A-Nature in any map where vertical movement is a huge asset.
Medic: Syringe Gun/Medigun/Ubersaw in most game types, Blutsauger/Kritzkrieg/Ubersaw on defense or in arena.
Soldier: Rocket Launcher/Gunboats/Equalizer for fun/arena, Rocket Launcher/Shotgun/Equalizer for profit.

Favorite game types are arena and cp.  Ctf's alright if it's doublecross though.

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »
WHAT THE HELL

I'm on this server.

You got valved.

I tend to play Engineer or Medic most of the time, because usually my team is completely lacking in terms of support classes.

I also found this neat game called Global Agenda, which is pretty much a MMO TF2 clone/rip-off.

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »
I would play engineer more if the DH and demomen didn't make sentries so useless; then again, engineers are all about the teleporters and dispensers.

WHAT THE HELL

I'm on this server.

Camera Beard drop rate has been absurd after the last class updates. I've gotten so many of them. It doesn't help that they're 'unique' and can only be smelted with other camera beards. They're so lame now that everyone and their mother has like five of them.

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »
I am sad that I only have the 360 version of TF2 ;_;

I promised myself that I'm gonna buy the PC version someday though.

You should buy it now while they are having the valentines sales.

Bananamatic

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 10:45:22 PM »
Trying to get 3 more demo achievements.
Hooray for being useless trying to kill people with air stickies, doing everything for one more construction kill or hoping to get a 3+ sticky kill.

I swear that I once stickyjumped onto a point and captured it but got nothing.
Almost had 5 people in a single sticky kill and got killed just as I wanted to detonate.

I get nothing but duplicates - 2 flare guns in one day, 2 beards in a single map, another targe, another ambassador, three sandviches, no eyelander, no direct hit, nothing.

The achievements are ridiculous to get in normal play...half of them require the scottish resistance or eyelander anyways.

Do you seriously expect me to sticky jump while hoping I land on some passing dude which has low enough HP to get killed in one melee hit?
goddamnit

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 10:49:07 PM »
Yeah, the drop system seems to have a lower drop chance for items you don't have. Meaning you just get duplicates most of the time. (almost all of the time)

I hadn't gotten a single KGB drop until I had actually gotten the milestone to get it. Now I get them all of the time. It was that way with the targe, too.

Let's not even think about the gunboats. I haven't gotten close to getting one, and I'm sure as hell not going to try to craft one; knowing my luck I'll just get another buff banner.

Bananamatic

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 10:55:02 PM »
I have the gunboats, but I get completely destroyed by Direct Hits with the normal launcher.

Crafted away both of my KGBs because I didn't realize that I need 4 demo items to get the token.
KGB is useless anyways...but I WANT THE EYELANDER
It's hard to bottle charge people :-\