Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 14 - Double the stamina, double the fun  (Read 126220 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Puzzle & Dragons 14 - Double the stamina, double the fun
« Reply #990 on: November 24, 2014, 11:03:14 PM »
Believe it or not, I'm actually scared of the low attacker HP and his LS requirement, so instead I just sub him on Athena. It works pretty well.

I guess if you want to actually lead with him, use anything that will generate wood orbs (Chu, GGY, Zeal, etc). You can probably not mind the all-attacker bonus for a while and just ride out on 16x.

Yeah, with two attacker leads, you won't have to worry about not gibbing any one, especially if they have TPAs themselves.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #991 on: November 24, 2014, 11:15:02 PM »
What do people usually use for GZL subs? Would somebody mind looking at my PADHerder and pointing me to the things I should be working on to sub him? I'm beginning to powerlevel him and Athena, so their team should be available in three weeks or so, or sooner if I can get a truckload of Tamadras from somewhere other than Tamadra Village.
My GZL team looks thusly:

GZL/Ecchi(switch with something wood or some such if you don't need/can't use the delay)/Perseus/CuChu/Freyja(Who I realize you do not have, though she's more a placeholder)/[Athena].

Using an Athena for the friend leader helps raise the HP from 'wet paper' to 'low but not ENTIRELY worthless',  and also ensures at least most of the team gets boosted even if you're at high HP so you're not ENTIRELY screwed if you heal over/get healed over the 80%.

Sadly, while I want to endorse Michael here, if you're wanting to use Athena(like in my example) he'll convert your light ammo away which is quite sad given how Athena hits like a freaking bullet train if she gets to do her 2-prong thing, just like GZL does.  Of course, if you're going double-GZL he'd be able to swap for Perseus if you want different orbs to be changed and/or want light damage.

Thumbelina might see some situational use since she's an Attacker(can be boosted by GZL's active), carries the rare skillbind resist, provides hearts for CuChu to break, and also has a SB and a 2-prong, though I don't have one to test the waters on that one's effectiveness.  Her HP is abysmal though, and her high-ish Rcv could very well be a detriment.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #992 on: November 25, 2014, 12:00:11 AM »
I didn't even think about using Zeal or Perseus for some reason. They both seem like they would work pretty well. I was considering trying to do double Chu but I really don't want to skill up a second one.

Believe it or not, I'm actually scared of the low attacker HP and his LS requirement, so instead I just sub him on Athena. It works pretty well.

I'm going to be setting up an Athena for his team, so I can always just swap their roles if I want. Given the stuff I have what kind of Athena team would you make? Maybe something like Athena/GZL/Verche/Ra/Apollo/Athena? That team would be lower priority than the GZL one, but I'm probably going to start leveling Ra after that anyway, so it would work.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #993 on: November 25, 2014, 12:06:45 AM »
 I wouldn't use Athena for this team. yeah she hits like a truck, but she's off color, offers no RCV, and her HP is pretty mediocre. You're already hitting like a truck with the two Zhuges. At this point I think it's best to add consistency.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #994 on: November 25, 2014, 01:02:29 AM »
I wouldn't use Athena for this team. yeah she hits like a truck, but she's off color, offers no RCV, and her HP is pretty mediocre. You're already hitting like a truck with the two Zhuges. At this point I think it's best to add consistency.

Isn't lack of recovery a good thing? I've never played an hp range team like GZL so I don't know how that's supposed to work. But yeah, the off-color is a problem and she doesn't really bring any utility to speak of.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #995 on: November 25, 2014, 01:05:32 AM »

What a cruel game.

Jq1790

« Reply #996 on: November 25, 2014, 01:40:10 AM »
Isn't lack of recovery a good thing? I've never played an hp range team like GZL so I don't know how that's supposed to work. But yeah, the off-color is a problem and she doesn't really bring any utility to speak of.
If you're not using Athena as a leader or friend leader, yeah it's better to have a wood-primary there.  Either an orb change or some other utility.  Or Ecchi if you can spare the slot and need a delay.

As for recovery, you want not SUPER high Rcv, but recall that you DO need to be able to eat a hit to get into range(Though if it's from before you've been hit it won't matter).  The point of having SOME Rcv is so if you're hit REALLY low you can heal up in case you HAVE to take a hit someplace later on.

If the enemy has a moderate attack but decent or high HP you might not KO them in one go even with Zhuge's ridiculous strength.  Alternatively, if you need to stall a turn or two for an orb change skill you could end up taking more damage whilst you do so.  Even a mook can kill you if you can't heal to SOME degree.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #997 on: November 25, 2014, 01:44:51 AM »
As someone who's run Goemon, it's pretty desirable to have high RCV. Yeah, healing out of your sweetspot sucks, but having no recovery makes you inflexible. High recovery lets you stall for skills/set up the board and survive pre-emptives, especially those assholish dungeon with a pre-emptive every floor. Stuff like this are why people +297 Dmetas.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #998 on: November 25, 2014, 03:09:19 AM »
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR COLLAB

OHHHHHHHH MY GOD

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #999 on: November 25, 2014, 03:16:13 AM »

OHHHHHHHH MY GOD

Oh good, a collab I have no attachment to.

....It's going to have good cards, isn't it.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #1000 on: November 25, 2014, 03:19:24 AM »

OHHHHHHHH MY GOD

You are already broke?

Now all we need is Jojos.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Jq1790

« Reply #1001 on: November 25, 2014, 03:20:56 AM »
You are already broke?

Now all we need is Jojos.
I know someone who'd absolutely FLIP if we got a Jojo's collab.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #1002 on: November 25, 2014, 03:21:55 AM »
I know someone who'd absolutely FLIP if we got a Jojo's collab.

Only counts if they strike a fabulous pose when doing so.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Jq1790

« Reply #1003 on: November 25, 2014, 03:25:01 AM »
Only counts if they strike a fabulous pose when doing so.
...somehow I don't think I'd put it past them if I asked them to.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1004 on: November 25, 2014, 03:46:38 AM »
Ha ha neat. I wish I liked Fist Of The North Star, but I don't. Well, that's not really true, I like it just fine, I just don't care to watch it. I wish I could watch it. One of my former roommates ruined it for me by trying to get me into it by showing me all of the good parts first. After seeing the good parts the rest of the show is kind of dull for my taste. I bet the collab will be neat though. Do we expect to ever see this in North America? Who has the license here?

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #1005 on: November 25, 2014, 03:47:17 AM »
commandercool, 10 minutes ago i max leveled my GZL (who was already max awoken).

If you plan on using GZL right off the bat let me know and i'll put him up as leader instead of GOdin.

Woah, didn't expect Fist of the North Star at all! I really don't know how the artworks will look, considering the original style.....

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #1006 on: November 25, 2014, 03:47:32 AM »
thread is over 1000, closing