Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 14 - Double the stamina, double the fun  (Read 126186 times)

Re: Puzzle & Dragons 14 - Double the stamina, double the fun
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 07:23:31 PM »
JP got guerilla hera/zeus descents right after the new roman ults were out too, most likely to let people get the evolve materials.
Afterwards, most of the time the guerillas weres condition descents, which make absolutely no sense because it's difficult to find friends to use in just one hour. You pretty much have to rely on people you actually know and ask them to put something out for you. =_=||

Thankfully I've had little problem with this due to IRC, though I don't do conditional descends a lot yet (unless samurai dragons count???)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »
Okay, I think it's time to play WHAT TEAM WILL EDIBLE BUILD NEXT.

I'm going to update my (hilariously outdated) padherder tonight and you guys could help me with team ideas!  WHAT FUN :toot:

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 09:41:13 PM »

I'm going to update my (hilariously outdated) padherder tonight and you guys could help me with team ideas!  WHAT FUN :toot:
the answer is obviously isis

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »

Moonstet mono-green team! :V

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 09:53:32 PM »

Numbered dragon team, obviously.
Spoiler:
+ Fagan since we don't have defour yet

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2014, 03:37:41 AM »
Alright, so I'm done with Door Of Light And Shadow farming for today, and the end result was 13 eggs out of 25 runs. I had a read steady two eggs in three runs thing going there for a while, but I only got a single drop out of my last seven runs. Make of that what you will I guess, but Ocean Of Heaven seems like a better deal overall since it has better stamina, gold, and other drops. 13 +eggs is a lot, but I probably won't do this again. If I had kept up the number I was seeing at the beginning there it probably would be more worth it.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Edible

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 03:50:28 AM »

AWW YEAH

LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD

:fail:

(any inaccuracies are the result of alcohol)

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2014, 04:12:01 AM »
Alright, so I'm done with Door Of Light And Shadow farming for today, and the end result was 13 eggs out of 25 runs. I had a read steady two eggs in three runs thing going there for a while, but I only got a single drop out of my last seven runs. Make of that what you will I guess, but Ocean Of Heaven seems like a better deal overall since it has better stamina, gold, and other drops. 13 +eggs is a lot, but I probably won't do this again. If I had kept up the number I was seeing at the beginning there it probably would be more worth it.

I did two runs of it today and got nothing, meanwhile I ran Yggdrasil like 8-10 times and got a plus egg out of every run except one, which equated to a lot of fodder getting leveled and about 1 and 1/2 ranks worth of exp. And this thing wasn't even on 1.5x!

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2014, 04:28:53 AM »
AWW YEAH

pandora, persephone, vampiya, CDK, Dtron

destroy worlds, do it edible

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2014, 05:28:07 AM »

Athena
Verche
Apoc
G/L Genbu
Venus(idk what to put here)

or

Wukong
G/L Genbu
Fuma
Apoc
Verche/Valkyrie
Wukong

or

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2014, 05:42:22 AM »
AWW YEAH

Moonstet mono-green team! :V

Whoaaa you have LOTS of green orb changers to work with! Huge potential you have there.

Moonstet/ Michael,Meimei,(Cuchu/ADK/Amitan/Perseus/Liu Bei)* / Moonstet

*Choose 2 out of 5 depending on dungeon:
Amitan is easiest to skill up green+heart maker, these kind of orb changers increases survivability by a lot;
Perseus is a better amitan and combos well with Michael too but skill up is insanely hard;
Liu Bei is your only double green orb maker, good for breaking through a tough mid-boss;
Cuchu 5cd orb changer nuff' said;
ADK for another 5cd green maker, personally recommend having at least one 5cd orb changer on a mono-colour team.

Meimei+Michael is a very good end-game move btw, since Sasuke doesn't work with Meimei, she has to partner with an angel instead of ninjas like everyone else, the upside is you have heart orbs to go your mostly green board.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2014, 07:34:48 AM »
MY FIRST SPIRIT JEWEL FROM REM.

It's one I already have.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2014, 08:00:12 AM »
2 minutes before Gleaming Dragon goes away, I drop an evolved charming temptress and a fairlio... both of them with + eggs.

So the game is taunting me between the 20% of chances of skilling up my fairlio and my persephone over plus eggs.

Well, I won't fall for your trap game! I'm feeding them to my +egg fodder that will eventually become Horus food!

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2014, 09:53:07 AM »
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/141104.html

JP's next friday's usual carnival up is replaced by MALE gacha up.

Actually judging from the text there and how it starts tomorrow, I'm not sure if it's actually a separate REM like pink REM was, in which case this might be very good as the roaster is so small.

All angels confirmed male in PAD. :V

Nothing too spectacular. quite a number of gods mixed with dragonswordmans and stuff, so not sure if it's better or worse than a godfes.

Also a alt. colour of Chester and *LightTimeMagicianGuy* are being released for this. A Red Chester and a GreenTimeMagicianGuy (can anyone tell me what his name translates to?).
Now Red team gets their own 3 skill bind resist guy too. Woo. As if red isn't already the 2nd best colour after dark.

Edit: Since NA might get it a few months later so here's the lineup for reference.
Red Chester
Green Wijass(?)

Neptune

Syaitan
Thanatos

Sasuke
Fuuma
Hanzo

Hermes

All 5 Angels

Fallen Lucifer

Prometeus (the PADZ red devil)

Fire Dragonswordsman
Light Dragonswordsman

All four light or dark magicians

Blue/Green/Light Knights! (Red and dark confirmed females :V though it was kinda obvious)

Silver egg line up are all of the stuff above with a silver egg form

Some really nice goodies in the lineup, all angels are nice, lucifer is in high demand, ninjas are always good, chester and wijass have amazing awakenings, Hermes is nice, Knights are good, in particular Muse is amazing for rainbow teams. and Neptune has the awaken ult thing going for him.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:20:44 AM by Thaws »

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2014, 10:13:20 AM »
Holy sh....! I just unlocked Legendary Seaway and Legendary Earth..... In comparison Starlight Sanctuary is a cakewalk :o

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2014, 10:30:20 AM »

Actually judging from the text there and how it starts tomorrow, I'm not sure if it's actually a separate REM like pink REM was, in which case this might be very good as the roaster is so small.

特別なレアガチャ「男の子ガチャ」が、期間限定で登場!

It is confirmed to be a separate REM.

That said, some translate his name to be "Wijious." "Wijas" is actually a real surname. I don't know which one is the correct one. That said, him getting a Green version is interesting. He's bind immune and has 1.0s time extend, so can be OK in a Bastet team?

Also, this pretty much confirms that Water Dragon Knight is a female, so the non-believers finally can shut up about it. I'll probably pull at least once. Don't know how many times. Going to laugh if I get Neptune again.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:34:06 AM by auri.ca »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »
That said, some translate his name to be "Wijious." "Wijas" is actually a real surname. I don't know which one is the correct one. That said, him getting a Green version is interesting. He's bind immune and has 1.0s time extend, so can be OK in a Bastet team?

Hmm.. That's a good point. I've considered Light Wijass as an utility member in Bastet teams to deal with binds before, but a green one would fit in much better...
(Not to mention the 10 combo thing :V though that's only worth it with Kushi or Anubis tbh)

I feel like Hera-Sowilo has lower encounter chance because it's a longer dungeon. You would've though with 10 levels it'd make encounters more likely but over the past few times it came back I don't think I've ever gotten an encounter on mythical. :/ (Though it was only like a total of 5 runs or so? :V )

Espadas

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2014, 10:56:37 AM »
That said, some translate his name to be "Wijious." "Wijas" is actually a real surname. I don't know which one is the correct one.

Could it be a corruption or weird translation of "Wdjat"?

For those who doesn't know the word, is the name given to the "Eye of Horus", the one that was torn out during his fight with Seth and later restored by Thoth. (Wdjat = "The healthy eye")

Edible

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »
It's often transliterated as Wadjet, so.

Edit: That said, the katakana just doesn't work at all for that :V
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:18:42 PM by Edible »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2014, 12:22:03 PM »
Could it be a corruption or weird translation of "Wdjat"?

For those who doesn't know the word, is the name given to the "Eye of Horus", the one that was torn out during his fight with Seth and later restored by Thoth. (Wdjat = "The healthy eye")

That actually is something I didn't consider, but the Katakana transliterated reads "Wijazz" and it would be more fitting to give that name to an Egyptian-themed monster than for a magician whose unevolved form's title is "Wandering Magician." And his Green form's unevolved title is "Roaming Magician" so they have the same meaning but using different words/kanji.

Edible

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2014, 12:24:41 PM »
WE JAZZ

There, I have solved the problem.  He's this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2014, 01:31:57 PM »
Last night I did the math to try to figure out how far my Legendary Seaway team was from done and realized that I can just barely meet the HP threshold. I was all excited to try it this morning, but the one Gabriel on my friends list (and seemingly on PDX at all) with enough +s to do the job is offline. And has been for five hours, which means he's probably asleep and will be for a few more hours. Oh well, guess I'll just farm blue bird food for now.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2014, 02:03:13 PM »
WE JAZZ

There, I have solved the problem.  He's this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws

I'd believe it.

That's probably where the time extends come from.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2014, 02:44:52 PM »
All angels confirmed male in PAD. :V

The Metatrons would like to have a word with you. :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2014, 03:00:31 PM »
The Metatrons would like to have a word with you. :V

And glasses angel. Still, the point is taken.

Edible

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »
pandora, persephone, vampiya, CDK, Dtron

destroy worlds, do it edible

This team is mostly leveled/skilled so I could do it pretty easily, plus I am super pumped about dmeta's ult evo when we get that so I'd want to level her for it anyway.

Athena
Verche
Apoc
G/L Genbu
Venus(idk what to put here)

or

Wukong
G/L Genbu
Fuma
Apoc
Verche/Valkyrie
Wukong

or

I don't think I've seen anyone use wukong, ever, so finding friends might be hard.

That said, the Athena team looks nice.  I'd like to have some more options for a TPA team though.  Clearly Light Valk needs another ult evo that gives her TPA and makes her healer/god :V

Whoaaa you have LOTS of green orb changers to work with! Huge potential you have there.

Moonstet/ Michael,Meimei,(Cuchu/ADK/Amitan/Perseus/Liu Bei)* / Moonstet

*Choose 2 out of 5 depending on dungeon:
Amitan is easiest to skill up green+heart maker, these kind of orb changers increases survivability by a lot;
Perseus is a better amitan and combos well with Michael too but skill up is insanely hard;
Liu Bei is your only double green orb maker, good for breaking through a tough mid-boss;
Cuchu 5cd orb changer nuff' said;
ADK for another 5cd green maker, personally recommend having at least one 5cd orb changer on a mono-colour team.

Meimei+Michael is a very good end-game move btw, since Sasuke doesn't work with Meimei, she has to partner with an angel instead of ninjas like everyone else, the upside is you have heart orbs to go your mostly green board.

I really like Meimei so I definitely want to build a team with her in it.  Meimei/Michael do sound like a great pair, now that you mention it.  This would require a shit ton of investment since most of my green crap is unleveled but it has a lot of promise! (Plus I could run Apoc in a Genbu team and use Cuchu to make him a fat dumb light/dark genbu)

I think for now I'm going to focus on leveling genbu, dmeta, and apoc.  Those three seem like they have the most leader/sub potential atm.

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »
Remember though that DOLAS has a low stamina rate per run, so all in all your stamina per +egg rate was 23. The average seems to be around 20 and OoH's rate is like 40 which is why it's worth it.

AWW YEAH

wait when did you get all thes-oh right drunk rolls dammit edible

Hera-Ur, Sonia, Sonia, Shiva, Folklore, Lu Bu seems like an obvious one.
I mean x1.62 HP/x9ATK/x1.2RCV seems pretty op to me. Okay the RCV is pretty terrible but you just faceroll things anyways. I mean Sonia + Hera + Lu Bu + Folklore actives together can probably OHKO anything and you have the additional Sonia + Shiva for a mini-boss.

Ulti Asuka, Dino Rider, Hino, Ares, Leilan is a fun attacker team.
Ally with Asuka/Cao Cao for shittons of HP and no regards for RCV. Ally with Freyr for a more balanced breakfast.

Oh wait you have two UmiYama what the fuck.
You know what, just fuck it and build 2-prong U&Y and then you beat the game. U&Y, U&Y, Echidna, ally U&Y, done. Other subs don't even fucking matter seriously. You don't need rows. You don't need any more 2-prongs or +orbs. Just use light and dark masks or something. Actually you have Gryps rider so use that. It's light/dark and makes the other two orbs you need. Also has even more attack (because you obviously need that). Last sub I dunno another Echidna or like King Shynee because you need all the attack you can get (no). Or BOdin because stats. Yeah go with that one.

U&Y, U&Y, Gryps, BOdin, Echidna, U&Y. Congrats you beat Puzzles and Dragons.

also you have bodin and orochi i hate u
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:17:45 PM by Suikama »

Espadas

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »
Edible, after reading Suikama i had to go and check your rooster.....
..... i think i just found a reason to get drunk for the first time in my life.....  :o

Edible

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2014, 03:31:20 PM »
That team fits quite nicely with my desire to run an op as fuck prong team, which is basically the only step up from op as fuck ronia teams. :V

How do those work anyway, I never understood the math behind them.  Match a bunch of orbs and make sure you match 4 of one type or what?

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2014, 03:57:44 PM »
That team fits quite nicely with my desire to run an op as fuck prong team, which is basically the only step up from op as fuck ronia teams. :V

How do those work anyway, I never understood the math behind them.  Match a bunch of orbs and make sure you match 4 of one type or what?
all you have to do is match enough to active U&Y just like Kirin except make the water matches a 4 orb rather than 3. Then you get a free x2.25 multipler (on everybody who counts) hooray! Also doing so is super easy because you just have orb changers up the wazoo.

okay more teams because why not

Sieg, Bodin, Bubblie, Orochi, Topdroid, Isis bam welcome to the cool kids Physical club.
Team with my Isis obviously. You can use Bastet over Topdroid just for the stats.

Ame, Rvalk, Echinda, Leilan, Ares, Ame for a super farming fire party.
Man if Gungho really wants to encourage rem rolling they should just make mono-type descends where everything is super strong but only one color so you need to use mono teams rather than just Kirin spike all day.
I mean I use rainbow spike so I'm not really complaining but it's just weird that gungho still doesn't really give mono teams a niche to exist in over lolspike.

Bastet, Genbu, Leilan, Echidna, Hera-Ur/Sonia/Athena/Metatron/Kirin/Venus/w/e for an op waifu party.
Best team ever. 10/10. Would spend life savings on. Ally is any other waifu but preferably the best one aka Isis aka my Isis BV

Athena 2-progn is possible but why bother when you have the infinitely superior U&Y two-prong-
Oh wait you have apocalypse GODDAMMIT EDIBLE okay Athena, Apocalypse, Verche, G/L Genbu, and then uh-
Wait no what am I saying apocalypse is still a shitty Chinese girl and you have two of them...
Okay Athena, G/L Genbu, R/L Suzaku, Verche, Venus, Athena
Yep this team is ridiculous too. Just use chinese actives and make 4 prongs of everything (especially light) and you win.
Also it's 8/10 on the waifu scale. Replace Verche with Devil Bastet for a 10/10. (Although verche is still better lol)
Also Izanagi > Venus if you ever get him.
Okay Apoc is still kinda good because he makes heart orbs but 20 turn cooldown sucks huge and even at max 14 is still worse than chinese girls by far.

Fuck why do you have so many things okay uh Light Healer is obvious but you and everyone else on the planet is probably already sick of them so I won't bother.
You could probably also Ra team but why bother when you have U&Y and Athena.

Okay for real though just build Athena, U&Y, Ronia/Hera-Ur, and Pandora/Dmeta teams because they are all top tier teams:
Athena, G/L Genbu, R/L Suzaku, Verche/Bastet, Venus
U&Y, U&Y, Echidna, Gryps, Bodin
Hera-Ur, Ronia, Ronia, Shiva, Folklore
Pandora, Dmeta, Persephone, Vamp, CDK

There you have your work cut out for you maxing all of these bastards
Also you have even more teams available by mixing a matching stuff like Dmeta leader or Ronia leader or Chinese girl leaders or w/e.

Goddammit Edible
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:02:02 PM by Suikama »