Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 14 - Double the stamina, double the fun  (Read 126184 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Puzzle & Dragons 14 - Double the stamina, double the fun
« on: November 03, 2014, 12:23:29 PM »

Puzzle & Dragons is an ios/android puzzle RPG.  It plays like a cross between Bejeweled and Pok?mon.  It's completely free to play, but has premium features through purchasable "magic stones," the game's premium currency (which can also be obtained frequently as rewards in-game), which allow for increased inventory, pulls from a rare egg machine, and more.  If you're patient enough the game gives you enough stones through special events and rewards that you shouldn't need to buy any.  (It's recommended you don't because you are almost guaranteed to be super frustrated at getting screwed by bad rolls ;_;)

You can control monsters from lowly slimes to mighty (?) dragons to even gods like Hathor (above).  They all have different stats and skills, allowing you to customize your team for any number of purposes.

If you're interested, there's a really useful database of monsters and game info here: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

A tip for new players: At the end of the tutorial the game will give you one free pull on the rare egg machine.  It's best to "scum" this pull and start over (by uninstalling and reinstalling) until you get something that's really rare (a God).  Great starters include any of the Chinese Gods, Ares, Bastet, Isis, Idunn & Idunna, Lu Bu, Fallen Angel Lucifer, Odin, U&Y, Shiva, Red Sonia, and many others.  Feel free to ask!

List of friends:

Edible: 328,945,274
hyorinryu: 357.646.299
Suikama: 348.941.282
SuikamaEX: 396.277.239
Soichiro: 389,177,249
triangles: 322.456.235
Nobu: 389,151,231
Arashi: 361,443,282
Chaore: 344,844,286
Ghaleon: 374,256,217
Labuto: 362,441,209
omgkitties: 301,354,227
Twillsky: 320,059,211
O4rfish: 389,956,257
Mode: 384,458,286
Arcorann: 326,368,215
Yukarin: 394.177.213
Jq1790: 396,049,294
Pesco: 328 276 294
MJP: 370,479,279
Dibble: 314,673,283
Matsuri: 358,689,277
Fast Fanatic: 359,184,275
Sacchi Hikaru: 385,394,297
rdj: 338,277,280
Chirei: 326,404,383
En: 351,629,319
commandercool: 312,728,337
Aoshi: 398,822,333
Bonkeror (Conqueror): 331,616,320
Lem: 386.230.369
Espadas: 367,032,362
EspadasEX: 301,335,377

Topic Archive
Thread I
Thread II
Thread III
Thread IV
Thread V
Thread VI
Thread VII
Thread VIII
Thread IX
Thread X
Thread XI
Thread XII
Thread XIII

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Puzzle & Dragons 14 - Double the stamina, double the fun
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
Whoever said Chibitamas only spawn on the boss floor is dead wrong

that little fucker! D:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »
Espadas: Yeah, you'll probably want her maxskill at some point the difference is massive. Ocean of Heaven will do this over time, moreso with double stamina now.

I think from maxing 2 Sirens and Megalodran myself... I have to say Megalodran took the longest at like 30ish feeds? This isn't actually very many because the marine goblins drop so often in there.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 01:42:36 PM »
> wake up and see the 4000 PAL points from the stream were not given
> rare evo mats ends today

God damn it, Gungho. You did that on purpose, didn't you.

EDIT: Hey Chirei, Leilan/Athena absolutely crushes Mulan. It's fantastic.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »
For the record, so far I've got three +eggs in four runs of Door Of Light And Shadow. It seems to drop a lot of chests and dublits, and there are only five non-boss floors, but it's cheap and it seems to be paying out. We'll see what this ends up looking like over many runs, but it's good enough for me to keep running it despite the tedious midboss.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 01:56:21 PM »
Because leader skills are useless anyways, the best way to run it is do challenge mode and pair up with 5 odins to just instantly nuke the bosses to death

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 02:03:51 PM »
I needed 3 runs of Hera-Is Legend to get her to drop and there were a few moments worth mentioning.....

1) Trance, i was following your advice and you will love this: stage 1, kill one demon and stall on the other..... at one point i get arguably the "best" setup for stalling: an horizontal match of 3 fire orb in the top right corner with only light orbs around. The game literally went "lol nope" on me: 3 water orbs, 3 dark orbs aaand 3 wood orbs for the win!
Anyone want to calculate the probability of this?

It seems i am not allowed to stall when i run double Karin.....  :V
Thanks god i got at least Siren up and then managed to stall a bit more on Nirai Kanai and Helheim.

2) IT HAPPENED! I didn't get "reverse orbtrolled" on stage one and managed a clean sweep without problems!  :o

3) It seems the game didn't like my previous "normal" run and decided to give me HELL.... In order:

- every stage i got the lowest TRN count possible AND the worst opponent possible
- Haku invade on stage 1.... thanks god i got some nice heart drops and managed to kill her and stall a few turns
- i derped against Elysion and activated the multiplier with a low combo, sent him almost perfectly under 75% and of course i immediately ate a Curse Breath, had to use Echidna to recover and kill
- 2hko Helheim without problems
- Aldebaran charge on first turn, orbtrolled board forces me to use a 7-star in the hope to kill him from about 70%..... IT SURVIVED WITH LESS THAN 4 HP! How i know it was less that 4? I stoned because i didn't want to lose the jewel and tried to stall 1 turn, attacked him with 3 1-damage hits and I KILLED IT  :X
- the rest was normal administration and i finally got the drop

Quite entertaining (minus the stone part) and i also dropped every single monster i didn't have  :]

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 02:07:41 PM »
Because leader skills are useless anyways, the best way to run it is do challenge mode and pair up with 5 odins to just instantly nuke the bosses to death

Wow, that seems so obvious now. I blame the fact that it's morning. Well, that'll save me a lot of time over the course of the day. Thanks. :derp:

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »
Wow, that seems so obvious now. I blame the fact that it's morning. Well, that'll save me a lot of time over the course of the day. Thanks. :derp:
You miss out on some pal points but it's like whatever. Pal point farming rates were always terrible since it takes 20 runs just for one pull.

Edible

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 02:25:47 PM »
Mulan's dungeon just shits out persephone skillup mats, it's pretty great :V

Too bad they're not evolved, but whatever

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 02:26:53 PM »
Been running Angelion pretty much nonstop since yesterday to try and get skill ups for mine, only have had one skill up actually happen out of however many drops I've gotten so far. Also managed to get a bunch of Wicked Ladies, which... doesn't really do much for me since I don't have a Persephone although I might find her useful for my mono-dark team.

If any of you need another R/G Leilan support besides Chirei and Mats I run one about 85-90% of the time, my ID is 333,981,280, username is Tack

Edible

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 02:32:25 PM »
Been running Angelion pretty much nonstop since yesterday to try and get skill ups for mine, only have had one skill up actually happen out of however many drops I've gotten so far. Also managed to get a bunch of Wicked Ladies, which... doesn't really do much for me since I don't have a Persephone although I might find her useful for my mono-dark team.

If any of you need another R/G Leilan support besides Chirei and Mats I run one about 85-90% of the time, my ID is 333,981,280, username is Tack

You really don't need to run angelion's dungeon for skillups.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=43

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 02:48:40 PM »
uh is padx dead for anyone else?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »
Dead for me, for sure.

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 02:54:21 PM »
uh is padx dead for anyone else?

"It's not just you! http://puzzledragonx.com looks down from here." thank you based downforeveryoneorjustme

Does mean that I can't see how hard Mulan hits, though IIRC she did low enough damage that I could run dual I&I or (EDIT: oh that's right, no dupes) I&I/Sandalphon and be perfectly fine?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:55:52 PM by Wardjeity of the Night, Tsukuyomi »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 02:58:55 PM »
I've been hearing that Beta Tester is trying to add support for some urgent dungeon related stuff? So PDX is down for maintenance? Don't quote me on that, though.

EDIT: Data center issues. Should be back up soon
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:02:23 PM by auri.ca »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 02:59:35 PM »
Does mean that I can't see how hard Mulan hits, though IIRC she did low enough damage that I could run dual I&I or (EDIT: oh that's right, no dupes) I&I/Sandalphon and be perfectly fine?
Don't worry just remember this and you'll clear it no problem

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 03:20:39 PM »
You really don't need to run angelion's dungeon for skillups.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=43

Indeed.

I'd very much suggest using your time and stamina to obtain, awaken, and work on skilling up Mulan. She has pretty great stats and it's extremely rare to see dragon types that not only have bind resistance, but bind recovering as well (in skill at least, not awakening).

(In fact, I think she could totally re-validate some Luci team strats by simple virtue of being dark, good HP, bind-resistant, and able to clear binds, which completely wreck Luci)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 03:31:25 PM »
oh hai Byakko nice to see you

And I have my Ceres materials. Just need to evolve Zeus and Hera... (Whose idea was that, anyways. I need to dump 1.6 million experience just to evolve those two.)

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
Don't worry just remember this and you'll clear it no problem

The Black Baron ended up being more of one than my healers. :V

So instead I used the team I want Mulan to be on and that seemed to work:

Edible

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 04:41:45 PM »
Thoughts/predictions on upcoming updates.

-Venus and Hades are probably going to get super ult evos like the rest of the Greco-Romans.  They need it, too; their leader skills have been largely meaningless for a long time.

-Okuninushi is now the only JP 2.0 to not have an ult evo.  Oddly, he's also the JP 2.0 who needed one the most.

-I suspect the Greeks will get second ult-evos, but going by age of release, Indra and Vritra still need second ult evos.  Blodin does as well.

-Once those are done, they'll probably do Heroes.  It wouldn't surprise me if they focused on the RGB heroes first since they clearly need help.

-Regarding new pantheons after Egypt 2.0, I wonder if they wouldn't do another run of Chinese gods; actual gods this time as opposed to cute girl avatars of the four symbols.  Yu Di/Yu Huang/Jade Emperor, Xi Wangmu, Nu Wa, etc.

-US is running about a month and a half behind JP at the moment, but biweeklies are lagging even further; Mulan started about two months ago for Japan, for instance.  And of course, our descends are like 3 months behind :V

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 04:58:44 PM »
Thoughts/predictions on upcoming updates.

-Venus and Hades are probably going to get super ult evos like the rest of the Greco-Romans.  They need it, too; their leader skills have been largely meaningless for a long time.

Oh shit and I have Zeus and Hera-Sowilo too-- bring on the Venus super ult :*

I have a feeling that an Okuninushi ult is definitely in the future as well-- it just wouldn't make sense otherwise. Speaking of Japanese gods, Amaterasu also lacks a second ult while Kagutsuchi, Orochi, Susano, and Tsukuyomi all have them.

Heroes need ults pretty badly. It feels so strange to see them being almost a year old and not even having subattributes or subtypes yet.

Belial, Amon, and Baal also lack second ults as well. Since Lucifer and Astaroth have got two, I can see them getting them as well at some point.

With the rise of enhance awakenings, I'd kind of like to see the Fruit Dragons getting some love as well. The fact that Dragon is such an inconvenient type to use really hurts them, so they could really use some subtypes.

Also, maybe toy dragon secondary ults?

Valkyrie really should have a boost as well. It's kind of sad that the original doesn't even have a row boost like the others do. Maybe a secondary ult, to make her stand out again? Maybe just make her descend a permanent dungeon so Attack Stance-Light can FINALLY be farmed for good?

Gigas as well, speaking of Heartbreakers. Siegfried, Cu Chulainn, and Vampire all have two ults, but Gigas and Valk only have one.

The rest of the Heras might have ults at some point too, since original Hera and Hera-Ur got them.

Some of the older descends might get ults as well. Hera, Zeus, Athena, Beelzebub, and Satan have so far, so maybe Heracles, Takeminakata, and Izanami(s) are next?

GOdin, both Metatron, and Ronia now all have ults, so probably the other two Odins and Sonias will as well.

As far as new stuff goes, I'd kinda like to see a new series of gods from a different mythology. Aztec gods would be pretty rad, and the Yoruba Orisha are pretty neat too...

Edible

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »
Or more old testament people to hang out with Noah

Adam & Eve / Cain & Abel (:getdown:) / Solomon / Abraham / Moses :V

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »
Or more old testament people to hang out with Noah

Adam & Eve / Cain & Abel (:getdown:) / Solomon / Abraham / Moses :V

Old Testament REM and New Testament REM

With a Jesus descend to go with their debut. :V

I mean I can see it happening, there's like 5 different versions of Satan in the game already and five angels otherwise in Uriel/Michael/Gabriel/Raphael/Metatron.

Oh, and I noticed that Monstrike has classical composers (Beethoven/Tchaikovsky/Bach/Mozart/Chopin, respectively) and renaissance artists (Donatello/Michelangelo/Rodin/Raphael/da Vinci, respectively) in their REM. I'd kind of like to see PAD's take on them, as well.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 05:52:59 PM »
As far as new stuff goes, I'd kinda like to see a new series of gods from a different mythology. Aztec gods would be pretty rad, and the Yoruba Orisha are pretty neat too...

While i would love to field the likes of Quetzalcoatl i think the names of the Aztec pantheon would be a NIGHTMARE in japanese  :] (not that in our alphabet they are much easier....)

Composers would be cool but my secret wish is a collab with World of Warcraft.... i would kiss my wallet goodbye for Arthas and Medivh *_*

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 06:02:42 PM »
the only REM stuff I care about are things that would make good subs for Isis :V

and maybe some collabsvocaloidpls

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »
So far I'm 7/12 +s, which is good but not great. But more important is what they have allowed me to do:

SHE IS COMPLETE!

I debated a little about who to work on next. Maybe Echidna, since she does go on a lot of teams. But if I ever get Sun Quan she's out of blue healers, so maybe not. Maybe Siren, since she's been on the team the longest aside from Valk. Maybe Zhuge, but his team is barely even started. Of course the right answer was Gabe. He's getting promoted to primary leader soon anyway, so he should get the honor.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 06:33:55 PM »
While i would love to field the likes of Quetzalcoatl i think the names of the Aztec pantheon would be a NIGHTMARE in japanese  :] (not that in our alphabet they are much easier....

They're not that difficult either which way if you just take a minute to practice pronouncing them

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »
So I got back from school early today and remembered that PDX was down earlier. Now I know why.

Seems they tried to sneak in another JP-only feature to us. GungNA is really amping it up.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 07:18:05 PM »
So I got back from school early today and remembered that PDX was down earlier. Now I know why.

Seems they tried to sneak in another JP-only feature to us. GungNA is really amping it up.

JP got guerilla hera/zeus descents right after the new roman ults were out too, most likely to let people get the evolve materials.
Afterwards, most of the time the guerillas weres condition descents, which make absolutely no sense because it's difficult to find friends to use in just one hour. You pretty much have to rely on people you actually know and ask them to put something out for you. =_=||