Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139870 times)

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #390 on: July 11, 2011, 06:16:56 AM »
I can't unlock Imperishable Shooting ;_;
I also lost my last life to Hourai Doll -_-

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #391 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:59 AM »
Are you using the Vsync patch? If you are, then make sure no bullets are anywhere near you next time you try that.

Only just noticed this now :v No, I'm not. I'm playing on a laptop so it's probably more to do with the 3 keys pressed down at once scenario. Never a problem when I press the arrow keys, but it doesn't seem to be able to keep track of when I press the X key as well as any of the others.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:15:52 PM by Glimmery15 »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #392 on: July 11, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »
...failed a capture of Kokurri-san's Contract and Izuna Gongen each with one second left...

« Reply #393 on: July 12, 2011, 09:04:11 PM »
I dunno if this is to be considered a failure or some sort of odd accomplishment but since this certainly isn't a new thing for me, i'll just put it here. I did another, (how many is it now? 7-8 i think) 1DNB battle with Shou. This time I failed at Radiant Treasure Gun. Right at the end of the card. Because I sat still like a fucking retard completely dazzled by the bullets cause' they look pretty.

Captured everything else and at no higher than 2xx power too. There is something mean about that Shou. She knows her stage is worse than reading old danish poems that makes sense to absolutely fucking no one while she herself is fun and thus forces me to go through that nonsense that holds exactly two parts with difficulty and a whole lot other ones only there to provide fodder for score runners. Or kill those devoid of fingers, I don't know what ZUN was trying to accomplish with it. The notion of trying to better myself at it isn't gonna do me much good when I know the entire thing inside out. I can't even think of a way to optimize my scoring in that area. - That doesn't involve some sort of grazewhoring bullshit.

Tbh, UFO is one of the better Touhou games. But its kinda like Megaman X6 good. It has some awesome ideas and cool music but its certainly counterweighted by a relentless tide of tedious bullshit. Well, I've said my piece. I will get that tiger one day, I swear. And after her, I'll have no excuse but to go after Byakuren.

tl;dr - Shou is fucking evil but I like that evilness. Stage is fucking boring though. UFO is kinda like Megaman X6. Another barely failed perfect battle. Yadayadayada

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #394 on: July 13, 2011, 09:40:15 PM »
I HATE Capsizing Anchor.  I can't get anywhere because of that.  It doesn't matter how many lives I manage to collect she's just going to take them all with in 15 seconds.  And of course Nue/Nameless Ball of Light thinks I need a Bomb instead of a 1-Up.  I managed to capture every card up to that point just to die 3 times to that one card, again.  I can capture Deep Vortex pretty consistently now.  And Phantom Ship Harbor isn't has bad, I still panic bomb on it.  Same with Sinker Ghost, except more deliberate bombing.  It's just Capsizing Anchor.

« Reply #395 on: July 13, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »
I'm not entirely sure but I think you need to capture the S4 midboss in order to get the 1up. Or at the very least not die against it.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #396 on: July 13, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »
Yep, you've got to capture it, so you can't even bomb. I'd just treat it like a regular midboss and see if you can get through the pattern. Don't let greed blind you, if you have to bomb, bomb, +/- 0 is better than losing a life.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #397 on: July 13, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »
I can confirm that you need to capture that sequence to get the extra life. However, each of the four waves is a randomly-orienting static pattern (all in the same "style" too), so grind it in Practice, learn it, and love it. Okay, maybe not "love it", but at least learn it.

On-topic: Death on Mokou's fifth nonspell.

For crying out loud. I'm better than that.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #398 on: July 13, 2011, 11:46:20 PM »
I can confirm that you need to capture that sequence to get the extra life. However, each of the four waves is a randomly-orienting static pattern (all in the same "style" too), so grind it in Practice, learn it, and love it. Okay, maybe not "love it", but at least learn it.

It's aimed at your position, and so is the stage six version (which is just a bit faster) :)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #399 on: July 14, 2011, 12:16:29 AM »
Holy crap, I've forgotten just how much of a pain scorerunning SA Stage 1 can be. I don't even know how to do half the stuff in it, but even what I do know has an annoying tendency to kill me. Plus there's the fact I keep dying very early in Stage 2 for some godawful reason. ::)

It's aimed at your position, and so is the stage six version (which is just a bit faster) :)
I'm pretty sure it's not. But either way, it's still mostly memo.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #400 on: July 15, 2011, 12:30:17 AM »
UFO extra stage because I just sorta gave up on GFW and DS is DS. The stage I've got down pretty well, including UFO strategy. Summon up one when the 4 (5?) death fairies are about to douse you with bullets, and shoot it down when the second wave comes. But Kogasa has 3 of the most annoying spell cards for a stage like this. The hitbox on her first is ridiculous, let alone how easy it is to get pinned and how difficult it is to get out of getting pinned. The second is downright unpredictable save that the hole you were about to dodge through closes up. The third just makes my eyes hurt after several laser volleys. Meanwhile, 4 or 5 of Nue's first 6 cards are gimme's, and then they get rough if you aren't right on the ball.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #401 on: July 15, 2011, 01:53:30 AM »
Just keep trying, UFO extra isn't all that hard. If you can get the stage down then you're already 2/3 there. Nue's only cards that are really problematic are her last card, her survival and IMO Rainbow UFOs.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #402 on: July 15, 2011, 03:05:40 AM »

« Reply #403 on: July 15, 2011, 08:35:52 PM »
WHY  :colonveeplusalpha:
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #404 on: July 15, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »
Played CtC Blind and fcked the penultimate spell of Reimu. FUUUU on normal.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #405 on: July 16, 2011, 09:19:10 AM »
I went ahead and tried to pacifist UFO Hard Stage 4.
It was fun.
I captured Nue.
I died a few times to the stage, but it was still hella fun.
I shot Murasa a few times because I use Z to actually read the conversations.
I failed Floundering Anchor (because it's a timeout lol)
I failed Sinkable Vortex (because timeout lol) actually this was really hard and insane and hella fun. I like this card a lot now.
I died to whatever her third card is.
I died to Dipper Creeping Closer at the very last second.

And I forgot to save the replay.

« Reply #406 on: July 16, 2011, 10:58:16 AM »
So I'm failing epically at trying to no-death PCB Extra. What the hell, I already have no-death Phantasm, and I'm struggling at Extra?

This makes something like 50 failed attempts now. My last one? "YES I BEAT UNILATERAL CONTACT! THREE BOMBS LEFT! NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!"

(dies to Shikigami "Chen")

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  :colonveeplusalpha:

« Reply #407 on: July 17, 2011, 02:13:00 AM »
Eff you EoSD Reimu A. Eff you and your weak shot power. I would have gotten that 1cc if you had just been the TINIEST BIT STRONGER. Why did I have to die RIGHT AS REMILIA WAS EXPLODING?! And by RUNNING INTO A BULLET, of all things!!

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
« Reply #408 on: July 17, 2011, 04:47:05 AM »
Eff you EoSD Reimu A. Eff you and your weak shot power. I would have gotten that 1cc if you had just been the TINIEST BIT STRONGER. Why did I have to die RIGHT AS REMILIA WAS EXPLODING?! And by RUNNING INTO A BULLET, of all things!!

The exact same thing has happened to me before. I had extra lives though so I laughed instead of raged.

« Reply #409 on: July 17, 2011, 05:52:40 PM »
The exact same thing has happened to me before. I had extra lives though so I laughed instead of raged.

Heh, if I hadn't derped twice on Metal Fatigue then maybe things would have gone that way instead.

On another note, I just got Perfect Cherry Blossom. Ghosts, half-phantoms and a certain trumpet-playing poltergeist can go to hell.

Athrel

« Reply #410 on: July 17, 2011, 05:57:20 PM »
On another note, I just got Perfect Cherry Blossom. Ghosts, half-phantoms and a certain trumpet-playing poltergeist can go to hell.

But then they'll be there to plague you while you play Subterranean Animism

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #411 on: July 18, 2011, 03:22:21 AM »
Curvy lasers.
That is all.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #412 on: July 18, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »
Wriggle on lunatic drives me insane. It's not because it's hard, no, in fact, it's because it's way too fucking easy. I always do some stupid mistakes at Keine/Marisa/Kaguya which means i have to restart, which in turn means that I have to do that god damn WRIGGLE STAGE again and hear that annoying WRIGGLE MUSIC. Fucking wriggle.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #413 on: July 18, 2011, 06:24:13 PM »
> Okay guys you have twenty minutes before the bell.
Reimu A Phantasm go!
> Watch your time guys.
- ...(begins Boundary of Humans and Youkai)
> bell rings

Fffffffffff

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
« Reply #414 on: July 18, 2011, 10:20:17 PM »
Helix danmaku is fucking evil
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

A
« Reply #415 on: July 18, 2011, 11:35:44 PM »
Why is Petit Flare so hard on EASY ? I can capture it consistently on both Normal and Hard, and it doesn't give me lot of trouble on Lunatic, but the easy conterpart has ruined three perfect runs in a row... >> It just fells like the bullet's hitoboxes are ten times bigger, or they like to wall me. X____x"
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
Re: A
« Reply #416 on: July 19, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »
Why is Petit Flare so hard on EASY ? I can capture it consistently on both Normal and Hard, and it doesn't give me lot of trouble on Lunatic, but the easy conterpart has ruined three perfect runs in a row... >> It just fells like the bullet's hitoboxes are ten times bigger, or they like to wall me. X____x"
The question is, if you are good enough to play on lunatic, why are you bothering with easy?

Re: A
« Reply #417 on: July 19, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »

I don't think the hitboxes are larger. If you are playing on Easy mode, which I have no idea why you are doing, just move around them entirely. They cannot form walls on you that you cannot get past or move around and they move incredibly slowly here.

« Reply #418 on: July 19, 2011, 02:41:23 PM »
Wriggle on lunatic drives me insane. It's not because it's hard, no, in fact, it's because it's way too fucking easy. I always do some stupid mistakes at Keine/Marisa/Kaguya which means i have to restart, which in turn means that I have to do that god damn WRIGGLE STAGE again and hear that annoying WRIGGLE MUSIC. Fucking wriggle.

I know the feeling, only on Normal rather than Lunatic. Speaking of which, why the hell am I once again dying to things I've already practiced the crap out of. As if it's not bad enough I've had to jack up my starting lives in an attempt to get round the fact that ZUN will only allow me to practice stage 6B after I've proven I don't blinking need to, I then die to crap like Keine's non-spells, Ephemerality 137, and Stardust Reverie of all things, the only blasted spell card Marisa has that I can capture with anything resembling consistency. I'm getting somewhat sick to the back teeth of practicing stuff only to do worse on a proper run, or to die to stuff I should breeze past with my eyes closed!

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #419 on: July 19, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »
I'm getting somewhat sick to the back teeth of practicing stuff only to do worse on a proper run, or to die to stuff I should breeze past with my eyes closed!

I can definitely relate to this, only with a slightly different flavor due to it being Extra Stage...I've seen some of these cards like a hundred times or more...WHY can't I seem to consistently get them!?

(PCB Extra, more specifically relating to Charming Siege and Princess Tenko.  Even though I know HOW to do them, I just seem to jack em up someplace...)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!