Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139879 times)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2011, 10:59:53 PM »
I seemed to have forgotten how to do Water Elf  ??? Seriously, I used to have 90% capture rate on it (on Hard anyways), then one day it seems like I can't do it at all.

Also, is it just me or are amulets bigger in UFO than they are in, say, IN? Nue's non-spells seem surprisingly clippy for some reason.

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2011, 11:53:25 PM »
I hate UFO. I can't believe I lost 4 lives on Stage 3

I can. I managed to lose 5 once.

Also goddamnit Shou screw you and your goddamn spinning green laser bullshit.

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2011, 12:32:26 AM »
If you're going for a first 1cc, you should be bombing Vajra if you have a bomb in stock. I autobombed it on my Lunatic one even though I had a chance of capturing it, I just didn't want to risk it. I went for the capture when I did my Hard run a while back and panic bombed after dodging something too. Lunatic, didn't want to risk ramming a bullet are getting slammed by the laser.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2011, 03:56:49 AM »
Lunatic Stage 3 Midboss Ichirin

I can capture this spell!
*dies*
Well at least I wont have to...
*dies again*
well maybe ill get to
*DEATH*
THIS GAME IS RIDICULOUS.  DODGING SKILLS WHERE?  :colonveeplusalpha:
2lazy2createbettersig

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2011, 04:55:48 AM »
Lunatic Stage 3 Midboss Ichirin

I can capture this spell!
*dies*
Well at least I wont have to...
*dies again*
well maybe ill get to
*DEATH*
THIS GAME IS RIDICULOUS.  DODGING SKILLS WHERE?  :colonveeplusalpha:
Hello me, but on normal. Just ragequited the game. SanaeB = no freakin power at all. She takes way too long to kill stuff. (I'm not playing Marisa yet because she doesn't like me)

And those many deaths for me are Murasa's last spell and Byakuren's last spell. I swear Murasa's last spell is just too slow on normal at the beginning. I can't get into any rhythm there at all. (bomb spam it)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2011, 05:02:35 AM »
Hello me, but on normal. Just ragequited the game. SanaeB = no freakin power at all. She takes way too long to kill stuff. (I'm not playing Marisa yet because she doesn't like me)

And those many deaths for me are Murasa's last spell and Byakuren's last spell. I swear Murasa's last spell is just too slow on normal at the beginning. I can't get into any rhythm there at all. (bomb spam it)

Have you tried reimu-a?  A pretty good bomb along with a strong forward.  But you may have to relearn stages cuz you dont have a spread shot =/.  I remember sanae-b being awesome on normal though b/c it was so easy to gather ufos, but i dunno it's your choice after all.  also yeah i find both of those spells difficult on normal as well.  so uh hang in there im sure you'll get it eventually.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:08:42 AM by ShadyK »
2lazy2createbettersig

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2011, 05:37:33 AM »
Have you tried reimu-a?  A pretty good bomb along with a strong forward.  But you may have to relearn stages cuz you dont have a spread shot =/.  I remember sanae-b being awesome on normal though b/c it was so easy to gather ufos, but i dunno it's your choice after all.  also yeah i find both of those spells difficult on normal as well.  so uh hang in there im sure you'll get it eventually.
I have played as ReimuA. Just yesterday and the night before, I cleared UFO normal with both of them, and SanaeA. Haven't gotten the other three yet. My favorites in that game are probably ReimuA and SanaeA, as they are pretty powerful. I'm just sucking more with Sanae because I'm so very used to playing as Reimu in most of the games. (space PCB, I play Sakuya)

At least SanaeB trivializes Kogasa's first boss spell, where as most other shot types don't.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2011, 06:29:56 AM »
Annoyed with how slow Reimu moves in PCB.  ReimuB is practially designed for easy 1CC behind SakuyaA (who can't bomb past the Prismrivers if shit hits the fan)

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
Annoyed with how slow Reimu moves in PCB.  ReimuB is practially designed for easy 1CC behind SakuyaA (who can't bomb past the Prismrivers if shit hits the fan)

lol same here. That's the only thing keeping me from 1ccing Lunatic PCB

oh, btw, hai guiz i'm gonna leave this here because lol.
LOL SUPER FAIL AT FLANDRE. NOT ONLY DID I FAIL SO FUCKING BAD AT EASY CRANBERRY TRAP, HER SECOND CARD THINGY, AND THE BEGINNING OF ATTWBN, I EVEN CAPTURED MAZE OF LOVE, STARBOW BREAK, HER BOUNCY BUBBLE CARD THINGY, AND MAZE OF LOVE. :flandretrollface:

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2011, 03:26:21 AM »
I have played as ReimuA. Just yesterday and the night before, I cleared UFO normal with both of them, and SanaeA. Haven't gotten the other three yet. My favorites in that game are probably ReimuA and SanaeA, as they are pretty powerful. I'm just sucking more with Sanae because I'm so very used to playing as Reimu in most of the games. (space PCB, I play Sakuya)

At least SanaeB trivializes Kogasa's first boss spell, where as most other shot types don't.
oh i gotcha.  also try marisa-b i herd shes a pretty good shottype  :V You do know about the shotgun with sanae-b right?  Imma assume you do and with that good luck.  Now for my obligatory ufo rage of the day.  Why can't my skills in practice run translate over to when im doing a real run?  Stupid stage 3... then again that might be because i tried a ufo path that wasn't very good for me >.> Well i usually see improvement once i change up a thing or two so maybe ill actually have progress!
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2011, 07:22:02 AM »
Who do I have to sleep with to get a 2 billion score in IN extra?! Seriously, I've managed a playthroughs with 1 life lost and 10 captures, ALL captures but 2 lives lost and so on, but the highest I keep getting is 1.9. It's sooooooooooo annoying?
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2011, 10:38:46 AM »
Dammit, why the hell can't I dodge with Magic Team? The spells are easy enough, its the shottype! I swear it!
And Demon Binding Ring has got to be one of the most annoying things with that team. It takes forever because I get that little time under them.

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2011, 03:26:37 PM »
Tried some IN earlier. Was completely sucking at everything. Failed all sorts of grazing stuff, only had like 3 spare lives after Keine from all the screw ups. Proceeded to ragequit.

Tried some Byakuren and still haven't captured her last card.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »
Dammit, why the hell can't I dodge with Magic Team? The spells are easy enough, its the shottype! I swear it!
And Demon Binding Ring has got to be one of the most annoying things with that team. It takes forever because I get that little time under them.

For me, it's Reimu's freaking nonspells.  Everything except Fantasy Seal -Spread- is fairly simple (or at least on Easy and Normal Modo), but I really struggle getting Alice to be able to stay underneath Reimu to handle the nonspells, which are way harder, IMO.

« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2011, 06:35:44 PM »
For me, it's Reimu's freaking nonspells.  Everything except Fantasy Seal -Spread- is fairly simple (or at least on Easy and Normal Modo), but I really struggle getting Alice to be able to stay underneath Reimu to handle the nonspells, which are way harder, IMO.
My issue was getting a good stage, since it's hard to PoC with the waves those fairies with circling familiars on both sides... Especially the ones where there's 2 waves of them in a row.  I ended up just giving up without even submitting an easy score.  With Reimu's nonspells, just stalk her with Marisa and switch into Alice before yin-yang orbs hit you.  It's much easier than Marisa solo, where those orbs make her nonspells pretty much a bomb-through for me (even on easy D=).

« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »
The non-spells? Those are easy enough for me. Bullets may be a bit fast but the gaps are large so I don't get many deaths because I run into stuff.

And yeah Chirpy the stage is also the main source of my trouble. Its an outright embodiment of a situation that literally just screams "you can't cover both sides at once, border team can pick those next time" that the game is filled with.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2011, 10:25:02 PM »
Guess who keeps messing up against Mokou's and her Hourai Doll with Border Team :c Also, if I didn't derp on Honest Man's Death, I could've had at least 7 Spell Card captures that run

Just watch, I'll clear IN Extra.

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2011, 10:52:01 PM »
How do you essentially perfect stage 1-3 and then wipe on the Prismriver sisters?
Also - I chose Lunasa because her nonspells are way easier (on easy)

In my defense, I was playing on the bus.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2011, 04:01:37 AM »
Every single fucking bullet must've shot me atleast once today.

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2011, 04:33:18 AM »
Definitely run some stage 4 practice then.  Let her stalk you clockwise, let waves pass by you while they're still slow, and just keep moving between corners  The last 10 seconds of that card are where you should be having your troubles, since that's when she starts moving faster than you can run laps.  Byakuren's last spell... Well, I can understand that one >_>.  I've only captured it once myself *double checks* never myself.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2011, 04:56:12 AM »
Grrr why does normal Byakuren's 4th nonspell have to be more difficult than Genetics of Subconscious?
Oh, and LFS normal capture rate... 0/40.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2011, 06:16:39 AM »
I've only faced Byakuren on Easy, but, is that the one that moves around?  I hate it too.  I just bomb past it, because fuck that shit.

LFS looks easy, and it isn't super easy, but I hate how sometimes the colors of the bullets blends into the background.

« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2011, 06:03:39 PM »
exams....must finish gaaaaah, fail touhou play at phantasm~ ah well...must wait about 2 weeks -.-....damn rust is invading my body!

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2011, 07:27:19 PM »
exams....must finish gaaaaah, fail touhou play at phantasm~ ah well...must wait about 2 weeks -.-....damn rust is invading my body!

Screw exams, Touhou is much more important! I dragged myself out of bed today even though I'm ill because I wanted to get past the Oni stage on double spoiler :V

Speaking of which, OH MY GOD Suika! Failed hard on Large speck in needle hell -_-
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2011, 08:43:58 PM »
Screw exams, Touhou is much more important! I dragged myself out of bed today even though I'm ill because I wanted to get past the Oni stage on double spoiler :V

Speaking of which, OH MY GOD Suika! Failed hard on Large speck in needle hell -_-
Next stage says hi screw you.
Reason why I haven't gotten anywhere in it.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:26 PM »
Marisa is too fat.

That is all.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2011, 09:00:36 PM »
Next stage says hi screw you.
Reason why I haven't gotten anywhere in it.

Just started it after capturing Adamant helix and the curvy laser one.

NOOO SHOU! WHY?! Also why 7 photos?! *Instadeath*
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2011, 12:00:19 AM »
Just started it after capturing Adamant helix and the curvy laser one.

NOOO SHOU! WHY?! Also why 7 photos?! *Instadeath*
Goddamnit now I'm playing it.
Also, I was wrong about that stage screwing you over. It's 8-_ that does that.
Spoiler:
Okuu :c

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2011, 12:08:33 AM »
So I go for my MarisaB UFO Normal to have all characters right?  Not only am I completely unable to dodge, but I am completely unable to see the bullet that hit me.  And it didn't just happen once.  Nope, not twice either.  I think it was... seven times?  Plus all the deaths where I DID see the bullets and got hit anyway.  Last life lost to stage 6 Nue.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2011, 12:43:29 AM »