Author Topic: Question regarding Fantasy Maiden Wars  (Read 5258 times)

Question regarding Fantasy Maiden Wars
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:55:04 PM »
So I've completed the game in english. I have Mystic, but there is no english patch yet ( And honestly, there doesn't seem like there will be one for awhile.) so is it possible that I can use my english save file of Scarlet on the japanese mystic? If so, how do I do that?

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Re: Question regarding Fantasy Maiden Wars
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:41:00 AM »
You can do that.
Just copy the savefile into the savefolder for Mystic. It will then ask you if you want to use a cleared file from Scarlet when you start a new game. It's pretty straightforward.

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 02:55:26 AM »
Pretty much what Yookie said. I hope there will be an English patch in the future.
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 04:12:36 AM »
Thanks for the responses.

Hopefully it will be translated soon, I'm craving more FMW!

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 06:06:56 AM »
Well I might as well ask the whole lot since this topic is here.

For the first game, I have a game complete save for Reimu, a separate one for Marisa, and a separate one for Sakuya. Which one is the one I should use?

(My order of completion is Marisa, Reimu, Sakuya)

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 11:29:43 AM »
You will be stuck with the main character from the previous file if you carry over.
Reimu has some easier chapters in terms of WP bonuses (that is, if you aren't the type of person who likes to rush missions) but Marisa gets to see some interesting people. ~
With both story arcs you will roughly be going around with one half of the group for about the first half/third.

It's up to you. If I remember correctly Reimu gets one item that Marisa doesn't (don't know right now if Marisa gets something else) but that should not influence your decision since it is nothing gamebreaking. (It's definitely no Oshirasama ~)

Oh, and you cannot carry over with Sakuya's story or files in which you didn't play through the entire story.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 09:33:03 PM »
You get a few different items from the route splits and you can get a fairly mediocre character earlier on Marisa's path but really you should just go with whoever you like more.

Sakuya doesn't have a story in this game but carrying over a clear save gives the SDM crew a free upgrade in each slot.

achicken

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 05:46:02 AM »
Oh damn, I thought there *should* be a point in the Sakuya savefile. Good thing I haven't really got so deep in yet. Thanks :3

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 12:19:47 AM »
I didn't want to make another thread to ask a question but is there a script text file available for tMystic?

achicken

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 01:43:35 PM »
The closest to a script file is basically Professor_Prof's playthrough of the game. Unfortunately, Photobucket's marked all his screenshots.

http://prof.dreamwidth.org/177090.html