Author Topic: Bad quality when Windowed  (Read 1440 times)

Bad quality when Windowed
« on: October 01, 2012, 02:54:27 PM »
I've just got my new laptop which is much faster, and I can finally play windowed without lag. But when I use higher resolutions, the game becomes squarish and horrible (not that much, but I'm too rigorous when it comes to quality :V), with both vpatch in older games and the native higher sizes in newer ones. So, is something else missing from my OS, or do I need a better size-increasing program that would replace both vpatch and the native increased sizes from config.exe?

Sorry if this question is dumb, I've always played fullscreen due to lack of performance. :V

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: Bad quality when Windowed
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »
The games do look bad if you stretch them beyond 640x480, because they aren't meant for that size, technically. (and fullscreen is still 640x480) There isn't really a way around that that I know of, since all that's happening is the game window is being stretched.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »
Hmm, that sucks. Well, do anyone else (Drake?) know if it's possible to force AntiAliasing or something?

Drake

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 10:15:25 PM »
Disable Windows Aero and see how that affects it.

I built a computer a while ago and the graphics card didn't like Touhou either, so it may just be inevitable. It is pretty bad when the scaling screws up, especially on high resolutions, so hopefully this isn't the case. Windows Aero does seem to screw with Touhou sometimes so try getting rid of it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »
Well, the problem with Aero mostly happens on older Touhous like EoSD and PCB, but I use TD for testing since it changes to Aero Basic automatically, and the quality still sucks (but at least it still runs smooth). Tried the classic horrible theme and it didn't help. Well, gotta get back to fullscreen I guess. But thanks for the support.