Author Topic: Can't hold down 3 keys at once  (Read 6121 times)

Can't hold down 3 keys at once
« on: July 19, 2009, 05:31:07 PM »
I can't hold down fire and move down/left at the same time. This is extremely frustrating and makes it essentially impossible to play. I was fine on my EEEPC but for some reason when I get my big laptop back, it has a worse keyboard.

Is there any way to work around this? This is the biggest load of crap.

This is with all Touhou games. I don't tend to get this problem say playing TF2. If I could change the controls completely maybe to using WASD and mouse it'd work better but it doesn't seem to let you do that. IN won't let me change the controls at all and MoF doesn't even have an option to change direction keys.

Would I be best off getting a gamepad and what kind should I get.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:36:19 PM by Rosie Rune »

AM

• You just ate!
Re: Can't hold down 3 keys at once
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 06:29:37 PM »
Get an external USB-keyboard or a gamepad (logitech rumblepads are nice).

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 06:31:29 PM »
If you want to keep using the keyboard, you could get a Keyboard Remapper (I use one ever since my up arrow broke).

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 12:20:29 AM »
I can't hold down fire and move down/left at the same time.
What AM said.  This is a rollover problem, your keyboard only has small amount of keys it'll register as "pressed" simultaneously.  You usually don't see this issue much with external keyboards ('though I have a Saitek Eclipse that has about a 3-key rollover), laptops are hit or miss.  The keyboard on my expensive Asus "gaming" laptop has only maybe a 2-3 key rollover, depending on the keys (including the same fire+down+left problem).

So yeah, either get a good USB keyboard (check it's rollover before you buy), or a controller.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 09:09:34 PM »
That's ridiculously shit technology when you think about it. I do have an external keyboard but that's a bit much. When I get a proper set up I'll use my screen and keyboard for everything.

I might get a USB connector for my PS2 controller.

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »
I tried using the controller and t's still uncomfortable... I'll have to use a remapper.