Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online  (Read 207520 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online
« Reply #990 on: March 07, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »
That game has blue, purple and i think green bullets too you know?  :V

Oh, I know, just making a half-assed joke. The main point is if Touhou's gameplay draw is the patterns, then I expect the bullets to be pretty to look at. I don't want flat, ordinary, oh-look-it's-these-bullets-again bullets.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #991 on: March 07, 2012, 10:59:51 PM »
I get you. Touhou's patterns are pretty appealing. At least the late generation ones.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #992 on: March 07, 2012, 11:43:01 PM »
If I wanted to dodge monotone waves of pink bullets I'd play DDP.

Sometimes I do play that (I don't has the moneys to buy Fukkatsu or Mushihimesama Futari, so I'm stuck with what games my cousin got me for my birthday, which would be Touhou games 6-12.8, and I somehow got my grandfather out of Paypal Paranoia and got him to buy 13 for me, which I regret partially), and I still hate it for how monotonous it is.

EDIT:

Spoiler:
OH GOD IT'S SO FUNNY AND WHEN I SAY FUNNY I MEAN FUN-NY TO LOSE AT SUBTERRANEAN ANIMISM'S EXTRA STAGE REPEATEDLY

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE HAD TO RESTART FROM DYING ON THE BIG FAIRY SECTION BECAUSE I'M SUCH A POWER-GRABBING WHORE? IF THERE WERE A COUNTER FOR EVERY SINGLE PLOTTED EVENT IN A STAGE, I'D BE WAY UP INTO THE THOUSANDS AREA FOR REIMU A.

OH OH THEN THERE'S THE AMOUNT OF FUCKING TIMES I'VE DIED TO THE EIGHT-DIRECTION KUNAI FAIRIES BECAUSE I KEEP FUCKING GETTING CLIPPED WHILE TRANSITIONING TO THE NEXT FAIRY BECAUSE LIKE BEFORE I'M A POWER-GRABBING WHORE.

LET'S NOT FORGET THE THIRD CARD FROM SANAE THAT I -REFUSE- TO SAFESPOT BECAUSE I CAN NEVER REMEMBER WHERE THAT SAFESPOT IS (Exact location). I CAPTURE IT ABOUT AS OFTEN AS THE AVERAGE TOUHOU PLAYER CAPTURES MERLIN'S FIRST NONSPELL ON THEIR CURRENT DIFFICULTY AVERAGE, I COULD TELL YOU THIS:

Read the above for whining about SA's Extra Stage

Honestly, I hate the Extra Stages of everything past Mountain of Faith. UFO's Extra Stage is annoying, SA's is unfair as fuck compared to the others (Ancestors Standing Beside Your Bed is KOISHI'S FIRST CARD), and TD is a bitch, playing the "LOLOLOLOL NO RESOURCES GAIZ" card.

I think ZUN should go back to the fun, less "KOISHI WILL EAT YOUR SOUL wwwwwwww" Extra Stages. I liked EoSD because it had its own little brand of gameplay without any god damn gimmicks and that played well in the extra stage, same with PCB though its gimmick was little to nothing, practically made the game easier, And IN doesn't pull dick moves with its gimmicks. The most it ever does is make it so that you can't gain time points. Big whoop, they were just gimmicks that altered scoring. Same with MoF, nothing GAMEPLAY-INTENSIVE and I could say the same with SA, though its extra stage is still a dick move by ZUN.

Now for the two gimmick games that hate you.

UFO has the UFO system, which means that unless you want to go into a hard Extra Boss with less resources than what you get in TD, you have to chase UFOs though dense bullets, then dance like a fucktard against that retarded umbrella, then more fairies (I FUCKING HATE FAIRIES except for Cirno), then an annoying lion snake thing in the form of a teenage goth girl with six wings that will blow the fuck out of your shit anyway.

TD has not only the fact that its arrow bullets are dicks when in clumps (WHERE ARE THE HITBOXES), it's like trying to go into a stack of needles to find one shred of hay, but THEN, THEN we get to the fact that YOSHIKA LOVES BLOCKING AND ASSISTING SEIGA NYANNYAN KAKU WITH ATTACKS IN ANNOYING FUCKING WAYS KNOWN AS SLOW FUCKING BULLETS. I'll admit, for this game I will understand WHY ZUN made it so that every time you gained a life off of spirits, you would need more for the next and so on and so forth, but CAP THE FUCKING DEMAND NUMBERS DO YOU KNOW HOW STUPID IT IS TO MAKE SOMEONE GO AFTER SIXTEEN SPIRITS FOR ONE LIFE (Lunatic players for this game may agree with me on this.)? Another problem: Why does Yoshika have the ability to absorb her own fucking spirits to recover life? Is that just ZUN trying to be a jerk?

Rant over. I'd like to enjoy my 85 minutes before I have to go to bed in a good enough way that I can fully get over failing like an absolute fucktard.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:36:04 AM by Esupanitix »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #993 on: March 08, 2012, 03:08:53 PM »
Last. :smug:

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #994 on: March 08, 2012, 05:30:27 PM »
Post-last. 8)
Let's fight.