Author Topic: Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54863 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:24:24 PM »
>You are Iku Nagae, Gensokyo's premier messenger and dancer, and the sky has fallen!  Related to this, you have had a terrible, no good, awful, very bad day yesterday, and are having another one today.
>You do not know how, or why, but Bhava-Arga has fallen from the sky and now hovers scant yards over the surface of Gensokyo. This has caused numerous problems. On top of this, Tenshi has run off after stealing the Sword of Hisou. This has made her a primary suspect in the eyes of many. including yourself at one point. You've since proven her innocence on the matter.
>You are an oarfish youkai in service to the Dragon Palace. As a resident of Bhava-Agra, you bear a status similar to that of a Celestial, and are considered a minor functionary in the Celestial Bureaucracy that makes certain the known universe runs as it should, with all the rights privileges, and duties that come with this position. You are in the service of The Dragon, who reigns quietly as the highest god of this realm, and is among the highest beings in the universe. It regards you well, and you think of it as a guardian.
>While your duties and position suggest your place is in Bhava-Agra, you have a tendency to roam to other places. You somewhat blame this on Tenshi Hinanai, whom you have unfortunately been charged with keeping out of significant trouble, and her tendency to visit Gensokyo whenever possible. You are well-know for your love of dance, and excellence in performing it; oftentimes you've been asked to star in performances given at the Dragon Palace. Others have styled you the Dance Empress, particularly those who would try to claim that title for themselves. You are, as far as you know, well regarded by everyone you know and are welcome practically anywhere in Gensokyo, save perhaps for Higan. The only real black spot in your days is periodically having to deal with Tenshi's chicanery.
>You have been tasked by The Dragon in dealing with this incident. You have taken some stock of the damage surrounding the fall. You have found that Bhava-Agra's food supply has been badly affected by these events; you defeated a tsuchinoko on Minoirko's behalf in hopes of alleviating this. You have delivered messages for Patchouli. You have had bad run ins with Marisa and Reimu; and nearly had one with Sanae. You have found Tenshi hiding in the Ancient City, became convinced of her innocence, convinced her to join you, and have had several spats with her. You've done your best to bond with Tenshi, and you've made significant progress in that regard. You've been hearing a lot about a search for some thing called the Brocken Spectre, and learned it is key to the whole issue. You found and rescued Yamame, who was captured by faeries. You've been given a hit list by Yuugi. You've released Aya from prison after a rather confused encounter. You've discovered that the islands of Bhava-Agra do not cast proper shadows; nor does Nitori, who was practically dead to the world before you were able to have her shadow restored. You've found Kogasa has had her shadow stolen very recently, it has since been restored. Yukari has loaned you a very important tool, which you have returned safely! You tried to get a candid photo of Aya, but had problems when she ran from Momiji. Hopefully she will appear at Kourindou this evening. You have learned of a mysterious poltergeist roaming the Forest of Magic, and have deduced that she is both the shadow thief and the Brocken Spectre. You've beaten the Brocken Spectre in combat, then got exilled away to what you believed was the missing shadow of Bhava-Agra. You managed to escape there and end up in Makai, from which you have escaped after several misadventures. You may have convinced Reimu not to come after you! You seem to have even managed to make a connection with the paranoid and isolationist poltergeist and gotten some of the missing shadows restored. You have met with Remilia and managed to get her to agree to release the celestials she has taken prisoner; but what she has asked for in turn may be an issue.

> Nod.
> "I will report this proposal to The August One immediately, then. I will return to this house as soon as I can with The August One's answer, or news of The August One's unavailability, should something have happened that would cause such an undesirable thing."

>"If you are are going this instant," says Remilia, "We would accompany you, and present Our case in person."

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
Re: Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »
>Congratulate the parser on hitting a twelfth topic.
>Also inquire what language the topic number is this time.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:10:42 PM by Quercus Thatguy »

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 02:51:45 PM »
> Raise an eyebrow.
> Look at Sakuya, then at Tenshi, then at Remilia.
> "You would be willing to leave this island unattended for this matter? I cannot guarantee it will be a quick process."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:24:25 PM »
>Congratulate the parser on hitting a twelth topic.

>Aw shucks
> Raise an eyebrow.
> Look at Sakuya, then at Tenshi, then at Remilia.
> "You would be willing to leave this island unattended for this matter? I cannot guarantee it will be a quick process."

>Sakuya seems to be staring at the ceiling at first, but you note her watching things out of the corner of her eye.
>"We are confident that there will be no further mishaps," says Remilia. "It would be foolish of your people to violate our truce, wouldn't you agree?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 03:29:03 PM »
> Frown.
> "...I suppose it would be a shame for yourself and myself to come to blows a second time, yes."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 03:31:22 PM »
> Frown.
> "...I suppose it would be a shame for yourself and myself to come to blows a second time, yes."

>"Quite," says Remilia. "We feel we may leave this island safely."

>Turkish.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 03:40:11 PM »
> Nod.
> "Very well. But as long as your chief assistant is conscious, might I suggest you provide her the details of what happened before we arrived here together, so that she may know why we have discussed what we have and why we will be departing together?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 04:01:22 PM »
> Nod.
> "Very well. But as long as your chief assistant is conscious, might I suggest you provide her the details of what happened before we arrived here together, so that she may know why we have discussed what we have and why we will be departing together?"

>"It is alright," says Sakuya. "I understand that Mistress is satisfied with how things are proceeding, and she would not wish me to strain myself any further trying to comprehend all the details."
>Gives a simple nod, as if Sakuya had recited a bit of poetry to her satisfaction.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 04:29:30 PM »
> "As long as it is now understood that my people were innocent throughout the whole affair, then I am satisfied. But if you are unable to provide a proper explanation of recent events..."
> Look at Remilia.
> "I would recommend acquiring my hat, in the event that the Eldest Daughter awakens while we are away."
> Look back at Sakuya.
> "She will invariably wish to know where her sword is, and with all due respect, given your condition, I wonder if you could fend her off a second time. If you show her my hat, tell her I have been here, am in possession of her sword, and intend to keep it until I return here rather than putting it back in her family's shrine, that should soothe her agitation. At least, it should soothe any agitation in your direction."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:31:02 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 04:33:48 PM »
> "As long as it is now understood that my people were innocent throughout the whole affair, then I am satisfied. But if you are unable to provide a proper explanation of recent events..."
> Look at Remilia.
> "I would recommend acquiring my hat, in the event that the Eldest Daughter awakens while we are away."
> Look back at Sakuya.
> "She will invariably wish to know where her sword is, and with all due respect, given your condition, I wonder if you could fend her off a second time. If you show her my hat, tell her I have been here, am in possession of her sword, and intend to keep it until I return here rather than putting it back in her family's shrine, that should soothe her agitation. At least, it should soothe any agitation in your direction."

>"She is nothing with that sword," says Sakuya.
>It seems like she is going to say more, but Remilia clears her throat, and narrows her eyes.
>"But, it would be a problem as things are," Sakuya says without missing a beat. "Please leave it by the bedside."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »
> Turn back to Remilia.
> "Where is it currently?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 04:43:49 PM »
> Turn back to Remilia.
> "Where is it currently?"

>"Our vassal should still have it," says Remilia. "We shall tell her to drop it off."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »
> Nod.
> "Understood. Shall we depart, then, or is there more you wish to tell your chief assistant first?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 03:03:09 AM »
> Nod.
> "Understood. Shall we depart, then, or is there more you wish to tell your chief assistant first?"

>"We are prepared," says Remilia. She gives Sakuya a sidelong glance. "We are certain our maid knows exactly what We wish her not to do.."
>"Of course, Mistress," says Sakuya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:02 AM »
> Take one last look at Tenshi, then turn back to Remilia.
> "Very well. Let us proceed."
> Exit the house.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 03:11:45 AM »
> Take one last look at Tenshi, then turn back to Remilia.
> "Very well. Let us proceed."
> Exit the house.

>You depart, the vampire following behind you.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 03:16:42 AM »
> Z-Machine history check: in Patchy Quest, did we get Remilia to drop the royal plurals for a while?
> "So which way is it to the current location of the Bhavagran with my hat? Or do you expect to pass them on the way?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 03:53:24 AM »
> Z-Machine history check: in Patchy Quest, did we get Remilia to drop the royal plurals for a while?
> "So which way is it to the current location of the Bhavagran with my hat? Or do you expect to pass them on the way?"

>Not really.
>Remilia looks around, and starts to walk toward one of the celestials cleaning up fallen branches. "Pardon Us, but Our maid requires the messenger's hat now."
>The celestial nods, "I will get it at once."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 10:50:24 AM »
> "Good. That should do neatly. Let us depart."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »
> "Good. That should do neatly. Let us depart."

>"If you would be so kind as to lead the way," says Remilia.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 11:10:08 AM »
> "Of course."
> Take flight and head toward Dragon Palace Island.
> Along the way, turn to Remilia.
> "May I ask you a question? A personal one, rather than a diplomatic one."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 11:40:56 AM »
> "Of course."
> Take flight and head toward Dragon Palace Island.
> Along the way, turn to Remilia.
> "May I ask you a question? A personal one, rather than a diplomatic one."

>You take to the air, and start toward the Palace. You hear Remilia's wings beating against the air behind you. Looking back, it seems she has no problem keeping pace with you.
>"You may," says Remilia.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 12:14:15 PM »
> "I read the Kakashi Spirit News recently, and I learned about what I presume are the circumstances under which you consider the outside world humans enemies. But I also read about a second set of circumstances immediately after that, involving those humans and your house, but also involving Alice Margatroid. What is your take on those second set of circumstances?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 12:27:25 PM »
> "I read the Kakashi Spirit News recently, and I learned about what I presume are the circumstances under which you consider the outside world humans enemies. But I also read about a second set of circumstances immediately after that, involving those humans and your house, but also involving Alice Margatroid. What is your take on those second set of circumstances?"

>"Mmm. Let Us merely say there is a reason why those two may sleep peacefully," says Remilia. "As for Alice, We have decided that she was sufficiently humiliated for the time being."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 12:37:40 PM »
> "I see. Do...do you have any idea why they did what they did? They have not seemed at all like the hyper-aggressive type to me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 12:42:59 PM »
> "I see. Do...do you have any idea why they did what they did? They have not seemed at all like the hyper-aggressive type to me."

>"Oh, We understand all too well," says Remilia. "We might have done much the same in their position."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »
> "What do you mean?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 01:12:33 PM »
> "What do you mean?"

>"We would not expect a lofty being such as yourself to understand such desires," says Remilia.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
> "That is entirely possible. I had theorized that perhaps it was done just to demonstrate that they could do it, that even though they were new to Gensokyo, they were perfectly capable people, a force one overlooks at their own peril. But the idea of taking up residence in an entirely new realm and making it one's first priority to make enemies out of multiple powerful individuals in that realm...such a thought process is boggling. Would a show of force really hold that much appeal?"