Author Topic: Touhou 16 「東方天空璋(とうほうてんくうしょう) ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons」 announced  (Read 294813 times)

The CD cover of the next game has been revealed on ZUN's blog, along with a new character : http://kourindou.exblog.jp/25748283/

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Finally, a new bug-based character!

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
 we barely know anything about her but i aleardy love her
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
we barely know anything about her but i aleardy love her

This.
She's so cute~ I really like her design.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
Dammit... she's cute but she's a butterfly. Time to redesigna character of mine....
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
On that bingo sheet. Shouldn't we check of bugs?  I mean she is one after all
This Space For Rent

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
On that bingo sheet. Shouldn't we check of bugs?  I mean she is one after all

I think "bugs" on the bingo sheet refers to the programming kind of bugs.

Other than that, new 2hu get!
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
What kind of butterfly do you think she is? I wanna say monarch due to the pattern but I'm not sure...

I feel bad now that my own butterfly fc isn't as nice as this, she looks so cute~
A swallowtail.

specifically, seems to be the Asian swallowtail, a most common butterfly species in Japan.

Her skirt is based on cocoons, and the "antennae" on her head is actually an osmeterium, a defensive organ that scares away predators by spitting out a foul odor and looking like a snake's forked tongue.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Her pose and face remind me a lot of the that one fanmade boss created to celebrate a famous japanese singer's birthday

That being said, she's adorable and I love her smile ♥  Here's to hoping all bosses are this cute.

Time to make your bets while you can, everyone, which stage do you think she's the boss of?

Personally I think she's gonna be stage 1's since a -ton- of stage 1 bosses are animal-based.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Precious looking indeed, I like how even her sleeves look like butterflies, haha.  Here's hoping that she won't get forgotten like a certain blue moon bunny

Time to make your bets while you can, everyone, which stage do you think she's the boss of?
Money on stage 1, no way the latter stages bosses are gonna get spoiled, aren't they  :V ? ... not paying if I lose, tho

[...] a defensive organ that scares away predators by spitting out a foul odor and looking like a snake's forked tongue.
Don't ruin the cute plz

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel

My Day Zero attempt. 1.5 hrs, and is past 2am right now  :V

My bet is on Stage 1 Boss too
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:52:49 AM by TheTeff007 »
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Actually iirc DDC's CD had Sekibanki, TD's had Kyouko and UFO's had Kogasa.  So hey, who knows!

CyberAngel

• Retired
Newgirl x Yuyuko instant ship

cuc

Don't ruin the cute plz
Look it up on Youtube, it's quite adorable.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
So it's finally time ;)
And what a cutie that is  :3
ZUN's getting better with this, I love the way he based the design on a real-life animal.

[...]a defensive organ that scares away predators by spitting out a foul odor and looking like a snake's forked tongue.

And now all I can see in my head is her trying to scare the main characters away like a skunk ;)
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
D'awww, a wild new cutie 2hu appears!

Butterfly ---> Butterflies pollinate flowers ---> Yuuka has a new partner.

Well then, obligatory new 2hu name-guessing time! Mine is Utsukushii Chouko (Beautiful Butterfly Girl).
I know, that was completely unoriginal.  :3

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
Damnit I'm late again
IT'S HERE.
She's one cute little butterfly  :3
Chances are that she's the first boss, since her design and her pose look really light-hearted. I'm sure looking forward to her theme now :derp:

Now I'm thinking what name ZUN might've given her. Wriggle is the first insect character in Touhou and has a Western name. According to cuc's insight though, this new character probably has got an Asian/a Japanese name, since her species is likely from the East. Then again, Doremy is based on a Japanese mythological creature and has a Western name, so no one can know for sure what naming shenanigans ZUN's up to again.
Wild speculations ahoy!
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

PK

• Border of Whatever
Rumia's pose
Cirno's blue hair
Actual wings like Mystia
Insect like Wriggle

Team 9 personification.

Hype train choo-choo!

game2011

• mineiptXD
Actually iirc DDC's CD had Sekibanki, TD's had Kyouko and UFO's had Kogasa.  So hey, who knows!
UFO has Nazrin and DDC has Sakuya.

cuc

Now I'm thinking what name ZUN might've given her. Wriggle is the first insect character in Touhou and has a Western name. According to cuc's insight though, this new character probably has got an Asian/a Japanese name, since her species is likely from the East. Then again, Doremy is based on a Japanese mythological creature and has a Western name, so no one can know for sure what naming shenanigans ZUN's up to again.
Wriggle is a Genji firefly, which is also a signature species of Japan.

Doremi's name and appearance are actually a homage to Ptolemy, heroine of Taito's The Fairyland Story. In general, there's no definite pattern to the names.

Predicts: That character will be a total a-grade asshole.

Also, people are going to accuse her of being a rip off of Wriggle and say that ZUN is running out of ideas. Calling it.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
Wriggle is a Genji firefly, which is also a signature species of Japan.

Doremi's name and appearance are actually a homage to Ptolemy, heroine of Taito's The Fairyland Story. In general, there's no definite pattern to the names.
Oh, I see. It's interesting how ZUN gives Western (sounding) names to characters whose species are based on Japanese mythological or real life species. I wonder what kinda reason that might have. Also I didn't even hear about Doremy's name having that reference, thanks for the info  :3

I think that this character might get a pretty simple sounding name, as for most stage 1 bosses (given if she's one).

Also, people are going to accuse her of being a rip off of Wriggle and say that ZUN is running out of ideas. Calling it.
Woah hold your horses there. It's too early for that. We don't know anything about her aside her appearance and her being one of the first three bosses. Maybe it's her being an insect and having a haircut similar to Wriggle's, but that still doesn't mean anything. Let's see what the game will tell us about her. At least she doesn't look like a boy
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:43:56 PM by Jimmy »
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

the feel when ZUN himself spoils you the character designs

welp we are only like 30 hours away from playing it, right?

game2011

• mineiptXD
She sort of is already for someone I've met.  He has a fear of butterflies and moths...

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Actually iirc DDC's CD had Sekibanki

Mmm, no, sorry, DDC's demo disc had Sakuya. The other two are right though.

Drake

ZUN: I had prepared all the data, so I burned it to a CD to test install on another PC, and then I realized. I didn't make a freaking icooon. I never notice until the very end.

lol

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

game2011

• mineiptXD
Mmm, no, sorry, DDC's demo disc had Sakuya. The other two are right though.

I'm very sure UFO's is Nazrin.

UFO trial had Nazrin on the CD. The full version has Kogasa.

cuc

So NicoNico has started a programme called "Touhou Station". It will be a "variety show" hosted by Beat Mario, and the first episode will be broadcast tomorrow at 5 PM JST. ZUN will be burning his HSiFS CD-R discs from the show room remotely from somewhere else, and Tasofro will probably show off the AoCF demo.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:34:01 AM by cuc »