Author Topic: Touhou 16 「東方天空璋(とうほうてんくうしょう) ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons」 announced  (Read 294851 times)

The game is based around seasons

soooo

lily white as a midboss possibly?

CyberAngel

• Retired
Seeing Letty again sure would be awesome as well.

Due to popular demand, here's a touhou 16 Bingo.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Destroyed clothes

First i was like "hwat", and then i was like, "oh, so that's they're talking about".

(1) (2) (3).

I swear, i didn't notice it until now. Sagume doesn't even get torn clothes (visible during normal gameplay, it's still in the code).

Drake

Sagume's the only character without torn clothes, so "return of ripped clothes" is kind of a misnomer. Well, Junko too, but probably because he just didn't bother making one for Extra.

predictions

- Unconnected story: Latest VFiS chapter might be somewhat related?
- Focused on gameplay/resources: Probably both, being bonus options and pieces
- Team system: bonus options are assists
(- Enemies bleed season items to fill up gauge)
(- At full gauge get that season's bonus options)

I'm noticing that, considering ways to increase point value besides graze, in Aya's screenshot it looks like there might be faith items. But there certainly aren't a lot of them when ZUN only has an extra 130 and 190 in the other screenshots. Also notice that Aya's screenshot is near the beginning of the stage, Reimu is near the end, and Marisa is at the end. Reimu seems to have full gauge and Autumn, Marisa has full gauge and Winter. Does that suggest the season progression just starts with Spring? Could Reimu switch before the end of stage? Have Reimu and Marisa gained bombs or has Aya just managed to use three right at the beginning?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Drake

Also, not really sure where else to put this, but as some of you may have seen on Twitter, tomorrow is the NicoNico Chokaigi at the Makuhari Messe. There ZUN is distributing this year's Super ZUN Beer: This time he has named it 超東方トリプルシトラスラガー "Super Touhou Triple Citrus Lager". Hiroyuki is also of course participating again with Biere Orange.

Coasters this time:

I wonder what the citrus fruits are? Yuzu, orange, grapefruit? The stuff on the coaster makes it seem like something like that.

Onion

• Classic era Marisa-like entity
  • Failing at Touhou since 2000-something
Positive bits:
  • Spell practice is making a return.
  • New and interesting character design choices.
  • An intention to "return to basics" and seemingly no big gimmick (yet)
Gimmicks only really bother me when it's a new item I have to learn or something (UFOs, I'm looking at you).
I hope for this game that we get more bullet types than LoLK. I miss bubble bullets. They were so fun looking. (;_;)
Please wait warmly. Girls are intentionally leaving this space blank.

Since everybody has these: 1CC PoDD ez, 1CC(?) EoSD ez, PD LoLK, something something HM ULiL

Onion

• Classic era Marisa-like entity
  • Failing at Touhou since 2000-something
Wait! Incoming theory:
Marisa's complaining about it being hot, when often she complains that it's too cold out. This is unlike her, and she's "winter" in this game.
Cirno has a tan, even though she's an Ice fairy (who likely does not need tans). This is unlike her, and she's "summer" in this game.
I don't know about Aya or Reimu, but maybe this game focuses around an incident causing contrary and unusual behavior in people related to the seasons. So, Aki sisters would be Spring, Letty would be summer, and so on.
It's an incident!  :o

End of theory. You may resume your normal lives.
Please wait warmly. Girls are intentionally leaving this space blank.

Since everybody has these: 1CC PoDD ez, 1CC(?) EoSD ez, PD LoLK, something something HM ULiL

Drake

I don't really think so. Marisa and Reimu complain about the weather almost constantly regardless of what it is.

7TC7

• In best company
But that would make it possible for Aya to be spring and Reimu to be fall (as their season gauges might even hint at?) which could be interesting.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
^
Same here.
Even if it's only a demo, the closer the release date gets, the more excited I become  :toot:

Gameplay, plot, new characters, music... so many things to look forward to!
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
on another note....

tomorrow is may...!!!

what the h*ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it doesn't feel like the demo release of th16 in a week either...

but, during that time, i'll be having AP tests and the like... uuuu...
yawn...

Yay, few days left

but, during that time, i'll be having AP tests and the like... uuuu...
AP tests?

AP tests?
Exams taken as part of the "Advanced Placement" (read: College-in-High-School) curriculum.

i'll be having AP tests and the like... uuuu...
Good luck!

Exams taken as part of the "Advanced Placement" (read: College-in-High-School) curriculum.

Oh I see. Goodluck

Anyway, HYPED!!!

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
Good luck!

thank you !! i will try my best.

while i'm suffering through those exams during that week, though, i hope you guys have fun with the demo!!

though, it's on a sunday, so i guess i'll be able on playing it for at least a little bit, but i might spend most of my time studying. oh well ^^;;

at least i'll definitely be around for the full version !

Oh I see. Goodluck

Anyway, HYPED!!!

grazie!! (italian - thank you)

have fun next week !!
yawn...

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
while i'm suffering through those exams during that week, though, i hope you guys have fun with the demo!!

though, it's on a sunday, so i guess i'll be able on playing it for at least a little bit, but i might spend most of my time studying. oh well ^^;;
Play it when you've got the time, but studying here is definitely more important.
I hope that you can pass your AP exams decently and then have no worries about them anymore when playing TH.
Wish you all the best for the hurdle to come!
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
Play it when you've got the time, but studying here is definitely more important.
I hope that you can pass your AP exams decently and then have no worries about them anymore when playing TH.
Wish you all the best for the hurdle to come!

thank you very very much!! it's not required that i pass, but if i do, then i won't need tew take english or world history in college i think! it's really hard though, so i kinda have my doubts. however, just by being in the course, i have an advantage over other students and stuff so it's alright !

i procrastinate a lot
Spoiler:
and am currently doing badly in two classes since i am not good at those subjects,
so i will try my best for studying ; ;" school has been my main stresser lately, aha.

however, while i appreciate it, i don't wanna clog the thread with this topic. if anyone else wished for sending me support, please use the inbox feature ;v; !! i don't want helepolis putting a "dunce" hat on me while i stand in the corner xwx

but but, anyway....! touhou 16 seems fun yes yes.
yawn...

So, is there any set time for the demo to be sold and thus through particular means brought to western audiences or is it in the blue for now? Same goes for 15.5.

I know they are going to be released this weekend, but when?

Drake

Whenever the event starts?

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
guys guys guys guys

it's too soon i'm too hyped
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:20:33 PM by Nebulae--Addict »
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Kurzov

• All good things must come to an end sometime.
"Better think awhile
Or I may never think again
If this were the last day of your life, my friend
Tell me, what do you think you would do then?"
~ Genesis (Undertow, 1978)

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
The CD cover of the next game has been revealed on ZUN's blog, along with a new character : http://kourindou.exblog.jp/25748283/

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
A butterfly?

Well Rev up the shipping train as Wriggle just got a new ship!
This Space For Rent

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Makes sense, given the seasonal theme.

That is one cheerful butterfly!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
she is so cute oh my gosh!!

i expect her theme tew be lighthearted and fun~ 

Spoiler:
watch her swear often and actually hate being called cute and in reality is a weird tomboy
yawn...

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
What kind of butterfly do you think she is? I wanna say monarch due to the pattern but I'm not sure...

I feel bad now that my own butterfly fc isn't as nice as this, she looks so cute~