Author Topic: Age of Empires 1 : Definitive Edition - Officially released  (Read 2071 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Age of Empires 1 : Definitive Edition - Officially released
« on: November 16, 2017, 06:56:09 AM »
In 1997, Microsoft and Ensemble Studios had created a very nice RTS game. Next to the classics, it was a very fresh and cool design: Warfare with ancient civilizations. Twenty years later, the game is being re-released with better graphics and hopefully better game play. While this sounds like a cheap re-make publicity stunt, the game's graphics do look awesome. Just see the link below to view an ingame footage where you can slide the bar to compare the old graphics vs the new ones.

https://www.ageofempires.com/games/aoe/

Of course the game was revealed 2 months, lately more and more people are being admitted to the Closed Beta. So if you want to give this game a go and participate in the Closed Beta, sign up from the website.

I am signed up and inside the Closed Beta, but that is all I can say about it. People in the Closed Beta aren't allowed to speak about the content or show any content. (NDA is in power). But if any other MotK happens to be signed up, perhaps we can play a game or two some times. (Though I only play Death Match on higher levels).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:26:02 AM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Age of Empires 1 : Definitive Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 11:25:51 AM »
Age of Empires Definitive Edition got released officially today. You can buy it on the Microsoft Store.

Many people are heavily frowning against this exclusive availability at Microsoft Store. Nobody knows why Microsoft has decided to pull this one off. I would've personally seen it on the Steam Store, as Age of Empires 2 is also available there.

Either way, I will be playing this game time to time and perhaps stream my game play now and then.