Author Topic: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Topic  (Read 31055 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Topic
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2011, 02:19:52 AM »
Threw the original Viewtiful Joe back into my PS2 earlier, and realised that I didn't have a save in Ultra-V Rated.  Well that wouldn't do!  ...So I started a new file on Ultra-V as Joe and proceeded to V rank (not Rainbow V, sadly, although half of my ranks were rainbow Vs and at worst were As) the first chapter within about an hour, after not playing VJ in at least two or three years.

:3

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2011, 03:43:09 AM »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2011, 01:17:07 AM »
Oh... oh man... Oh man... <3

I just
Spoiler:
unlocked Walt's Apartment
in Epic Mickey!

Also, a bit unrelated, but... The reveal that
Spoiler:
The Mad Doctor was a Beetleworx
was a huge :o moment.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2011, 06:37:06 AM »
Monster Hunter 3rd Portable: All the issues I've ever had with Freedom United, fuck 'em. 3rd Portable is so much better in so many different ways (with the exception to the gunlance changes, who the hell needs to reload their shells in the middle of firing? I'd much rather be able to unload all four of them in sequence instead of twirling the lance like a baton in the middle of attacking.) I now have roughly 8 different sets of high-ranking armor, all upgraded to either the maximum level or a level or two off from max, and several different high-rank blue or white sharpness weapons, also improved.

And finally... Crag shot light-bowguns are fun. There's nothing quite like making a Nargacougar go berserk within ten seconds of the fight, and making it jump around/get staggered/get dazed before your buddy who originally got you into Monster Hunter even managed to successfully land a hit on the jumpy bastard.

Drake

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2011, 06:45:25 AM »
JUUHA

GOUSHOUZAN

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2011, 02:44:19 AM »
Completed my first No Tower run of Sacred Stones~

Of course, it was on NORMAL mode, but whatever.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2011, 12:07:35 PM »
BOOYEAH.

I've beaten Mega Man Network Transmission in 1 hour 37 minutes (1 hour 41 minutes would be the official timing since manual timing for the final stage goes until no more input is required and there's some after-credits dialogue; but I landed the final blow at the 1:37 mark).

This isn't necessarily that long of a game - it is a Mega Man game afterall - but with all of the deaths and the fact that the game rewards players for going halfway into stages, retreating when they run low on lives, and then coming back later with the new chips, bought items, etc., and so there's no reason to accept (or ever recieve!) a game over... yeah, most people finish this game their first time with a total time of about 5 hours, with 3 hours being a relatively good one.

Right now I'm looking back and going "Hey that was... relatively painless compared to my expectations!", except my next job is to learn the game well enough to
A) do this faster (That 1:37 time includes several deaths, unnecessary actions, etc., that easily mean there's over 10 minutes to shave off of this time)
B) I also want to do it single-segment, meaning no saving.  This could be horrifying due to a bit of the luck I need for draws in the Zero Account and Undernet...

But for now?  So far as I know, I am the first person to have speedrun Network Transmission from start to finish.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:59:22 PM by Garlyle »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2011, 12:48:27 PM »
Damn dude, you really made yourself worthy of the GAR in your name.
Makes me proud to be a member of this site.

Kinda parsee-ing hereover how good at these some folks are....
I'm good, but you guys are in a totally different class.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:22:55 PM by Fraulein Trancell »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
Damn dude, you really made yourself worthy of the GAR in your name.
Makes me proud to be a member of this site.

This is true.

G'job, man!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2011, 11:01:53 PM »
BOOYEAH.

I've beaten Mega Man Network Transmission in 1 hour 37 minutes (1 hour 41 minutes would be the official timing since manual timing for the final stage goes until no more input is required and there's some after-credits dialogue; but I landed the final blow at the 1:37 mark).

This isn't necessarily that long of a game - it is a Mega Man game afterall - but with all of the deaths and the fact that the game rewards players for going halfway into stages, retreating when they run low on lives, and then coming back later with the new chips, bought items, etc., and so there's no reason to accept (or ever recieve!) a game over... yeah, most people finish this game their first time with a total time of about 5 hours, with 3 hours being a relatively good one.

Right now I'm looking back and going "Hey that was... relatively painless compared to my expectations!", except my next job is to learn the game well enough to
A) do this faster (That 1:37 time includes several deaths, unnecessary actions, etc., that easily mean there's over 10 minutes to shave off of this time)
B) I also want to do it single-segment, meaning no saving.  This could be horrifying due to a bit of the luck I need for draws in the Zero Account and Undernet...

But for now?  So far as I know, I am the first person to have speedrun Network Transmission from start to finish.

It's really scary making new topics here sometimes, but seeing a reply like this in here makes me a happy camper.

Good on you, mate.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2011, 08:41:51 AM »
Start recording and submit a better run to SDA.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2011, 01:21:05 PM »
Start recording and submit a better run to SDA.
This is actually my plan.  Even if I don't, I've been in contact with another runner who's wanting to do this (My suspicion is that he'll be tackling a Segmented run, and I'll be doing a single-segment).

Even though I'd like to, though, I can't actually do anything about it until later - I don't have any recording equipment until my tax return comes in!

EDIT: Speaking of Mega Man achievements, I've finished my Star Force 3 No Upgrades run after declaring
Spoiler:
Jack Corvus v2
unbeatable.  Why?  Simple.  Below half health, he has a move that is unsurvivable unless you have full HP and a barrier active.  This takes a ridiculous amount of luck to reach this point anyway, nevermind having a barrier active at that point in time!  It can be done multiple times and there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to whittle down that much HP before he does it again, without some obscene luck.

So I've declared it done.  Even reaching that point was a huge achievement anyway, because after about halfway through, most stuff starts one-shotting you and you need a shitload of luck and skill to survive as is.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:42:37 PM by Garlyle »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2011, 05:28:47 PM »
I'm gonna feel like a jerk, double-posting in an "I JUST DID AWESOME STUFF" thread, but

I just proved a single-segment (Meaning no saving, no gameovers, etc.) Network Transmission speedrun possible.

I didn't actually complete it.  But, I died fighting the final boss.  One minute later than my segmented run with a fair helping of luck manipulation involved.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit this is actually possible.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2011, 06:36:09 PM »
Anything's possible if you're GAR enough.
And with you, it may just work!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2011, 06:38:55 PM »
Anything's possible if you're GAR enough.
And with you, it may just work!

That would depend on whether or not you have the GAR for him to begin with :V

Not a game, but related?
I can play Battle Hymn for the Soul (P3 Final) on the piano now~

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2011, 06:40:41 PM »
It's a reference on the fact that he has GAR in his username.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2011, 06:42:29 PM »
It's a reference on the fact that he has GAR in his username.

Ah, that's there, but I didn't pick up on that.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »
And plus, there's the matter that he's actually trying to do a single-segment speedrun of network transmission.
I've played that game a lot in the past.
It takes guts to try what he's doing.

I'd say that puts him on a similar level as those guys who speedrun japanese SMW romhacks.
And yes, the Kaizo and VIP series of romhacks are generally held as the toughest ones to speedrun.
Even with tools.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2011, 07:33:17 PM »
Whoa what. People speedrun that shit?

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »
I just beat Mega Man and Bass with just the buster (except the few spots where special weapons are absolutely required). The only thing I spent bolts on was buying extra lives for King Stage 2. It honestly wasn't that bad. Magic Man has an easy AI exploit, Pirate Man only has one hard attack, Dynamo Man just took practice, and most of the other bosses follow an easy pattern. The only really hard part was the tank boss... wow, that thing sucks.

I'd do it with Bass, but it would be pretty much the same thing but with longer boss battles. I might still try if I get bored, though.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2011, 08:27:55 PM »
They speedrun RPGs too. Click the link, it was just added the other day. My life is complete. ^_^

Also, gonna go get Celebi today, I hope. Today's the last day for it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »
I should try to speedrun something.
..But then again...I'd have to be at 100% to try that.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2011, 04:43:57 AM »
All the time.  Especially tool-assisted.

They speedrun RPGs too. Click the link, it was just added the other day. My life is complete. ^_^
Hey wanna know a fun fact?

That run was done by the guy who I am co-operating with/competing against for Network Transmission speedrunning.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2011, 05:26:15 AM »

12 hours?! Holy shit, that's awesome. :D
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2011, 05:37:36 AM »
I know right?
It took me ages to beat SOAL.....and I even missed the infinity+1 ship gear too.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2011, 06:26:08 PM »
Hey wanna know a fun fact?

That run was done by the guy who I am co-operating with/competing against for Network Transmission speedrunning.
Awesome, I look forward to what you guys put up. ^_^ Maybe you could speedrun some other Megaman games, too?

Speaking of awesome, I got my Celebi yesterday. Life is complete now. =w= (or it will be once I figure out the AR codes to get the specific IVs needed for a specific element of Hidden Power at 70 attack)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2011, 06:49:58 PM »
Awesome, I look forward to what you guys put up. ^_^ Maybe you could speedrun some other Megaman games, too?
We could but I think other people have already speedrun all the other MM games much better than I, at least, could ever hope to do.  I do want to speedrun other games, too (I may or may not do at least one of the Growlanser Generations games following this; we'll have to see!)

(Speaking of which I had a failed single segment attempt at NT this morning that was nine minutes ahead of my previous runs when it reached Zero, and then turned into a horrible wreck.  There is lots of improvement to be had).

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2011, 08:06:20 PM »
I might have an idea or two for a speedrun you could do.

There's always trying to speedrun a Star Ocean game.
If that's not possible, you could try a Secret of Mana game.
Or a Persona/Shin Megami Tensei game.

But it's your call.
I'd speedrun 'em myself, but I probably don't have the patience for it.
But if anyone here could do it, you'd be one of the most likely candidates.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2011, 09:18:43 PM »
I beat Elite Beat Agents on Hard Rock.
I don't know if this qualifies as awesome as far as this topic goes but it's pretty awesome for me. Jumpin' Jack Flash took 3 freaking hours. By the end of it, I was aware that my hand was sometimes heading towards the next note before my eye saw it.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.