Author Topic: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Topic  (Read 31240 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Re: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Topic
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2011, 09:05:11 AM »
After killing Beelzebub in Castlevania: Harmony of Despair 275~ times(!) I finally nabbed my ninth Beelzebub soul for Soma.
And now I may unleash flies from hell that charge through enemies, pierce shields, hit five or six times for 80 damage each all for a cheap 15 MP.
Compare to my 8th Beelzebub soul which hit 4 or 5 times for 72 damage.

Against Beelzebub himself, I can hit five different parts of his body five times with one casting now, so it ends up in the thousands of damage for a few casts (even though Fish Head is better). Against Legion it goes through damn near the entire center of its shell for more damage than Fish Head can deal out, and it can be used at long range compared to virtually... Anything. The only thing that really beats Beelzebub's Soul is Legion's (for upwards of one hit of 600! damage and long range) Soul and Ryutsoki's soul (Three giant fists of close range that hit for 500~ damage without Intelligence setups)

And now that reminds me that I don't have any Legion or Ryutsoki souls at all. T_T
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:21:23 AM by Fast Fanatic »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »
I beat Elite Beat Agents on Hard Rock.
I don't know if this qualifies as awesome as far as this topic goes but it's pretty awesome for me. Jumpin' Jack Flash took 3 freaking hours. By the end of it, I was aware that my hand was sometimes heading towards the next note before my eye saw it.

That's called "memorization," and is what everybody uses to beat that level.
Now go for a high score :D

I obsessed over that game enough to get an accumulate score of 102, 000, 000.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »
I obsessed over that game enough to get an accumulate score of 102, 000, 000.

I almost got a total score of 200,000,000 in Ouendan 2.

:colonveeplusalpha:

I beat Elite Beat Agents on Hard Rock.
I don't know if this qualifies as awesome as far as this topic goes but it's pretty awesome for me. Jumpin' Jack Flash took 3 freaking hours. By the end of it, I was aware that my hand was sometimes heading towards the next note before my eye saw it.

Congrats! JJF on Hard Rock is a really hard song when you get around to it! I think it's harder than Ouendan 1's final song.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »
Congrats! JJF on Hard Rock is a really hard song when you get around to it! I think it's harder than Ouendan 1's final song.
Yeah, Ready Steady Go wasn't necessarily all that hard.

Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobunda marisa was definitely the hardest finale song, but that might've been because of the extra option you could turn on in Ouendan 2.  I still remember freaking out when I maxed my score on that song (And then only got an A rank, not an S rank, somehow!)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
I almost got a total score of 200,000,000 in Ouendan 2.
How is that a colonveeplusalpha?
That's pretty cool.

Spoiler:
And now I know to shoot for 200,000,001 :V

That, and I'm not sure if I can get any higher than 103,000,000, really.
I've Sed just about every song + difficulty and ALL 300s are about out of the question, lest I become Mister Insanity.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2011, 11:44:48 PM »
I've attained a score of about 18m on Yobundaze using Cheergirls Hidden difficulty. FC S-rank.

How is that a colonveeplusalpha?
That's pretty cool.

my response:
I obsessed over that game enough to get an accumulate score of

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2011, 02:06:08 AM »
DA2.  Fighting a Dragon.  It kills everyone but Anders and still has around half health.

I spend around 10 minutes running like crazy, occasionally stopping to fling Crushing Prison or Winter's Grasp at it, screaming the entire time things like "KEEP RUNNING ANDERS"

And he won.  8)

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2011, 02:14:37 AM »
Freakin' ace man.

If only I had something relevant other than this post, but my gaming has kinda plateaued, nothing big has happened much for me sadly.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2011, 05:45:27 AM »
FUCK YEAH DEVILJHO

KICKED YOUR ASS WITH A LANCE
Death of a thousand pokes! Well, okay, I charged at it a few times. BUT STILL

Also, epic counter-kill in League of Legends while playing as a primarily-healing support character, Soraka - I got jumped by someone playing a bruiser-style character (but failing miserably at it) and spammed my dinky little Starcall spell on him repeatedly while kiting him around, and then finally killed him :V
A healer killed a bruiser. I lol'd heartily!

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2011, 06:00:23 AM »
Speaking of League of Legends, I got thirty assists as Sona during a Co-Op vs. AI game!

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2011, 06:41:25 AM »
I was lookin at Sona for my next Champion, is she fun?

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2011, 06:55:43 AM »
Being a 2h Swordsman girl in Dragon Age 2 is made of this.  Especially being a "Renegade."  Anyway I was helping these mages out cause this guy, who I previously extorted three gold out of, needed my help.  And at the end of that part he helped me fight off other Templers.  The battle started and all the unnamed minions around him died after I smashed them and then whirlwinded.  Merrel had him Petrified and Bethany and Isabella handled the rest of the unnamed while me and the guy who hates me wailed on that guy.  Ahhhh...teamwork.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2011, 09:11:01 AM »
Castlevania Harmony of Despair
To celebrate my getting my Beelzebub soul maxed, I headed to Chapter 10 for a random run and I got a "Claimh Solais + 1" (That's literally what they call it; it's a direct upgrade to the vanilla CS with +6 more Strength, +3 more INT, +21 ATK and infinite more asskicking).
And then I randomly head to Chapter 9 and I get Alucard Sword + 1 on my first attempt.
And then I randomly start playing Chapter 10 again and 6 runs later I get another Claimh Solais + 1.

I had the best luck last night~

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2011, 05:22:53 AM »
Not so much about me, but if there's anyone who only has a PS3 but wanted to play Tales of Vesperia, Have a look at this.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »
FUCK YEAH DEVILJHO

KICKED YOUR ASS WITH A LANCE
Death of a thousand pokes! Well, okay, I charged at it a few times. BUT STILL
Related, I killed Rathalos with a GS lvl3 charge to the face while he did one of those flying charges towards me.
btw, lance charging is not ok.

Other than that, I beat level 3 of Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label.
I. Know!

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2011, 10:42:51 PM »
I've actually used the lance charge and hooked myself into a monster so I kept hitting it while running against it, not going anywhere. So long as the stamina holds out, you keep stacking damage.

Also, the thrust attack after a charge is the single most damaging lance attack.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2011, 11:30:56 PM »
I've actually used the lance charge and hooked myself into a monster so I kept hitting it while running against it, not going anywhere. So long as the stamina holds out, you keep stacking damage.

Also, the thrust attack after a charge is the single most damaging lance attack.
This.  If you can do that against a monster, the lance becomes possibly the most powerful weapon in the game; it's just extremely reckless and likely to backfire if doing it on a monster that hasn't been knocked prone.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2011, 12:00:54 AM »
Easier to do when the monster isn't facing you 8D

Because, there are only so few spots you can latch into, and have such tiny valid angles to hook into, that all you need to do is turn in either direction to push through it and pop out the other side. Otherwise, if it turns to face you (assuming you're jabbing into it from the back), it'll usually unhook you itself and set you free while it attacks the spot you were just standing in.

The best thing to hook into is the literal ass-end of a pelagus-type monster - Aoshira, Urukusu (or whatever they're called). Their butt is specially shaped for you to ram them from behind with your mighty lance :derp:

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2011, 06:56:48 PM »
I finally got my twin spears in Vindictus!

I am an unstoppable killing machine whirlwind of death and hatred~

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2011, 09:40:17 PM »
High Dragons.

Badass in DA:O, badass in DA2.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2011, 05:48:15 AM »
Supposedly, the best defense is a good offense.
But isn't 370 POW kind of excessive?
I grinded to Lv 46 in M&L3 (from Lv 44 -_-') and suddenly beat Class 7, and with 15 turns to spare.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah
It did cost me about half my coins (read: a lot) to prepare for it- and by "prepare" I mean "buy DX POW equips"- but the 25,000 return kinda helps.

I tried doing a no equipment+no dodge run, but too many 1shot attacks are in this game.

I did get to Dark Star Core, but then, you know, lasers, explosive arrows, star bullets, etc.

To quote a friend who recently watched me beat Cackletta's first fight in SS, "How many attacks do they get in one turn?!"

I find that I never noticed this happen here, but it really is SUCH A BIG DEAL in other games.
*shrug

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2011, 05:44:12 PM »
DnD. 3.5. Forgotten Realms.

Having had my cleric killed in his sleep around 20 minutes into the game, I had to hastily make myself another character. The result is Sturm Stoutblade, a Dwarven fighter, who eventually joins the party by breaking out of the vault the rest of the party was trying to break INTO.

At the end of the session, we (a 3rd level party) found ourselves against a Red Dragon (a 5th level monster). Naturally, there was much bloodshed, but eventually we killed the thing with only two characters on negative HP. Unfortunately they were both about three turns from death unless we stabilised them.

I got to move before any of our proper healers [this healing would be much easier if we'd had a cle-ohwait], and decided to make an attempted heal check on the falled rogue. Why? Because our best healer at this point is an elf, and I'll be damned if I let a pansy elf outdo me.

Of course, given that I have absolutely no ranks in Heal, I fail the roll. The GM points out that I do absolutely everything wrong in my attempt to heal the rogue.

The rogue is next to go, though, and manages to hit his 10% chance of stabilising by himself. As far as he is aware - and as far as I am aware - it was me who did the healing.

My dwarf goes on to claim that he is the best doctor in the goddamn country.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2011, 05:47:57 PM »
Supposedly, the best defense is a good offense.

Starcraft 2 Hard would like to disagree with us both for thinking that.

Also, fuck you Protoss. You and your hatred of my giant laserdrill.

Edit: However, I am well on my way to finally getting used to everything that's new in the game and that is damn fine. Still amazed at how... just... good the use map settings/custom map games are.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:10:35 PM by Playably Youmu »

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2011, 08:29:42 PM »
Protoss

FUCK YOU PROXYFAGS

EDIT: wait wrong thread

Good news: dominated one of my placement matches today, afraid to play again else I screw up my lead.

Fossil Goo

• UZUMAKI POKEMON
  • OMUNAITO
    • Doodle Blog I have
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »
I have been getting critical captures on everything in Pokemon White lately. It's pretty awesome. Nothing like that dramatic *WHIZZZZZZ* as the Pokeball zooms onto the screen to let you know AW YEAH I GOTCHA NOW

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2011, 09:08:34 PM »
Beat the last mission in the British campaign in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts. The final village is heavily guarded with two King Tiger and two Jagdpanther units. These things are titans and taking them on is like shooting an elephant with a BB gun. And the elephant has a rocket launcher. I finally took them out after building 5 anti-tank emplacements and laid down more mines than Remilia claiming her territory during her birthday party, luring the suckers out by riddling them with artillery from a Priest mobile arty unit right into aaaaaaall those explosives. Fireworks everywhere.

Next up, CoH: Tales of Valor. So far it's select hero unit, right-click baddies, win game. Bleh.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2011, 11:29:52 PM »
Playing League of Legends, my first time against humans with Sivir, I got a double kill.  It was the end of the game and I was LV18 and was hitting doing 179 damage at 1.76 attacks per second.  And we all pushed to the enemy Nexus, I berserked and started lobing my boomerang and they started running at us.  And somehow my random clicking managed to catch two enemies.

Also since the berserk is an area thing, the minions and two of my teammates were berserked and the Nexus fell quick.

And it's not really Berserking, but I forgot what the skill really is called and Berserking is close enough to what happens.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2011, 12:20:57 AM »
Playing League of Legends, my first time against humans with Sivir, I got a double kill.  It was the end of the game and I was LV18 and was hitting doing 179 damage at 1.76 attacks per second.  And we all pushed to the enemy Nexus, I berserked and started lobing my boomerang and they started running at us.  And somehow my random clicking managed to catch two enemies.

Also since the berserk is an area thing, the minions and two of my teammates were berserked and the Nexus fell quick.

And it's not really Berserking, but I forgot what the skill really is called and Berserking is close enough to what happens.

It's her battle-buff, which, yeah, is a lot like Bloodlust/Heroism on WoW.
Also, RE: LoL Double Kills, I managed to snipe two nigh-dead players while they were recalling right next to each other with Janna. It's like, how much more worse can your day get? A support unit just killed you! XD

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2011, 02:02:14 AM »
I have been getting critical captures on everything in Pokemon White lately. It's pretty awesome. Nothing like that dramatic *WHIZZZZZZ* as the Pokeball zooms onto the screen to let you know AW YEAH I GOTCHA NOW

Critical captures?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2011, 03:46:46 AM »
Critical captures?
In B/W, you have a very small chance of getting a special capture animation triggered - the sounds are different, the ball literally zooms across to them, and then only shakes once before capturing.

I think it's a flat 1% chance or something.
Quote from: Bulbapedia
In Generation V, there is a chance of a critical capture, where the Pok? Ball will only shake once, thus providing a higher catch ratio. When a critical capture occurs, the Pok? Ball will pause in mid-air and make a metal noise. Critical captures rarely fail and will almost always capture the Pok?mon. Critical captures occur about as often as Critical hits, making them quite rare, however even with such a small chance of occurring, a critical capture still presents a massive boost to the overall chance of capture for Pok?mon with a catch rate of 3, who may have odds as low as .4%.