Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F  (Read 246224 times)

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F
« Reply #630 on: May 31, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »
It was all posted in EthanSilver's Reverse-Engineering thread, but unfortunately a number of the links are dead. I'll reupload and post them here, so someone can add them to the first post if they'd like.

Enemy Info
Contains their Stats, Affinities, Ailment Resistances, EXP, Money, Drops, and Types

Spellcard Info
4 text files for Characters, Commands, Enemies, and Subclass data in a zip file

Individual files for those who only don't want to download a zip file
Character
Commands
Enemies
Subclasses

Passive Skill Info
Data on all the character's passive skills that affect damage formulas, stats, etc

Enemy AI Dump

« Reply #631 on: May 31, 2015, 02:07:47 PM »
I honestly just use the Ai dump, just to know the whole bestiary in case a missed a monster somewhere (Looking at you rare monsters and larva dragon)

« Reply #632 on: May 31, 2015, 09:15:16 PM »
So I've finally reached the point in Labyrinth of Touhou 1 (I'm restarting my run) where the random encounters get incredibly obnoxious and horribly designed. 13F, I mean. Any tips to ease my mind?

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #633 on: June 01, 2015, 06:01:38 AM »
You really need who is very fast and can deal a lot of damage. From the wiki, Aya seems to be the most recommended. Otherwise, your frontliners should be characters who can take hits. The monsters on that floor are very fast and have a lot of HP.

Beware that the rabbits often use Snipe to mostly target your back row so fragile attackers should be brought in those fights.

Unrelated to the above, I have finally found Delicious Autumn Taste, another rare monster in LOT2. Now I only have 3 left to find.

Shadow1176

• Garden of Death
  • Reaper
« Reply #634 on: June 01, 2015, 12:39:32 PM »
I finally made it past Youmu in LOT1... after several months. Turns out that I just needed a few more levels.

I think that the only ones I'm looking for are Delicious Autumn Taste, Pearl Oyster, and possibly some higher floor enemies. Speaking of, I managed to forge one Zeus Armor and two Genji Gloves.  :] Speaking of, does Genji Glove allow double proc? As in, 4X damage?
That time, is breakfast time!
My Fanfiction Profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2752493/Shadow1176
My Deviantart Account: http://shadow1176.deviantart.com/

« Reply #635 on: June 01, 2015, 01:47:57 PM »
You really need who is very fast and can deal a lot of damage. From the wiki, Aya seems to be the most recommended. Otherwise, your frontliners should be characters who can take hits. The monsters on that floor are very fast and have a lot of HP.

Beware that the rabbits often use Snipe to mostly target your back row so fragile attackers should be brought in those fights.

I do use Aya but even she is unable to outspeed enemies, or if she can do it, she won't be able to kill them immediately.

« Reply #636 on: June 01, 2015, 06:14:49 PM »
Beat up Tenshi for the final time and explored all of the fire floors. Accidentally ran into the dragon FOE on 15F with my exploration party because I didn't even notice it, but thanks to Cirno slowing it down I managed to bliltz it in three turns before it was able to do a whole lot.

It was all posted in EthanSilver's Reverse-Engineering thread, but unfortunately a number of the links are dead. I'll reupload and post them here, so someone can add them to the first post if they'd like.

Enemy Info
Contains their Stats, Affinities, Ailment Resistances, EXP, Money, Drops, and Types

Spellcard Info
4 text files for Characters, Commands, Enemies, and Subclass data in a zip file

Individual files for those who only don't want to download a zip file
Character
Commands
Enemies
Subclasses

Passive Skill Info
Data on all the character's passive skills that affect damage formulas, stats, etc

Enemy AI Dump

Oh man, just look at all those numbers. Thanks a ton!

« Reply #637 on: June 01, 2015, 11:42:56 PM »
I do use Aya but even she is unable to outspeed enemies, or if she can do it, she won't be able to kill them immediately.

You might want to up her speed with points, then give her turn to a strong AOE character.

« Reply #638 on: June 02, 2015, 03:41:56 AM »
They are talking about Labyrinth of Touhou 1. In Labyrinth of Touhou 2, no one can take a turn before Aya.

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #639 on: June 02, 2015, 05:11:34 AM »
LoT1, eh?

Aya becomes obsolete on the higher floors, her attack is mediocre to sweep most enemies. If you want to use Aya, you have to pumo a lot of skill points to ATK, and make sure that you fill all the level up bonuses on ATK and not the others.

« Reply #640 on: June 02, 2015, 05:17:02 AM »
LoT1, eh?

Aya becomes obsolete on the higher floors, her attack is mediocre to sweep most enemies. If you want to use Aya, you have to pumo a lot of skill points to ATK, and make sure that you fill all the level up bonuses on ATK and not the others.
That's what I have been doing, again. It just doesn't seem to be working out and it's pretty annoying...

« Reply #641 on: June 02, 2015, 09:08:05 AM »
Labyrinth of Touhou 1, Aya is a boss killer post end game, when SP spam no longer really matters. Just level her in all attack. Her damage per boss action is insane, once you reach level 400+.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #642 on: June 02, 2015, 09:41:02 PM »
After almost a year-long hiatus (in now way related to me getting distracted by various games like Disgaea 4, BOI Rebirth, Persona Q, YS Memories of Celceta and some others) i finally decided to continue where i left off. Namely floor 2. So far made it to floor 5. I don't remember half the stuff from the demo, but surprisingly it has been quite easy playing it below or at challenge level so far . The only boss that gave me any signficant trouble was Alice's Upgraded Doll. That thing is fast as shit and kept spamming that row attack. Aside from that bosses are challening, but not to the level of bullshit the Doll was.
P.S. Mokou decided to cough up all her drops on my second try. Which is awesome.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Shadow1176

• Garden of Death
  • Reaper
« Reply #643 on: June 03, 2015, 01:46:55 AM »
About the Kanenoki Koban, Mr. Midnight Oil Set, and Items Discovery Weekly special items, is it possible to find all 25, 25, and 40 of them? it says that it caps at those percentages, but I don't have all of them yet, and I think I've explored the entire game. Any advice?

Also, does anybody know what an optimal grinding team would be? Something along the lines of Rinnosuke, Komachi, Keine, and Nazarin? Each for the four grant bonuses to certain post battle things, like how Keine increases EXP, Komachi increases money drop, Zazarin increases item drop, and Rinnosuke increases items and money. But is it worth it to use this team when grinding, or would it be better to stick with my favorites and using the Hands On Experience skills and such?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:51:28 AM by Shadow1176 »

Shadowlupus

« Reply #644 on: June 03, 2015, 03:43:43 AM »
I have played through the entire game and I can only find 11, 14 and 15 of them (1 Item Discovery Weekly can be lost forever if you didn't get from Mokou.) More might be found on the expansion disk.

About grinding, it depends on what you are grinding, if for everything, Nazrin and Rinnosuke seems to be the most optimal to have in your party. Komachi and Keine doesn't really make much of a change.

If you want a quick EXP, obviously, just go to the 20F and have all (or most of) your party member bonuses in ATK to make sure you One-Shot all FOE to save time. Fighting around 100 battles give you a whopping amount of EXP in no time. With Nazrin you might get some cool drops for selling. (The selling price is less than that of post game's equipment only by 2000.)

If you are grinding for money, 15 Extra is the best. 16 Extra is just full of very fast and annoying enemies. Most fights give you around 6000 money. (Except when you are against only Blazing Oarfish which gives you around 100 money.) However, you will need a multi-target attackers if you want a quick grind.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:46:33 AM by Kageshirou »

« Reply #645 on: June 03, 2015, 06:18:01 PM »
So question about the solo byakuren run, I MIGHT attempt it someday

Its better to get HP Or speed mantra first? you needed both to survive on early stages
Byakuren is the only member on the party all the time, correct?
What Class? Monk for the penetration attack? Or you change depending on the floor/boss?
I dont believe its possible to do the bonus floors solo,stuff is too fast, its too hard, and desire eater will Kill you in a single move

« Reply #646 on: June 03, 2015, 07:41:26 PM »
I learned the healing sutra first.Didn't try going for a speed first, but it might just  not work. Both her damage and DEF/MND aren't especially great,so I doubt you can survive long enough to kill the boss without healing.
Yes, Byakeren mostly was the only party member. During the first 3 or 4 floors I also had Reimu for random encounters. Not like she was necessary, I just wanted to speed up my farming a bit.
Subclasses, skills, equipment, level up bonuses  - you have to adjust them for every boss fight.  Monk is  an optimal choice most of the times. Guardian can help against DEF ignoring spells, or if you need to survive a powerful nuke. Warrior might be necessary for some fights where fire damage is needed, and your other skills won't work. Once I used Hexer and Healer. Strategist and Transcendant are good choices if you simply need a stat boost.
I didn't even bother to try postgame,honestly. Even the Malignut Eater's Shadow would be a big obstacle I imagine, and other bosses are probably physically impossible to beat with just Byakuren.

CF7

« Reply #647 on: June 03, 2015, 09:40:57 PM »
Ugh... Whoever designed 9F Tenshi should be stabbed repeatedly with an old rusty knife.

Shadow1176

• Garden of Death
  • Reaper
« Reply #648 on: June 03, 2015, 11:36:30 PM »
Ah, Tenshi. I pray for your poor soul CF7.

« Reply #649 on: June 04, 2015, 12:28:52 AM »
Ugh... Whoever designed 9F Tenshi should be stabbed repeatedly with an old rusty knife.

Whoever Designed MANnosuke with 8 different forms and the most broken buffing skill ever made (World Shaking Military Rule) deserves to be hit by a rock

« Reply #650 on: June 04, 2015, 01:00:02 AM »
Whoever Designed MANnosuke with 8 different forms and the most broken buffing skill ever made (World Shaking Military Rule) deserves to be hit by a rock

The only time I ever had trouble with him was if he just SPAMMED his massive AoE attack.
I once had him do it 4 times in a row, there is no way to survive that unless you are over leveled and geared.
If he just did it twice, I would kill him pretty easily.

I had a harder time with the god press mobs overall.

CF7

« Reply #651 on: June 04, 2015, 09:46:29 AM »
He was hard, but doable. WSML only used in his non-elemental form if i remember the fight, so his first form is kind of the hardest. It was a matter of recasting your defensive/offensive buffs, keeping your first slot tank alive and switching in elemental nukes when appropriate. Plus you have Yukari when you fight him. His last form can be pretty much burned down by fully buffed Master Spark too.

Now 9F Tenshi.
Absurd def/mind at that point of the game, so absurd, that your attackers do awesome 0 damage to her. Then Tenshi buffs her def/mind even more. Resists pretty much everything that can actually hurt her. The only mind ignoring attack (Rumia) you have is resisted too (well there's Kaguya, but i picked Mokou/Reisen).  And if you want to buff your girls, Tenshi just smacks them with one-hit killing sword to the face. Speed lowering attack, Shadow Step and a powerful after-focus-party-hitting attack is just an icing on the cake.

Shadowlupus

« Reply #652 on: June 04, 2015, 10:25:57 AM »
I once thought Tenshi was bad, but now it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. There are ways to exploit her attacks.

First, you have to make sure that your tank can survive Tenshi's attacks and nuke, buff that character up to 100% and Tenshi will always use the sword to target that and she won't use other moves as long as your other characters' buff doesn't exceed 100% or at least that of your tank. Her high defensive stats can be debuffed with strong debuffer like Reisen or Hina. If you debuff Tenshi's ATK, she won't do a ridiculous amount of damage anymore. You can subclass your physical attacker into a Monk to learn Iron Mountain Charge which ignores most of Tenshi's defense and it is Nature which Tenshi doesn't resist. You can also poison her but this takes a lot of time.

« Reply #653 on: June 04, 2015, 10:33:14 AM »
?
I didn't have all that much trouble with Tenshi in this last playthrough, though? With not using buffs and putting a bunch of affinity items on my tanks, she really didn't seem to do that much damage, and unlike the 12F battle you can debuff her stats to all hell without repercussions. As for actually damaging her, poison works wonders (although it's a bit slow); I'm fairly certain Wriggle was my top damage dealer in that fight. I think my lineup for the battle was Momiji - Meiling - Wriggle/Reisen - Minoriko for most of the time, stalling Tenshi while the poison did its work.

e: oh yeah, Iku's first spell is also great for quickly bringing down Tenshi's defenses to a more reasonable level so that other people can do damage. I abused that for the first part of the fight as well, until she got unlucky with a sword to the face.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:15:51 AM by yoshicookiezeus »

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #654 on: June 04, 2015, 11:01:15 AM »
Now 9F Tenshi.
Absurd def/mind at that point of the game, so absurd, that your attackers do awesome 0 damage to her. Then Tenshi buffs her def/mind even more. Resists pretty much everything that can actually hurt her. The only mind ignoring attack (Rumia) you have is resisted too (well there's Kaguya, but i picked Mokou/Reisen).  And if you want to buff your girls, Tenshi just smacks them with one-hit killing sword to the face. Speed lowering attack, Shadow Step and a powerful after-focus-party-hitting attack is just an icing on the cake.
I honestly think Mokou was much, much more bullshit than Tenshi. I don't remember her causing me too much problems, while Mokou... Regeneration sucks. Regeneration sucks. I hate it.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Shadow1176

• Garden of Death
  • Reaper
« Reply #655 on: June 04, 2015, 04:50:41 PM »
I remember wiping out on Mokou like, 12 times. I think that was the boss that actually gave me Kasen for wiping out so much.

Has anybody tried the Healing Squad? When leveled right, you basically can't die. Whether it be Komachi reinforced by Healing Touch, Minoriko's powerful single heal and single  defense buff, Reimu's team defense and healing skills, and such. It's hilarious.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #656 on: June 04, 2015, 08:10:22 PM »
Haven't tried something like that yet. I've had a million and one ideas for different themed runs of the game (by the way, themed/synergy runs are much more fun to play than just doing it the normal way imho), but I haven't tried many of them. I've actually decided to attempt solo Byakuren myself, and keeping it a purely Byakuren only run, so no bringing in someone to help with grinding, no bringing people in for 6F Tenshi (seriously, while I lost the saves of my Yakumo run and my Palace of Earth Spirits run, I actually did 6F Tenshi with those two teams and Team 9 without bringing in meatshields), nothing of that sort, it's just all Byakuren, all the time.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

CF7

« Reply #657 on: June 04, 2015, 08:36:24 PM »
Hm... I don't remember Mokou as being hard. But me thinks it was mainly because of me sorta cheesing the fight with Nitori, Cirno, Kogasa ice spells and Kasen as a tank who kept debuffing her attack and speed. +50% Mag boosted Spark to the face after Resurrection.

And Tenshi is down. At party level 31. The fight took like 20 minutes, but it was kinda worth it.

« Reply #658 on: June 04, 2015, 09:08:49 PM »
So question about the solo byakuren run, I MIGHT attempt it someday

Its better to get HP Or speed mantra first? you needed both to survive on early stages
Byakuren is the only member on the party all the time, correct?
What Class? Monk for the penetration attack? Or you change depending on the floor/boss?
I dont believe its possible to do the bonus floors solo,stuff is too fast, its too hard, and desire eater will Kill you in a single move

HP, without question. Pretty much the only thing you can do as a strategy in a solo byakuren run is overlevel. The regeneration allows Byakuren to actually tank and not need to worry about chip damage, either from a drawn out boss fight, or just mooks ruining her TP. On a related note, I really can't recommend trying it. I did it up to floor 4 (beat Mokou by cheating, since neither of us could outdamage the other) before quitting. There's really no strategy involved at all. It's just "Grind until mooks/the boss can't outdamage your regeneration, then you win"

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #659 on: June 04, 2015, 10:42:20 PM »
Honestly LoT2 is so filled with high DEF/MND things blocking staircases/ending credits that 9F tenshi doesn't stand out among them at all.