Author Topic: Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 - Now a open source multiplayer game  (Read 1773 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 - Now a open source multiplayer game
« on: October 15, 2016, 10:13:19 AM »
Ayayayaya,

I think the people who've played Roller Coaster Tycoon (RCT) will surely know that the game was just too awesome. RCT1 and its two expansions were pure fun fun fun. RCT2 was even more awesome as it shipped over pretty much everything from RCT1 and added more. More I tell ya! Then RCT3 came. POV camera ability so you can ride everything yourself! It was fun but it just wasn't the same feel as RCT1 and 2. The latest game, still in development I believe is even worse. (Roller Coaster Tycoon World? Forgot exact name). Planet Coaster on the other hand was a much better game.

Anyway, The real question is: Don't you always wanted to build a park together? Now you can.

http://openrct2.org/

The game uses host and client connection style. One person hosts the "server" and people connect. Obviously there are lots of bugs and desyncs going on, but the core game play is there. It is too amazing.

Enjoy creating your own park with friends, or perhaps a collaborative MotK park? Your call.

--Helepolis

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 - Now a open source multiplayer game
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 10:53:20 AM »
For me , RCT 2 is the best RCT series I play RCT2 and this game bring alot of memory for me when i was a little kid I remeber that I avoid to build roller coster because I think it is too complicate for me to create some roller coster  and yep I suck in most simulator game because i always use loan money option and ending with alot of debt :]

ps. I really surpise that RCT2 now have multiplayer I try to if i convice my friends to play with me..

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:06:13 AM by Buggy »

Two sides of the coin

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 - Now a open source multiplayer game
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 01:01:55 PM »
I heard it can be pretty fun. Might try it sometime. Though I'd be more prone to doing a bunch of dumb deathtraps instead of actual good rides. :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 01:06:35 PM by Matsuri »