Author Topic: Mabinogi Duel: HS and MTG if it had a baby  (Read 1598 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Mabinogi Duel: HS and MTG if it had a baby
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:26:04 PM »
Mabinogi Duel is a relatively new (currently having its 1 year anniversary event) mobile phone/PC trading card game in the vein of Hearthstone and Magic: The Gathering, featuring a relatively simple game flow bolstered by a deep selection of cards and with a heavy emphasis on deck-building. One of the biggest draws of MabiDuel compared to other TCG is that your hand is your deck. Each player has a deck of 12 cards which consists of their hand at the start of play. Players are able to reacquire cards in their own graveyard through Revive, which exchanges some of the player character's life equal to the number of cards in their graveyard, but cards obtained from the grave this way get an added resource cost.

It also has a feature of levelling up in the duel, levelling up in a duel allows you to get extra actions (equal to your level) and increases the power and cost of your cards. Of course on a per-duel basis. This adds an extra dynamic to the game which I really enjoy. I recommend giving this game a try if you want to try a TCG which has a unique take on battling with highly minimized RNG and more emphasis on strategy and deckbuilding. If you enjoy tinkering with decks and different types of decks then I really also recommend this game.

The best part is compared to other TCGs in a digital format, you can buy other players' cards in their personal stores by spending in-game currency. Essentially a form of trading. And of course it's much easier to save up gold for cards to buy from other player, especially cards you can't acquire anymore due to them being in limited edition Collaboration Booster packs such as the May booster pack collab for Closers, a Korean MMO (important because of one of the currently meta cards, Battle force:Nata).

http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us/ <-- Site

Names
------

* trancehime - AzakaCross
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:56:07 PM by trancehime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Mabinogi Duel: HS and MTG if it had a baby
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 07:29:34 PM »