Author Topic: Hardcore Henry - a FPS movie  (Read 4130 times)

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
Hardcore Henry - a FPS movie
« on: February 13, 2016, 06:43:11 AM »
Strap in. HARDCORE HENRY is one of the most unflinchingly original wild-rides to hit the big screen in a long time: You remember nothing. Mainly because you?ve just been brought back from the dead by your wife (Haley Bennett). She tells you that your name is Henry. Five minutes later, you are being shot at, your wife has been kidnapped, and you should probably go get her back. Who?s got her? His name?s Akan (Danila Kozlovsky); he?s a powerful warlord with an army of mercenaries, and a plan for world domination. You?re also in an unfamiliar city of Moscow, and everyone wants you dead. Everyone except for a mysterious British fellow called Jimmy (Sharlto Copley). He may be on your side, but you aren?t sure. If you can survive the insanity, and solve the mystery, you might just discover your purpose and the truth behind your identity. Good luck, Henry. You?re likely going to need it?

Basically, it's an action movie that's entirely first person and pokes with video game cliches. It already feels like something from a modern shooter from watching the trailer.

Trailer

Drake

Re: Hardcore Henry - a FPS movie
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:52:12 AM »
I want this

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 07:36:57 AM »
Been dreaming for this type of movie for a while.

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 05:31:45 PM »
I got motion sickness from the trailer when they played it ahead of the deadpool movie. ;_;

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 07:26:22 PM »
Wat. The latest Extra Credits episode was just talking about how cool a POV FPS-themed video game movie would be. Uhh, thinking about it, I guess it makes sense that this one is pure trashy fun instead of insightful.  :V

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 08:59:21 PM »
I actually was aware of the movie's concept beforehand due to seeing this music video that Hardcore's director made for a Russian band at an Alamo Drafthouse preview. Needless to say, I am all for this epic movie.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 03:00:31 PM »
I watched this movie expecting an FPS movie, and the movie gave me that. A pure, 90-minutes, nonstop, first person action. Goddamn, this movie is awesome.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 05:38:45 PM »
I enjoyed the movie more for what it attempted vs the end product.  Compared to the only real attempt at a major first-person action scene (Doom) which was pretty mediocre, this was much more grandiose in scale, but in execution is works astonishingly well.  The story was pretty bare-bones but it's cut from the same cloth as Crank, which was all about ACTION ACTION ACTION ALL THE TIME ACTION so it's hard to fault it for being thin on story.  With that said, it ultimately left me wanting to see Crank again more than a desire for a Hardcore Henry 2.

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 01:25:18 AM »
I enjoyed the movie more for what it attempted vs the end product.  Compared to the only real attempt at a major first-person action scene (Doom) which was pretty mediocre, this was much more grandiose in scale, but in execution is works astonishingly well.  The story was pretty bare-bones but it's cut from the same cloth as Crank, which was all about ACTION ACTION ACTION ALL THE TIME ACTION so it's hard to fault it for being thin on story.  With that said, it ultimately left me wanting to see Crank again more than a desire for a Hardcore Henry 2.

Just mentioning it if you are a fan of action movies, although chances are you've already watched it, the film The Raid:Redemption is really really good for action choreography. The second movie pales a bit in comparison though.