Author Topic: One-Punch Man Anime confirmed  (Read 12899 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: One-Punch Man Anime confirmed
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 11:40:40 AM »
There's no announcement but maybe someday.

I mean, it's Madhouse, so I wouldn't hold my breath, but maybe.

The thread title should probably be updated.  :toot:

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 04:37:20 PM »
IIRC, the author wants a 2nd season, but yeah, it's Madhouse's call, because I don't think any other studio would be able to handle it.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 09:55:10 PM »
I finished the anime but it left me feeling underwhelmed. I'm feeling like Saitama where I'm disappointed when I destroy everything in one punch. I'm waiting for when he faces a worthy adversary. I want to see Saitama bleed. In the 12 eps, the scene I enjoyed most was Saitama training with Genos.

If you want to see Saitama bleed; you are missing the point of One Punch Man.

It's a deconstruction and parody of Super Heroes as a genre. Saitama is; of course; Superman. That hero with no defined limits that is all but invulnerable. Except taken to an extreme, on a character with a very, very different opinion on things.

IIRC, the author wants a 2nd season, but yeah, it's Madhouse's call, because I don't think any other studio would be able to handle it.

I think a 2nd season might be possible; but they might need to wait until Fall 2016/Winter 2017 to start production, unless the rate of the manga/webcomic increases as a response to the popularity of the anime.

But; and I never thought I'd say this; I actually think good filler might be the answer. Work with the mangaka and create eps that focus on other heroes as filler. Especially given the Hero Hunter arc; I can see potential for a filler around Bang in his prime. Metal Bat might be another candidate seeing as he has a decent role in the Hero Hunter arc too.

Of course; they key word is WELL DONE. Good filler tends to come from working with the source. Bad filler is worse than doing nothing. Good filler can actually enrich the story.

There wouldn't even need to be much filler to make a 12 ep season when you throw in the Hero Hunter Arc; which would last a good few eps. Especially since there's also the meeting with Fukubi before that.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:01:42 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Krompy

• 420 graze it
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 12:05:36 AM »
But; and I never thought I'd say this; I actually think good filler might be the answer. Work with the mangaka and create eps that focus on other heroes as filler. Especially given the Hero Hunter arc; I can see potential for a filler around Bang in his prime. Metal Bat might be another candidate seeing as he has a decent role in the Hero Hunter arc too.

That's a pretty good idea.
I wouldn't mind the filler episodes take the direction of nichijou with segmented clips of humor, though that wouldn't tell much about the story and couldn't last too many episodes because it'd stray way too far from the mainline anime.
Normal 1cc: all clear!
Hard 1cc: IN LLS MS SA DDC
Extra: EoSD PCB(Phantasm) IN MoF TD DDC

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 08:05:46 AM »
That's a pretty good idea.
I wouldn't mind the filler episodes take the direction of nichijou with segmented clips of humor, though that wouldn't tell much about the story and couldn't last too many episodes because it'd stray way too far from the mainline anime.

I'd only say to make a 12 ep season out of what's currently there; ignoreing the current arc of the manga; we'd need 3; maybe 4 filler eps. Might even need 2 if they flesh out the fights like they did with Boros.

And there's already a side story that focuses on the Fukubi/Blizzard group anyway they can use. [Fukubi is the 2nd most popular character in the manga according to polls; only just behind Saitama himself]

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2016, 06:47:09 PM »
On a completely unrelated note, an obligatory Touhou crossover.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 10:25:10 PM »
On a completely unrelated note, an obligatory Touhou crossover.

I was gonna say they shoulda used Yuugi but less people would recognize her.

Even if that's how things would pan out if Yuugi [Or Suika] actually punched you.

Also you could have Yuugi annoyed that she can't find anyone strong to make her even drop her sake and stuff as well as the 'one punch' thing.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:27:17 PM by Raikaria »

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2016, 01:58:58 PM »
Onis usually fight a lot among each other in the Underground, though.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 03:39:25 PM »
Regarding the Toho crossover for OPM > Is it me or is Koishi mocking Reimu with that banner for being #1 character?

Drake

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 03:45:48 PM »
yeahp

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2016, 07:24:04 PM »
Warugaki has made his own parody on the OPM intro.

It is called: "One Punch Mam"  (Danbooru link for those who can't NicoNico, but to grant the author his views, please visit the NicoNico link.)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2016, 11:39:38 PM »
Did he animate that himself? That's pretty good either way.

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2016, 12:42:07 AM »
The thought of Sendai Hakurei being a strangely affectionate helicopter mum and being Reimu's deus ex machina is hilarious. Based Warugaki