Author Topic: Jojo - The DIAMOND IS NOT CRASH  (Read 42371 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Get ready for the CRUSADE of STARDUST [JJBA Pt3]
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2014, 01:59:46 PM »
I love that stardust crusaders is going to be a year long (48-52 episodes or so).

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »
...what

I heard
Spoiler:
the Dio fight
was long but what

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2014, 02:11:38 PM »
Spoiler:
Well; there's still a large amount of the Tarot to go; as well as the Eygyptian God stands; Cream [Yes that is the name of Vanilla's stand]; and of course Dio.

And some of the things; like D'Arby they could easily make 2 eps. Dio could easily be 3.

And people will really be wanting D'Arby and Dio to be done right; given how well done they were done in the OVA.

Justice is probobly gonna be a 2 parter as well. Especially given who Justice's stand user is.

I don't *quite* see it reaching 48; but there's no way everything would be covered with 24. Heck; the Tarot has 22 cards. Throwing in the non-tarot stands made it clear it's gonna be longer than 24.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:16:09 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
I love that stardust crusaders is going to be a year long (48-52 episodes or so).
I'd rather them get to part 4 as soon as possible.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2014, 02:51:45 PM »
We can talk about stupid hair later.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2014, 09:50:51 PM »

Good things cannot be rushed. You'll get your lowest-stakes Jojo part soon enough. Provided Part 3 is a success enough for them to adapt it. And I don't see it NOT being.

I'd only get worried about Pt7.

Personally Pt4 is my least favorite because it just doesn't have the same weight as the others and doesn't even tie in with the rest of the storyline in any way, shape or form unlike every other part until 7; but each to their own. IMO it feels out of place; and almost like a breather compared to the other sections. I'd explain how the other parts tie in but hey; that would be major spoilers. Even Part 5 which has no direct impact on anything after it is more... cleaning up after what happened before.

I mean Part 4 has a certain item that is important in Part 3 and Part 5 as well; but it's use is not anything that really changes the overall storyline of the entire thing.

You could skip Part 4 and the story would still work entirely. You could do the same about Part 5 too; but Part 5 dosen't make sense without the preceding parts [Except 4]; while Part 4 does.

It's not BAD; it's just my least favorite of a really; really high standard bunch.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:58:37 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2014, 09:17:20 AM »
I'd only get worried about Pt7.
I've seen so many people say this but why? Is it because of the
Spoiler:
universe reset
? Or was it not popular in japan?
I'm more than halfway through it, and as far as writing goes, it's definitely Araki's finest work.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2014, 09:54:43 AM »
Spoilered = Bingo. If Parts 4~6 do not do well enough they may drop it after Stone Ocean since that's the end of the primary storyline.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2015, 10:18:11 PM »
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders is back for Round 2! It's the Eygpt Arc.

Personally, I'm going to be binge-watching it once it's all over, because I want to watch the entire final arc in one go over and over again. And then watch the OVA too. Because those parts are awesome.

I CANNOT WAIT for D'Arby and Dio, to see how much justice is done to them. I hope they can surpass the OVA in D'Arby.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: Get ready for the CRUSADE of STARDUST [EYGPT ARC BEGINS]
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2015, 11:09:43 PM »
Was counting down the weeks for this for some time. I did eventually lose track, but I started looking for it again at just the right time. My friend and I were so excited we did the pan-tsu-maru-mie secret handshake to celebrate.

Things are starting out much the same for the Jojo-dan, which is to say, it's a joy to watch.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2015, 11:43:11 PM »
Eygpt?
Home of Aunbis and Bsatet?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2015, 11:57:47 PM »
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY reporting for duty. :V
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2015, 12:53:58 AM »
Also the fact I'll be binge-watching don't stop me watching now; or as individual arcs are done.

Gotta say the new OP dosen't beat Stand Proud, although Iggy and The Fool look awesome.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2015, 01:17:28 AM »
Water stand guy's a two parter? What is the pacing of this thing going to be like? Must have been spoilered being able to read through so much at once.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Get ready for the CRUSADE of STARDUST [EGYPT ARC BEGINS]
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2015, 05:06:07 AM »
Who even typos egypt ;_;

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2015, 10:31:43 AM »
Water stand guy's a two parter? What is the pacing of this thing going to be like? Must have been spoilered being able to read through so much at once.

Probobly 1~2 eps per Stand user; depending which user it is [They might be able to get some; like Anubis into one]; and maybe 3~4 for the finale.

Geb is probobly a 2-parter because there's quite a lot of important stuff which happens to the group.

Who even typos egypt ;_;

Someone posting at 10pm.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:33:34 AM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2015, 11:58:41 AM »
Someone posting at 10pm.

Way past your bedtime :D

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2015, 10:11:01 AM »
There has not been not been nearly enough shit-flipping about Boingo's custom ending themes.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2015, 06:34:18 PM »
I caved and watched up to now.

Wow they're not dissapointing. That said they didn't before; but stil; it feels like they've taken it to the next level. Not seeing as much off-model as in their first few adaptations too.

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2015, 10:12:36 AM »
There has not been not been nearly enough shit-flipping about Boingo's custom ending themes.
I don't want to handle poo.

They're pretty crazy and kind of charming in a grotesque way.

Anyways. Uh, wow. They sort of ratcheted up the hardcoreness of the show when they reached Cairo, huh? A good portion of the episodes between... uh, I guess the Pakistan ones with Death and Cairo were a mix of fart and piss jokes with some good ones scattered here and there (I particularly liked the Bastet episodes), and most of the villains were pretty obviously filler villains. But Cairo? Jeez, they decided to stop pulling punches, huh?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2015, 09:09:19 PM »
Yeah, Part 3 was a massive shift for the manga, changing from hamon to stands. It almost feels like Akari at the point was just seeing what he could do with the concept; hence the ''filler villains'. But yeah; it turns on around when D'Arby shows up. Although Anubis and Alessi are not bad either. And while there are 'filler villains' they are still well done, and show the characters working together; or using abilities you've not seen before. [Or only seen once; such as against the Lovers Green uses its ability to enter bodies again.]

And you have to bear in mind that each arc has a theme. Part 3's theme is adventure. The journey. Part 1 is noble England. Part 2 is just really weird.
Spoiler:
Part 4 is like a murder mystery. Part 5 is a mafia story. Part 6 is a prison tale. Part 7 is a western/horse race. Part 8 is a mystery, but not a murder mystery.]

Honestly it's the late part of the first season where the filler villains are worst, with the except of course of Enya. It's sorta the period between J.Guile and Enya. None of the Eygpt foes are that bad, even Oingo and Boingo serve their purpose as comic relief. [Although you can easily skip over their episodes and not miss much of value unless you want a comic relief ep.]

Also; for those of you wanting a possible glimpse of the future; Vanillia Ice
Spoiler:
was voiced by the guy who voiced Pucci in All Star Battle.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:14:43 PM by Raikaria »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2015, 02:41:15 AM »
Isn't Jojo in general pretty "filler" from part 3 on? I always viewed it as one of those things you read for the journey, not the destination. Never understood all those guys would watch part 3 always asking "Where's Dio?" minor spoilers for part 3
Spoiler:
I always thought the Dio fight was overhyped and pretty eh anyway

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2015, 09:11:25 PM »
One could argue Jojo is filler from Part 1. The Knights are Jack are filler. Whammu and AC/DC are filler.

But by that logic you can define anything in any anime which isn't the final enemy as 'filler'. 'Filler' is something which:

- Adds no important plot points, even if they are not immediate
- Reveals nothing new about the characters or their abilities
- Does not feature some sort of character development, be it personality or powers

In other words; filler can be skipped over with absolutely no ill effects. You miss nothing from skipping filler. This is why you can freely skip 'filler arcs' in anime with absolutely no ill effects. Because they do not provide any of the three above. [Or; at least; nothing of the three above which are treated as canon by the main story]

For example; Bastet is pretty much filler. We learn nothing new about Avdol or Joseph; nor do their characters develop and nor does the plot advance in any way. For that matter; Empress is also filler. Seems Joseph only gets battles to give Joseph battles.

On the other hand; you can say Sethan is not filler because we learn a bit about Polnareff and Jotaro; albeit; their youths. [For example; Polnareff has had his stand since birth; albeit in a much weaker form].

And in that sense; there's not actually that much filler. How many fights /miniarcs do we not learn anything? Do the group not bond more?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:14:51 PM by Raikaria »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2015, 07:10:22 PM »
Eh it's a double post.

The season is over.

I think they did it justice. And then some. There were good things and bad things, but they were the good and bad from the source.

Spoiler:
Unlike the end of Battle Tendency; they didn't do a teaser for Diamond is Unbreakable. I was expecting some form of Jouske teaser like they did a Jotaro teaser. In fact they even had a 'Fin' at the end; although to be fair the logo wasn't JJBA; it was; JJBA Stardust Crusaders. So it's up in the air if we're getting Part 4 onwards. Unlike Part 3.

Honestly if they are going to stop the adaptation the end of Part 3 is a sensible place; since it's the end of the Dio storyline until Part 6. [If you see Part 2 as an aftermath of Dio's actions to a degree and of course the introduction of Joseph] Part 4 and 5 are kinda disconnected. Especially 5. 6 isn't. But I'd really like to see 4~6 adapted. And with the success the adaptations have been I hope they don't stop and keep getting better, and more money for a bigger budget for better animation. Compare the quality of this season to Phantom Blood's animation; which was a lot less consistant.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:15:21 PM by Raikaria »

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2015, 10:55:58 PM »
Spoiler:
So it's up in the air if we're getting Part 4 onwards. Unlike Part 3.
Spoiler:
It's actually been confirmed in a commercial just after the anime, we're getting part 4. There just wasn't a PV to have a visual.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2015, 07:28:49 AM »
Spoiler:
It's actually been confirmed in a commercial just after the anime, we're getting part 4. There just wasn't a PV to have a visual.

Spoiler:
Well. That's great then.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2015, 10:42:19 AM »
Any of yalls got a link to that
Spoiler:
commercial
?

Also: This exists:  http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/oingo-boingo-brothers-adventure-r12560
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:56:42 AM by Sivrup »

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2015, 01:43:44 PM »
Yesssssssssssssssss :V
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Dahel

• Preparing myself for an incoming failure...
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2015, 04:39:32 PM »
Soon