Author Topic: What anime(s) and/or manga(s) are you watching/reading right now?  (Read 218898 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: What anime(s) and/or manga(s) are you watching/reading right now?
« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2015, 09:30:59 PM »
Catching up on Assassination Classroom now it's got decently far and Jojo's done for now. Next on the list is Unlimited Blade Works. I don't get that much anime-watching time atm so I fell behind this season. That said; not much coming out for a while which catches my eyes.

I'm impressed.

Still reading the same stuff for the most part. Tower of God and God of Highschool are going well; and aside from that it's mostly mainstream stuff for me in terms of manga. Ippo's translation/release/length being so irregular throws me off however. Just recently 4 chapters got translated more or less at once; but each chapter was really short.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:35:15 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tsuken Yasashi

• Student of War
  • Ready to start fightin' for real?
« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2015, 10:01:17 AM »
Street Fighter Alpha comics, I am revising.
Also, been reading through The Sacred Blacksmith.  Interesting sword terminology and making lore, it has.

Trying to find an anime that piques my interest at the moment.

Between Two Dimensions - Arc One Complete

"War is a grave affair of state; it is a place of life and death, a road to survival and extinction.  A matter to be pondered carefully..."  -Sun Tzu's Art of War

« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2015, 03:19:08 AM »
I finished Elfen Lied last, it was fairly entertaining to me. I'm not sure about what to watch next, but I'll have a look at my list handy soon.

« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2015, 10:04:33 PM »
Mirai Nikki, although I've been a bit slow with that, last time I watched an episode of it was several weeks ago. Also, No Game No Life.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2015, 06:01:45 PM »
Shimoneta Ep 4.

Anime... has changed.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2015, 09:38:24 PM »
And it changed great. I mean, it may not be very subtle but I'm having a blast.

Sahgren

« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2015, 09:51:13 PM »
It took a bit to ramp up, but I think Rokka no Yuusha would be my favorite anime this season if Gakkou Gurashi wasn't currently airing. I love the mystery aspect that kicks in after the cast meets up, and Adlet is an awesome character if only for how fun it is to watch him fight.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2015, 10:25:46 AM »
Fave anime this season has got to be Prison Schooo tho. It's really really good.

« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2015, 10:30:46 AM »
I'm currently rewatching Ah! My Goddess.

It's pretty weird to hear Mamiko Noto and Kikuko Inoue banter like this. :v

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2015, 11:27:30 AM »
Currently watching Monmusu, Dragonball Super, and Gurashi Gakkou. Though I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been really been acting up on my anime... Anything else airing lately that's a good watch? Please let me know.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2015, 06:04:13 PM »
This seasons is probably the most I've watched while they are airing, mostly because this season has a lot of sequels to anime I've previously watched.

Charlotte - Jun Maede hype
Working!! S3
Non Non Biyori Repeat
Idolm@ster CG - Love Live who?
Fate/Kaleid
Wakaba Girl
Gakkou Gurashi - Heavily recommend people watch the first episode without any previous knowledge whatsoever, not even any synopsis lookup, you'll see why everyone is watching this SoL :V

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2015, 06:07:25 PM »
Currently watching Monmusu, Dragonball Super, and Gurashi Gakkou. Though I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been really been acting up on my anime... Anything else airing lately that's a good watch? Please let me know.
Fave anime this season has got to be Prison Schooo tho. It's really really good.
(Prison School!)

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »
I also have a bigger list than other seasons before, beside leftovers and longrun things.

Dragon Ball Super
Durarara!! x2 Ten
Himouto
Overlord
Shimoneta
Ushio to Tora
Working!!!

I tried watching Gakkou Gurashi too, but I found out I can't handle that kind of stuff. I also tried Prison School but didn't enjoy it much.

Shimoneta is probably the one I'm enjoying the most since this season began.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2015, 02:34:53 AM »
Just Illya Zwei Herz so far.
Planning to catch up on iM@S Cinderella Girls, Gakkou Gurashi (but
Spoiler:
it seems it might be too sad?
) and Joukamachi no Dandelion. Yet to try Million Doll, Wakaba Girl and Sore ga Seiyuu, so some maybes there.
Waiting for DBSuper to finish before watching that. Also for Revival of F to come out so I can see that first.

Sahgren

« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2015, 03:24:06 AM »

GATE -Thus the JSDF Fought There- is pretty cool. Rokka no Yuusha is good if you're willing to sit through the 4 freakin' episodes it takes to get to the mystery/betrayal laden main plot.  :V
Spoiler:
Or at least the 3 episodes it takes to hear Flamie's adorable yelp when the main character unexpectedly throws a smoke bomb at her.

I also heard Charlotte is amazing, but I personally couldn't get into it for whatever reason.

PhoenixMaiden

• Resurrected fire maiden
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2015, 01:04:27 AM »
Right now I'm trying to watch Toradora. I'm on episode three currently. I think Taiga and Ryuji are cute. :3

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2015, 02:54:00 AM »
Right now I'm trying to watch Toradora. I'm on episode three currently. I think Taiga and Ryuji are cute. :3
Taiga is best Kugyuu.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2015, 04:36:48 PM »
What Gakkou Gurashi did right (among other things):
- Uncanny Valley
- 3D CG in anime IYKWIM ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)
- imagination and friendship
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:41:47 PM by 'ω' »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2015, 02:59:01 AM »
Finally getting around to watching Noir. I'd been meaning to watch it forever, but was reminded to get on it by the blu-ray release. It's pretty good. Definitely a product of its time, but in a way that I find kind of charming as someone who didn't watch anime back in the early 2000s. I respect its simplicity, both in plot and in design. The plot is as hokey as this kind of thing comes with every single trope in the book (fuuuuucking amnesia seriously), but the actual plots so far have all been straightforward, mostly self-contained, competently-executed pulp/crime stories, and I like that kind of thing a lot as a general rule.

As far new stuff, I'm weirdly only watching Monster Musume this season. I don't usually care for ecchi, but I haven't found much of anything in this show offensive so far. It watches more like a parody of a sex comedy than an actual sex comedy, it's well-animated, and the sexual content doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. It's not quite a shining beacon of positive, healthy sexuality out of context, but for what it is it might as well be. I didn't particularly set out to watch it, I certainly didn't think it would be the only show this season I would make time for, but it's fun.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2015, 03:20:51 AM »
Sure is long time no postan for me here...

{now reading}

1. Sousei no Omyouji - I am not sure if it was ok to link here, but I use DM5.com to read it, it is chinese subbed but english is up till chapter 12. (chinese is up till chp 21.)

A boy with a tragic past who refuses to take up the family/orphan home trade of become an exorcist/spirtual warrior/shaman is plunged into the shamanic war against Impurities after he meets by chance this girl from a traditional long-hailed descendant family of Abe no Seimei, the first and most powerful shaman of Japan in ancient times. He must find in him the courage to step up and fight to protect those he love.

A huge departure from Sukeno's first work - Binbougami ga!  which is about a spirit of poverty possessing a particularly well-endowed female student, the story takes on a very shonen feel. But make no mistake, it is quite a read, long chapters, huge ass fight scenes that puts any of Goku's exploit to shame (and they don't dwell very long on Namek) and it has a seinen feel in terms of the how the Impurities work. I would call it a darker version of Bleach but with very good character constructs. The characters actually beg for you to understand them more. Introduction of the girl for example, starts off distanced at first, and so is the main protag - Rokurou, but you can really feel warmed up to them.

Powerlevels play a good show here, and it is something for everyone to enjoy. It takes two to become one, as the saying goes, and every fight our protag gets on, he learns a valuable lesson that no man is an island, even though he is the foundation, he can be shaken. What they do as they embrace each other;s weaknesses and fight the Impurities become a show to look out for.

-----
Overlord

the current season anime makes about the best show I watched in SAO'esque stories. For one, I start off as the final final boss.
That alone is worth watching.

I watch it so I can feel the yandere vision of Albedo
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2015, 04:36:18 AM »
Watching Chaos Dragon right now. It's based off the producers playing a fantasy tabletop game and using the results for a story. Doesn't actually contain any tabletop elements. Good story so far, although there's a lot of blood, which is just a tad off-putting for me in particular.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race

Dahel

• Preparing myself for an incoming failure...
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2015, 08:51:28 PM »
This season is full of stuff for me :

Monster Musume
Overlord
Himouto
Gakkou Gurashi
Durarara x2 Ten
Working !!!
Shimoneta
Charlotte
Rokka no Yuusha

Outside of this season's anime, I've got far enough in Di Gi Charat ( around ep 70, where suddenly the audio/visual quality became really bad, with matching subs. ) and now i'm starting the next entry in my list,  Hayate no Gotoku.
Soon

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2015, 04:05:54 PM »
I'm watching Chi's New Home and it's adorable and funny.
The bunny is IMHO an epic troll, not unlike another in a certain video game  series. :P
It's kinda funny this series started as a Seinen manga. XD

You can wish for anything!

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2015, 04:20:41 PM »
I'm reading The Real Her, which is the cutest story about BDSM ever.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:00:13 PM by Moos Parfit »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2015, 04:42:15 PM »
There's a new Junji Ito hardcover out (I think it's called Fragments Of Horror?) that has official translations of some stuff that's never been, well, officially translated before. I haven't actually read it yet so I can't speak for the quality of the translation, but it's got some solid stories in it (and a handful of fairly weak ones, but whatever, that's gonna happen with Ito).

I'm reading The Real Her, which is the cutest story about BDSM ever.

Ha ha neat I'm gonna read that later.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »
Really loving Joukamachi no Dandelion.
Illya Zwei Herz ep 3 was mostly great and hilarious, much better than ep 2 anyway.
Gakkou Gurashi - watched up to ep 6 tonight,
Spoiler:
a bit too depressing, glad it was ep 6 I watched right through to as it seems a good place to stop. Maybe when it's all done I'll get an idea of how it was and decide whether or not to finish it.
Wakaba Girl - eh, just entertaining enough I guess.
Sore ga Seiyuu - As above, but with some slight interesting-ness as well.
Million Doll - first 3 eps, not interested at all.
Haven't caught up on iM@S Cinderella Girls yet. Probably wait until it's done.
And re-watching Aikatsu from the start to at least the movie, currently at ep 30. I stopped at ep.142 when watching for the first time (first started the series late-may or early-June this year), gunna wait till the next season starts before continuing from 142.

Finished a manga a couple nights ago, had been reading it over a few weeks. Sisterism... http://i.imgur.com/eD80OiU.png Comedy, quite perverted, often kinda creepily so, but it had enough entertaining parts/chapters for me to keep reading with the occasional hilarious moment along with it's share of boring chapters. TBH, looking back at some of the earlier chapters I'm not too sure why I kept reading, must've been really bored when I started. But overall it was enjoyable enough and worth it for some of the Akira & Mari chapters (first introduced halfway through) in particular Ch.#'s 23, 24, 28 & 30 (of 34) were my favs by quite a bit and were mostly much less uh, like what you get from the main two.

PhoenixMaiden

• Resurrected fire maiden
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2015, 06:08:13 PM »
I've been thinking of watching Persona 4 the animation again. I used to love watching it but I never got around to finishing it. >_<

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #238 on: September 04, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
I'm finally getting around to watching every episode of Avatar. I've seen probably about half of every book here and there whenever I caught it airing, but it feels so good to have EVERYTHING, you know.
Haah~ Toph makes my heart go doki doki. Oh Zuko you too.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #239 on: September 05, 2015, 09:41:56 PM »
And here I thought The_Strongest+The_Bunniest will sail into a sunset.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:44:16 PM by 'ω' »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.