Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347855 times)

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #900 on: July 26, 2015, 07:03:54 PM »
very weird silhouette indeed, other than that i'm so hyped !

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #901 on: July 26, 2015, 07:08:34 PM »
Damn, that is a janky sillhouette. I wonder how ZUN pulled off the character herself...

I would imagine something like this, though. It could be a possibility.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #902 on: July 26, 2015, 07:12:27 PM »
Maybe she's a ghost or mermaid and the left leg is her "tail", with the right vertical line leading up to the cone-hat being some kind of.... phallic pillar or rocket or something that she's leaning against

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #903 on: July 26, 2015, 07:33:43 PM »
What if it's a silhouette of those landrover machine things mentioned in LoLK? I mean it looks mechanical enough I guess.

« Reply #904 on: July 26, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »
True... maybe it's a girl riding a land rover.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #905 on: July 26, 2015, 08:23:24 PM »
Maybe she's a ghost or mermaid and the left leg is her "tail", with the right vertical line leading up to the cone-hat being some kind of.... phallic pillar or rocket or something that she's leaning against
Dunno, I kinda get the impression that she is the straight thing on the right side, the conic thing her hat (you can see her hair just below it), and she seems to wear a kimono or something around these lines. No idea what these flamey tail-ish things are, though (I hope these are fluffy tails, for fluffiness's sake).

« Reply #906 on: July 27, 2015, 12:27:08 AM »
I sort of get the feeling it's a Girl riding on a Turtle
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #907 on: July 27, 2015, 12:52:23 AM »
I sort of get the feeling it's a Girl riding on a Turtle
Genji confirmed for 15's antagonist

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #908 on: July 27, 2015, 01:05:00 AM »
Dunno, I kinda get the impression that she is the straight thing on the right side, the conic thing her hat (you can see her hair just below it), and she seems to wear a kimono or something around these lines. No idea what these flamey tail-ish things are, though (I hope these are fluffy tails, for fluffiness's sake).

(My impression. Yeah, kinda a bad sketch OTL)
I think you might be right that she's wearing a kimono though, but the bottom makes it almost unlikely.

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
« Reply #909 on: July 27, 2015, 01:11:05 AM »
It's a girl riding a mechanical dragon! :v

So the Lunar Capital really does have round windows.

Could someone translate the spellcard name in the seventh image, please?

http://d-stage.com/shop/detail.php?seq=68519

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #910 on: July 27, 2015, 01:15:05 AM »
I've seriously got to admire how ZUN obscures the bosses in those screenshots. Sneaky.

Drake

« Reply #911 on: July 27, 2015, 01:19:50 AM »
「片翼の白鷲」, "One-winged White Eagle".

also if that's reimu i'm going to explode

EDIT: To a lurking Gilde, nice catch on teppoudama
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:25:31 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #912 on: July 27, 2015, 01:30:45 AM »

No, and I can tell that's not a 'other player characters are the stage 4 boss' schtick; note how around the spell circle you can see a faint cyan/red contrast in the spellcard background, which none of the MCs have in their backgrounds.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #913 on: July 27, 2015, 01:39:06 AM »
IIRC, Sukune's silhouette didn't have her mallet. There could always be a trick here... though I can't think of one.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #914 on: July 27, 2015, 02:04:16 AM »
Likely that one of the next bosses will be the commander/employer of the Eagle Ravi.  I mean they gotta have someone behind their backs eh?

The final boss' outline sure is strange though, but I still have faith that a Touhou-Chang'e will appear somewhere.  Maybe on the ex stage?

Drake

« Reply #915 on: July 27, 2015, 02:59:53 AM »
No, and I can tell that's not a 'other player characters are the stage 4 boss' schtick; note how around the spell circle you can see a faint cyan/red contrast in the spellcard background, which none of the MCs have in their backgrounds.
Wut? I'm talking about the picture with the yin-yang orbs and amulets; pointy lasers all over aren't Reimu's thing. I know the spell card backgrounds. The boss aura is red, which Reimu's is as well. Nothing suggests either of the pictures are stage 4 to begin with. The main reason I would say it wouldn't be Reimu is to note that those two pictures seem to be of adjacent patterns.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #916 on: July 27, 2015, 03:36:07 AM »
Wut? I'm talking about the picture with the yin-yang orbs and amulets; pointy lasers all over aren't Reimu's thing. I know the spell card backgrounds. The boss aura is red, which Reimu's is as well. Nothing suggests either of the pictures are stage 4 to begin with. The main reason I would say it wouldn't be Reimu is to note that those two pictures seem to be of adjacent patterns.

Aaah, I understand.

From how the attack seems to work, the amulets curve as they are being shot out (which Reimu would also not do), and it seems that the spellcard has a sort of barrier (or maybe that's just the charge effect) that would most likely punish you if you were in it (Much like this attack in Earthen Miraculous Sword (You don't see it in that particular nonspell, but Yaorochi slashes at you  if you get in the red area).
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Drake

« Reply #917 on: July 27, 2015, 05:15:39 AM »
The thing in the spell card is definitely a charge effect, whether it's a chargeup or the explodey-charge.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:20:13 AM by Drake »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #918 on: July 27, 2015, 07:52:23 AM »

It's worth saying that the yin yang orbs in said picture appear to actually be kedamas, which all sport the yin-yang pattern since SA. Also, given the nature of the plot, I have my doubts that the heroines would choose now of all times to fight amongst each other, though anything is possible I suppose.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #919 on: July 27, 2015, 08:19:21 AM »

There is no name in the upper left corner, which suggests it's both a midboss and someone we don't know. The same is true for the laser spellcard right after, which suggests it's the same midboss battle.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Drake

« Reply #920 on: July 27, 2015, 08:31:47 AM »
guys i'm not even suggesting that it is reimu

pls stahp

pls

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #921 on: July 27, 2015, 08:46:48 AM »
:V I too misread it as said on IRC, thinking you were suggesting it. At first glance it does look like that.

About the cover being posted, to be honest, they don't look like flames to me. But more like branches/pointy things. She does look a princess or sort of majestic dressed person. Think the drawing earlier shown might be quite close.

The question is, is the boss on the cover the "mad man" herself as said in the prologue/story? Or is she someone working under command? Questions questions.

« Reply #922 on: July 27, 2015, 09:29:27 AM »
I think the card name is "One-Winged Egret" (片翼の白), actually. Maybe?

On closer inspection, the card pictured doesn't come directly after the nonspell. The nonspell's health bar has a marker for the spell following it, which doesn't match up with the health bar for Egret. That, along with the huge jump in score between the dialogue and the nonspell, indicates that this is the boss we're seeing and not a midboss. The name's probably just missing in order to avoid any major spoilers.

On some even closer (read: obsessive) inspection...

Code: [Select]
Dialogue: 10,194,080 score
14,150 point value
0/1865 graze

Nonspell: 22,860,190 score +12,666,110 since dialogue
17,450 point value +3300 since dialogue
117/2664 graze +682 graze between dialogue & start of nonspell
+1 bomb fragment (ie. only one Chapter Bonus exceeding 1 million)

Card: 29,335,330 score +6,475,140 since nonspell
20,130 point value +2680 since nonspell
146/3010 graze +200 graze between previous screenshot & start of spell
+1 bomb fragment (ie. only one Chapter Bonus exceeding 1 million)
4,391,160 left on spell bonus

I'd guess there's 2 nonspells and spells between the dialogue and the pictured nonspell (two spell bonuses, both 4~5 million since it's S4 Normal + one Chapter Bonus over a million bc bomb fragment + three sub-million Chapter Bonuses = roughly 12-and-a-half million?). So this is the third nonspell and fourth Spell Card we're looking at. I think.

The big wavy parts on the CD cover silhouette reminded me of an Eastern dragon's horns before anything else. That and the tail-looking thing on the side. It's hardly likely that we'll be fighting the Dragon God any time soon, but speaking of dragons... maybe one of the Watatsumi gods? Maybe the Watatsukis' mom??
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:31:47 AM by gilde »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #923 on: July 27, 2015, 10:36:31 AM »
And now i notice that Sanae's Cobalt Spread has explosions obscenely bigger than in UFO. Does this thing still do AoE damage? The explosions obscure the enemies and i can't see the damage effect.

Re:cover. I recall someone saying about a dragon. S/he used Shenron as reference. At first i thought it meant that the "flames/wings" were actually stags, then i saw a spiky thing in the lower part of the image.

Also: Final boss confirmed to be simultaneously Miko, Mokou, and a Pok?mon.

Edit: Some more
 (ラスボス=Last Boss)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:03:14 AM by Maple »

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #924 on: July 27, 2015, 10:39:52 AM »
and to think those spellcards screenshotted are on normal mode. Yeesh.
This. The stage is not shown, but the fact that the amulet non-spell reminds me of Mokou's non-spells is probably not a good sign.
Also lazors. I hate lazors.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #925 on: July 27, 2015, 12:02:18 PM »
And now i notice that Sanae's Cobalt Spread has explosions obscenely bigger than in UFO. Does this thing still do AoE damage? The explosions obscure the enemies and i can't see the damage effect.

Re:cover. I recall someone saying about a dragon. S/he used Shenron as reference. At first i thought it meant that the "flames/wings" were actually stags, then i saw a spiky thing in the lower part of the image.

Also: Final boss confirmed to be simultaneously Miko, Mokou, and a Pok?mon.

Edit: Some more
Aside from the troll images and attempts (which were quite funny) the dragon one could be also plausible. Especially due to the thing not being fire but pointy/spikes/branches.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #926 on: July 27, 2015, 12:24:14 PM »

I don't know what I'm doing

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #927 on: July 27, 2015, 01:18:01 PM »

I don't know what I'm doing
everybody pack you bags, we have a winner

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
« Reply #928 on: July 27, 2015, 04:12:27 PM »
Whether eagle or egret, there seems to be a bird theme. Is it just me, or do you guys notice it too? (I think it's just me :[)

That said, could the silhouette be of an avian?

inb4 bird -> flame wings -> phoenix -> Mokou confirmed

I still go for dragon though.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #929 on: July 27, 2015, 04:23:06 PM »