Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347816 times)

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #360 on: May 10, 2015, 09:55:59 AM »
"Doremy Sweet"... I can hear an incredibly lame pun begging to be made, here... and that's the kind of dress you'd expect to seen in a fashion show !

Music is still good (well, it's Touhou), if anything the style reminds me A LOT of the style in Trojan Green Asteroid album (especially stage 1), and  stage 3 sounds a bit like wind of agartha. In honesty, stage 1 music sounds a bit underwhelming but I am, okay with the rest;

Gameplay is the unusual kind of intersting, might take some time to get used. Reisen may be the new star, but I'll stick with Sanae for now (gosh, that Sanae ZUNart is cute)

There were expectations... all met ! Already looking forward for the full game  :3

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2015, 10:18:28 AM »
"Doremy Sweet"... I can hear an incredibly lame pun begging to be made, here...

Do Re Mi Sweet, you mean?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2015, 10:32:09 AM »
I definitely like the new pointddevice mode, being able to try a specific part again to find a way to beat it is loads of fun, especially if you have problems with a specific part in the stage/boss.
And the default mode is still there after all.

Character art took a big step formard IMO. Especially Marisa, but the other poses also look more varied and interesting. Not digging the design on the Stage 2 boss though...
Music's awesome, after all this time it's still getting better. Doremy's and Ringo's themes are clearly the best :V
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2015, 10:37:14 AM »
Do Re Mi Sweet, you mean?
Doremy Sweet, Sweet Doremy...
Spoiler:
Sweet Dream
Spoiler:

« Reply #364 on: May 10, 2015, 10:38:44 AM »
There is a glitch in the PointDevice mode.
If you exit the game, start it back up in another resolution and resume from waypoint, the scaling is completely messed up. 
Works fine if you resume in the same resolution though.

Formless God

« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2015, 10:50:10 AM »
Music is cool. The bleep boops are really nice compared to
Spoiler:
fucking guitar
. Stage 3 nailed it with both the BG and BGM, feels really PC-98 ish. The only downsides are that the stage 1 theme sounds kinda forgettable and Seiran's is an absolute clusterfuck outside of the intro and the sex chorus.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #366 on: May 10, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »
Hmm... Flying to the moon, stages divided into chapters, bleepy music...

...wait a sec...

IS THIS ESCHATOS?!

Ozzter

• Just lurking around, don't mind me.
« Reply #367 on: May 10, 2015, 11:43:17 AM »
I'm really liking the demo, I hope nothing get's changed too much ( though I personally feel that Reisen's bomb should be tweaked just a little bit,
Spoiler:
I mean, 3 hits and no expiration in exchange for apparently a bigger hitbox that I didn't notice much while playing?
). Love the difficulty, and Doremy is pretty a interesting fight. So far noticing alot of circular patterns with the bosses, wonder if it'll continue like that?

Spoiler:
Also did anyone else totally notice that Seiren is just Reisen's name with the s and r switched?
Saying I rarely post is an understatement... but I'm always here...!

FlareDragon

• Gensokyo's Infernal Hellstorm
  • When will you come to Gensokyo, Satsuki Rin?
« Reply #368 on: May 10, 2015, 11:46:12 AM »
Spoiler:
Also did anyone else totally notice that Seiren is just Reisen's name with the s and r switched?
Spoiler:
I thought it seems too similar (Also, it's more like "Re" and "Se" being switched around, since Japanese characters/symbols and all that)

Also, has anyone come across a certain glitch for Marisa, where the Master Spark graphic kinda just glitches and floats around the screen? (I'll get a screenshot up if I can replicate it)
Normal 1CC's: SoEW, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, GFW, TD, HM, DDC, ULiL, LoLK(PD), CtC |IaMP|
Hard 1CC's: EoSD, PCB, MoF, IN(B), TD, LoLK(PD), |???|
Lunatic 1CC's: None
Extra 1CC's: SoEW, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF(NB), SA, UFO, GFW, TD, DDC, CtC, LoLK, |???|

« Reply #369 on: May 10, 2015, 11:55:52 AM »
Also, has anyone come across a certain glitch for Marisa, where the Master Spark graphic kinda just glitches and floats around the screen? (I'll get a screenshot up if I can replicate it)

Actually, I had a lot of random glitches, like visible hitbox on the boss or white flashes. Nothing really annoying, though.

Formless God

« Reply #370 on: May 10, 2015, 11:56:52 AM »
I'm getting a ton of graphic glitches with other characters as well. Spooky red flames floating in midair, entire screen flashing red, etc.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2015, 12:08:28 PM »
Oh lord this is pretty difficult, seems like starting off on hard mode was a pretty bad idea.
The stage 3 boss is pretty fun (and abit confusing) and the stage 2 bosses nonspells are pretty terrifying.

Anyone got any tips for Doremy's first spellcard? I'm not sure if going down or up is better since the star danmaku was hard to read for me.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #372 on: May 10, 2015, 12:09:18 PM »
It was kinda mentioned already, but apparently Reisen
Spoiler:
is a honorary human now. Which I totally approve. Eat that, "there's no humans-only pattern among main game PCs" crowd!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #373 on: May 10, 2015, 12:13:14 PM »
Just speaking from a technical point alone, just as in DDC, I get a less than 1% slowdown rate using the Fast input method, and graphics were fixed with D3DX9_43.dll.

And yes I am also feelin the space disco.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

FlareDragon

• Gensokyo's Infernal Hellstorm
  • When will you come to Gensokyo, Satsuki Rin?
« Reply #374 on: May 10, 2015, 12:34:34 PM »
It's probably stated elsewhere already, and might be obvious, but it looks like that the life system is back to points-based (Good ol' SoEW/EoSD/MoF). So far, I've got 30mil and 70mil as the first 2 extends. I can't play through Hard or Lunatic enough to find the next few XD (damn, these gals get brutal)
Normal 1CC's: SoEW, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, GFW, TD, HM, DDC, ULiL, LoLK(PD), CtC |IaMP|
Hard 1CC's: EoSD, PCB, MoF, IN(B), TD, LoLK(PD), |???|
Lunatic 1CC's: None
Extra 1CC's: SoEW, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF(NB), SA, UFO, GFW, TD, DDC, CtC, LoLK, |???|

« Reply #375 on: May 10, 2015, 12:40:47 PM »
Music is still good (well, it's Touhou)
I don't agree with this -- I love the music in the early/mid Windows games, but I'm indifferent to most of UFO and DDC, and didn't like TD at all.

But the awesome is back! All the music in the LoLK demo is good, and Ringo's theme in particular is just beautiful.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the music in the full version  :D

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
« Reply #376 on: May 10, 2015, 12:41:58 PM »
Translations were put up on LoLK's Wiki page: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Legacy_of_Lunatic_Kingdom/Translation (I can't attest the accuracy.)

Judging from what's written:
Spoiler:
- Moon rabbits invaded Gensokyo and are trying to purify the Earth.
- Eientei seem to have known this would happen and are prepared.
- Marisa had been investigating the (Occult) Ball of the Lunar Capital, when all seven disappeared. The titular Kanjuden, perhaps?

Spoiler:
Edit: Oh yeah, we're taking a trip to the Moon too.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:50:43 PM by Kai »

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
« Reply #377 on: May 10, 2015, 12:46:58 PM »
All of the Lunar Rabbits have that crazy red eye that freaks me out when I try to look at their sprite in battle >.<

Spoiler:
But the story sounds interesting and the seems really hard, with the events of ULiL, I wonder what else will happen in Gensokyo.
Spoiler:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 01:01:09 PM by Komeiji11 »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2015, 12:51:24 PM »
Oh my god, I can't believe how difficult this game is.
I had to waypoint restart a solid 10 or 11 times on normal
:qq:

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2015, 12:51:43 PM »
Spoiler:
- Moon rabbits invaded Gensokyo and are trying to purify the Earth.

Spoiler:
This makes me shudder. The moon actively wants to destroy our beloved fantasy land this time, and honestly, they have very good chances to pull that off from what we saw. Hopefully, since this is a Touhou game, chances are that Reimu and co. will be able to put up some diplomatic relationships by caving in everyone's skulls and having a tea party with lots of sake afterwards. Just as usual.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #380 on: May 10, 2015, 01:05:40 PM »
Since the
Spoiler:
dream world
is involved, do you know what that means? 
Spoiler:
Gengetsu and Mugetsu are returning!

Formless God

« Reply #381 on: May 10, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »
Spoiler:
Gengetsu and Mugetsu are returning!
Spoiler:
[rape time intensifies]

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #382 on: May 10, 2015, 01:40:10 PM »
I should point out that the gameplay page on the wiki is mostly complete now. It still needs a little cleanup but all the important stuff's there.

Spoiler:
[rape time intensifies]

Interesting fact: the person who coined that now says that he regrets doing it.

Formless God

« Reply #383 on: May 10, 2015, 01:44:04 PM »
What happened
It used to be popular 7 years ago
fuck I feel old

« Reply #384 on: May 10, 2015, 01:59:41 PM »
Spoiler:
This makes me shudder. The moon actively wants to destroy our beloved fantasy land this time, and honestly, they have very good chances to pull that off from what we saw. Hopefully, since this is a Touhou game, chances are that Reimu and co. will be able to put up some diplomatic relationships by caving in everyone's skulls and having a tea party with lots of sake afterwards. Just as usual.

Spoiler:
Don't worry about that. There is no chance the moon can succeed on this. Eirin and Kaguya are most likely on Reimu's side this time. Eirin has backup plans for everything.

FLASH

• Still looking for the Hakurei shrine...
  • So close
« Reply #385 on: May 10, 2015, 02:09:49 PM »
i can't express how happy i am to see a Baku character in this game!  :)
it's one of my favourite Youkais and always one of those i wanted the most to see appear in Touhou lore someday!

plus what a fitting nice name too! i think Suspicious person you might be on to something here:
Doremi does sounds like how a Japanese would pronounce "Dream" ("Dorimuu" or something like that?  :3 ) so i'm inclined to believe it's a 100% intentionnal Pun by ZUN on "Sweet dreams" actually!

(he has done far fetched puns like these before: like in the PC-98 canon for exemple where Kana Anaberal = "Cape Canaveral" LOL. )

i know it's like whatever for everyone else  :derp: but that little detail alone is enough to make me glad this game exists, even if everything else in it ends up a disapointment (which i'm sure it won't!) .
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:30:55 PM by FLASH »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #386 on: May 10, 2015, 02:18:58 PM »
Spoiler:
Don't worry about that. There is no chance the moon can succeed on this. Eirin and Kaguya are most likely on Reimu's side this time. Eirin has backup plans for everything.

Spoiler:
Makes sense. Thank you.

I do wonder who's behind it, though. Watatsukis seem to be unlikely, since they're cool with Eirin, but anything's possible.

« Reply #387 on: May 10, 2015, 02:32:28 PM »
Somebody has already done music rip?
Easy: PoDD, FW, LoLK
Normal: SoEW, UFO, HSiFS
Hard: LLS, MS, EoSD, PoFW, MoF, SA, TD, DDC
Lunatic: PCB, IN
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, HSiFS; Phantasm

« Reply #388 on: May 10, 2015, 02:34:19 PM »
I probably won't be able to play this until the full release, but from the videos I've seen it looks muuuuch better than DDC. I think Ringo's patterns look pretty awful (as in not fun) but the stages, other bosses, and the music are all great. And really hard. Stage 3 looks like a typical extra stage -_-
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #389 on: May 10, 2015, 02:37:43 PM »
It was kinda mentioned already, but apparently Reisen
Spoiler:
is a honorary human now. Which I totally approve. Eat that, "there's no humans-only pattern among main game PCs" crowd!
Spoiler:
Mima and Yuuka in Touhou 5.

Still, it doesn't deny the fact that Reisen is still a lunar rabbit by default.  She's simply serving as a representative for humans.  Therefore, there is no need to tell people to eat their words and gloat..

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:41:47 PM by game2011 »