Author Topic: I need help on my touhou fan game.  (Read 2081 times)

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
I need help on my touhou fan game.
« on: February 08, 2016, 11:12:55 PM »
It's not really a fan game, but I want to make a Touhou stage. And I don't know how.

Basically I want it to be PC-98 style, using the graphics and music (I'm going to use "Dreamy Pilot" for the stage theme, and "Youkai Space Travel" for the boss theme). It takes a few cues from MegaMari, the stage being a Mega Man crossover with fairies dressed as Metools and Bass being the boss (I couldn't think of anyone else that could fit  :V). Could someone program the stage, as I write the dialogue? And if PC-98 style isn't an option, we could always settle on Windows - with Danmakufu. I think Dreamy Pilot and Youkai Space Travel have been rearranged by fans.
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: I need help on my touhou fan game.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 08:26:00 AM »
With all honesty, nobody is going to do (programming) work for you unless there is a trade in equal value or effort. In my opinion, writing dialogues isn't generally considered an effort (unless you're translating). Neither is designing a story line considered effort.

Since you're focussing on one stage, and not a full game, I don't see much trouble in learning it. A single stage is quite simple to make and we got plenty of resources to realise that. It all depends on your own effort and will.