Author Topic: Story of a Lost Sky - Touhou SRPG - v1.0.0  (Read 3639 times)

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
Story of a Lost Sky - Touhou SRPG - v1.0.0
« on: February 23, 2015, 06:23:51 PM »
Hello, good people of Shrinemaiden!

About our project

Story of a Lost Sky is a Strategy RPG (SRPG) that we've been working on. It draws from the tradition of SRPGs like Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics, with a strong Touhou twist. The story follows Youmu and her companions as she travels through the world of Gensokyo searching for Yuyuko and Yukari. Along the way we'll be making a trip to Youkai Mountain, the human village, and the Bamboo Forest. At the same time, the guardians of the Forest of Magic have recently awoken, found the place in an unacceptable state of disrepair and have started a campaign to retake the forest from the rest of Gensokyo.

When we started this project almost 7 years ago, we had no idea we'd be able to get this far. We recently presented Story of a Lost Sky v1.0.0 at Katsucon. This is the first story complete build of Story of a Lost Sky. We still have some while to go to finish it, especially with the sprites and other art assets, but 1.0.0 represents a major milestone as this is the first build that you can play from start to finish. A big thanks to all the people who have contributed to this project, whether you're still with us to this day or if you contributed way back in the day. We couldn't have gotten this far without you all! I'm planning on doing a lot of UI polish in the next few months, so any feedback that you can give would be immensely helpful!

The game is available on Windows as an executable. For Mac and Linux installing Python and Pygame allows you to run the project from source. It is forever freely available and published under an open source BSD licence.

Screenshots
[attach=2]
[attach=1]

Links

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Re: Story of a Lost Sky - Touhou SRPG - v1.0.0
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:04:33 AM »
Wow, that is good news. I am still watching this.

Chebinger

• Never go full Seija.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 07:52:57 PM »
I grabbed one of the hard copies at Katsu, but don't have a CD drive on my computer.

Whyyyyyyyy?

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »
Wonderful game, thank you!
I just recently started and i like the music (awesome tracks!), the characters and mechanics.

Buuuut why portrait of Yukari is walfas picture? >__<

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 04:30:17 AM »
Yep! That's part of the stuff we have to finish up. Jamuko's been really busy lately so she hasn't had a chance to work on the portraits before the latest release.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it!

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr