Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments VI  (Read 152222 times)

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments VI
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2010, 01:17:38 AM »
Hmm? The post Lily section is absurdly easy once you figure it out. It's much easier to do it normally than to timeout Lily.
Just see it for yourself.

Maybe you can fulfill the comment's request and do a full Lunasa run?

Hm, somehow you made it look easier than when Kefit managed to do it.  Maybe I'll look into it some more, and I'll look into doing a full Lunasa run too, although I make no guarantees about either one.  Dinner and class (baw school) first though.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2010, 01:34:37 AM »
Starting trying UNL Lunatic with Cirno again. Now that I've suddenly realized Sanae's frogs cost no spirit to graze, I can easily beat the first 3 stages no deaths.

Utsuho's Uncontainable Nuclear Dive is fairly trivial as well now, but her Jupiter card or whatever comes after the dive... its the worst thing in the entire run. The ring of suns doesn't hit you in the middle parts but its so weeird and vision-blocking.

Just game-overed on Alice's semifinal card after a sneak-attack giant laser from offscreen, but next time I should be able to win~

[EDIT]UNL LUNATIC YEEEAAAH. I didn't live past Alice's final spell though since I only had the HP to take one hit... thank god you still win anyway.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 02:08:53 AM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Re: Touhou Accomplishments VI: Return of the Lunatic
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2010, 02:17:58 AM »
FYI Serafie, "いるか? means "who's there?" :P
THIS IS SO HIDEOUSLY EMBARRASSING
HOW DID I FORGET THAT
;_;

Also, did a random run of SA Hard to see how badly it would go, ended up game overing on the stage portion of S6 because I forgot gapping existed :V
Much better than my last attempt which ended at Mt. Ooe. I...actually didn't have any deaths up until Satori! Then of course I lost four to her because I was too stubborn to bomb.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 02:20:38 AM by Serafie »

Formless God

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2010, 04:34:35 AM »
Captured Ageless Obsession (I love you 'Nut), Components of Konpaku and Danmaku Bounded Field in a joke run AT LAST.

What's more amusing is that I did this in the computer lab. FPS drops whenever the boss triggers a spell card, and there were no sound at all.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:39:13 AM by Formless God »

ebarrett

« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2010, 05:18:22 AM »
Mt. Ooe timeout.

Getting the video right was, as usual, a lot harder than pulling off the achievement.  :V

edit: gah, there's still some transparency. whatever.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:24:15 AM by ebarrett »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2010, 05:41:41 AM »
SA Stage 6 Hard 1DNB run.

After failing to perfect PCB Stage 6 Easy again and not performing at my peak in PCB Extra, I thought I'd play SA in a gamble to lift my spirits. Then this comes up, much to my amazement. My only death was on Hell's Tokamak, and I know I can fix that problem with more practice (for me, it's all about getting used to the trajectories while avoiding them "no vert" style). Despite not being a perfect run, I'd say that this tops my Stage 5 Normal perfect when it comes to skill accomplishment. There's even a lucky dodge right at the end of Nuclear Excursion for your viewing pleasure.

SA is officially my favorite Touhou game now. Being able to effectively measure my improvement and perform this well with legit practice means SA is doing something right in terms of its gameplay. None of the other three games I've played can come close to saying that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:43:50 AM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Drake

« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2010, 06:18:01 AM »
Finallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfina(ry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmKMg92WFps

Youtube finally decided to let my video through. This is a much, much earlier TAS of Legendary Flying Saucer and Yorimasa Genzanmi.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2010, 10:40:56 AM »
Random. Honestly wish I could do better, but it's so damn difficult considering my conditions.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Formless God

« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »
Noobish question~ What is EZ Mode ? Is it the same as your other crazy Extra run ? And where can I have it ?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2010, 11:06:32 AM »
Noobish question~ What is EZ Mode ? Is it the same as your other crazy Extra run ? And where can I have it ?
EZ Mode: One of the difficulties  :V
Similar to the Extra run that I did, I guess.
And link to the patch, which contains the Extra mod / hack, and the other difficulties as well. Same rules of "common sense" applies with all patches; backup or have an installation CD on-hand in case something goes wrong. And have a "clean" game.

EDIT: Probably check the readme that comes with it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:09:49 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2010, 06:56:03 PM »
Succes! After a respectable amount of attempts, I finally did it!
PCB perfect stage 6 lunatic. With SakuyaB of course.
Am I the only one who finds "Resurrection Butterfly" harder than "Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana"?

With this I've perfected every single stage in PCB, including Extra and Phantasm. So uhh...

PCB Perfect All Clear!   ;D

« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »
I tried out the EoSD Ultra hack. There's no way I'd ever 1cc that even with tool assistance. I did manage to beat 3 of the stages(in practice, not the actual game) without any assistance and could probably do stage 1 as well. Stage 2, Stage 3, and Stage 5. But they were all complete bombspam.

Edit: Stage 4 also done in practice and recorded. Maybe I'll record the others. Only Stage 1 left to do since stage 6 isn't humanly possible.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:53:29 PM by Enigma »

ebarrett

« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2010, 06:18:39 AM »
Finally cleared SoEW's extra stage. Absolutely craptastic run, comedy gold.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:30:43 AM by ebarrett »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2010, 10:00:06 PM »
I tried to perfect SA Stage 4 Hard this morning. Didn't get it, but something happened that I thought was impossible: I've actually gotten better at reading Double Black Death Butterfly. I still only capture it rarely (2 or 3 times during today's session), but some aspects of the bullet trajectories are indeed "learnable". That doesn't necessarily mean it's any better of a card, but still.

Then I gave Lunatic a try. Worked my way up to Stage 4 (I didn't feel like spending much time on the Lunatic version yet), spending surprisingly less time on Stage 3 than I thought I would. Of course I used continues. No way I'm 1cc'ing much of SA Lunatic yet.

Anyway, after that, I spent some time to practice Stage 1 Lunatic, and got this after a lot of grinding (I blame Kisume's sudden difficulty jump for delaying it). My first Lunatic perfect, and only two months after picking up Touhou. Practicing the stage also gave me some insight into why people hate Yamame's opener, though I wonder if that's because they're just not doing it right.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2010, 08:51:41 AM »
MoF No Bombs 1cc

Summary of deaths:
Stage 2:
Old Lady Ohgane's Fire (miscalculated Hina's death timing, and died as it cleared)

Stage 3:
Hydro Camouflage
Spin the Cephalic Plate (messed up the streaming)

Stage 4:
Aya's Opener (got careless and died as it cleared while trying to position myself for Saruta Cross)
NOT Peerless Wind God (I'm scaring myself with how well I can read this now)

Stage 5:
First half of Stage 5
Second half of Stage 5
Yasaka's Divine Wind (gee, I wonder which stage is my weakest stage!)

Stage 6:
Virtue of Wind God (nerves weren't going to let me capture this)

I've played this game far too much.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2010, 08:56:25 AM »
MoF No Bombs 1cc

Summary of deaths:
Stage 2:
Old Lady Ohgane's Fire (miscalculated Hina's death timing, and died as it cleared)

Stage 3:
Hydro Camouflage
Spin the Cephalic Plate (messed up the streaming)

Stage 4:
Aya's Opener (got careless and died as it cleared while trying to position myself for Saruta Cross)
NOT Peerless Wind God (I'm scaring myself with how well I can read this now)

Stage 5:
First half of Stage 5
Second half of Stage 5
Yasaka's Divine Wind (gee, I wonder which stage is my weakest stage!)

Stage 6:
Virtue of Wind God (nerves weren't going to let me capture this)

I've played this game far too much.

Dude. Quit stealin' Kefit and FAV's greatest accomplishments. Or one-up them and do even better, either way. Awesome job.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2010, 06:12:55 PM »
IN Hard 1cc no focus, finished 3/1. Screwed up Hourai Jewel pretty badly, but it was still fun~

Maybe I should try this for all of the games before moving it up to Lunatic. :V

Spoiler:
Also goddamn I originally posted this in the rage thread <_<
Let's fight.

Jaimers

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2010, 06:34:40 PM »
EoSD lunatic 1cc'd with all shottyes.
Also finally stopped being lazy and actually finished this vid.

Pacifist EX Alice.

« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2010, 09:11:08 PM »
Did Krim just do that? Well, apparently - yes he did. Well congratulations with that. I guess it doesn't beat Kefits though as he captured all but two cards iirc. Including VoWG. At Peerless Wind God though, I'm very impressed at how you are able to do anything but pray to whatever you hold dear for success.

-------------

Myself just tried out MS Extra again. Beat it first try with two lives to spare but there was soooo much slow-down! Are my laptop gonna melt? Its the same with EoSD. Not with any Touhou game beyond those though.

Jaimers

« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2010, 10:55:14 PM »
PCB no focus lunatic 1cc.

Ended 3/2. Wasn't particularly difficult.
I really should have captured Resurrection Butterfly, I failed because of my own stupidity.

EDIT
PoFV lunatic 1cc with Tewi.

Tewi is actually pretty awesome. Her level 1 is very good to clear bullets since the spirits will always be activated around you. Plus you won't rage when you die with gauge left thanks to  her support ability.
That makes 11 characters who I've 1cc'd lunatic with.
The only ones left now are Sakuya, Youmu and Reisen.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:34:10 PM by Jaimers »

Drake

« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2010, 12:07:36 AM »
IMPERISHABLE
NIGHT
LUNATIC
1CC

I AM ON A ROLL

« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2010, 01:10:50 AM »
That's kind of a low score, but congrats.

Just 13cc'd SA Lunatic. First credit got to Yugi's last card then I had bullets spawned on top of me since I wasn't expecting that. Next credit got to stage 4. Satori and Orin didn't take too many credits.  Mostly it was the stages. 6 credits for Utsuho.

This game is nowhere near as BS as MoF. I can't even clear that one with continues and in SA I can at least see how the stages might be doable without bombing. It does have a few BS spots as well though. Got a lot of practice to do though.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:13:17 AM by Enigma »

ebarrett

« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2010, 01:54:46 AM »
PoFV lunatic Tewi 1cc. Replay bugged on me, though. Died three times to Shikieiki, got the 70m extend no more than five seconds before losing my last life in the third round. Lucky~

Tewi is actually pretty awesome.
LIES
Spoiler:
unless you like faceslamming spirits

Only Yuka and Youmu remaining, but lol me doing anything with these two.

edit to avoid double post: HRtP lunatic no bombs Makai 6cc. One continue before Elis, one vs. Elis, one before Sariel, two vs. Sariel. From YuugenMagan onwards survival is a nightmare, and scoring is non-existant.... meh.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 03:11:02 AM by ebarrett »

Drake

« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2010, 03:06:44 AM »
That's kind of a low score, but congrats.
For the moment, survival took priority over Time and Points.

ebarrett

« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2010, 03:14:05 AM »
For the moment, survival took priority over Time and Points.
Don't worry, I managed to score lower on my Youmu 1cc  :V

« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2010, 03:39:46 AM »
LIES
Spoiler:
unless you like faceslamming spirits
This only happens to me with Mystia.

She's still my second favorite character in PoFV though (1st being Yuka).

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2010, 06:05:02 AM »
I came deliciously close to an EoSD Normal 1cc~ Did perfect up to stage four, continued once on stage five. I also captured Curse of Vlad Tepes + Red Magic, woo! Best EoSD play I've ever done :>

Finally cleared SoEW's extra stage. Absolutely craptastic run, comedy gold.
That ending was just hilarious

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2010, 06:13:28 AM »
SA Stage 5 Hard 2DNB run.

My best performance on the stage yet, despite the two deaths. One was at the end of the first pellet hell section, the other during Orin's second spellcard (I fell into an old habit and trapped myself; I'll be sure to pay more attention in the future). All of a sudden, this seems remotely doable. I doubt it'll actually happen for a while, but you never know.

If you consider each level's stage and main boss as individual sections, I've now perfected or 1DNB'ed each section of all the Hard Mode stages. Perhaps I should try for that Hard 1cc soon? I'll be free to use bombs and gapping there, at least.

Formless God

« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2010, 02:01:30 PM »
Yesterday I failed my Hard 1cc at Reflowering (actually I rammed into Youmu three times and went into S6 with too few lives).

Then all of a sudden, I did a 1-miss Yuyuko Lunatic. I went and captured every of her spell cards except for Divine Soul, Reflowering and teal-knives. Yeah, Demon Dance, Butterfly Delusion, and Sumizome Perfect Blossom -Bloom- first successful capture, in the same run. I stopped breathing when Border of Life kicked in, which resulted in a clipdeath at Reflowering.

That means Kaguya is the hardest final boss now ? And I can finally do a Lunatic 1cc ?

Jaimers

« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »
PoFV lunatic 1cc with Reisen.

12 characters done. Only Sakuya and Youmu remain.
What really surprised me was that I somehow managed to score over 120 million points.
I don't think I've ever scored so high in this game.  o_O
This was my first time reaching the 70 million extend.  :V

EDIT
Final boss extravaganza!

MoF perfect stage 6 lunatic
PCB perfect stage 6 lunatic

EDIT 2 LOL

PoFV lunatic 1cc with Sakuya.

Remember when Kefit said in his LP of EoSD how he sometimes goes in this trance like state of superhuman play?
...yeah, the second round against Komachi. Holy hell the second round against Komachi.
I just no hit the entire thing, dodging everything pixel perfectly in dense waves of bullets.
If you watch the replay, you would think it was TAS'd.

This was quiet possibly my best run of PoFV ever.
I didn't die in stage 6 and I won against Shiki on the second round, something I have never done before.

Welp, all who's left now is Youmu.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:08:45 AM by Jaimers »