Author Topic: [TH08] Why I'm gettin' player penalty if I didn't get hit?  (Read 3623 times)

TS666

[TH08] Why I'm gettin' player penalty if I didn't get hit?
« on: September 10, 2014, 12:03:02 AM »
Hello, I'm talkin' 'bout this:

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-67sa7S7s_eo/VA-RwW47BlI/AAAAAAAAAko/ytI6pTKf4Zw/s1200/why%2520penalty.png

As you can see there's a penalty message with the multiplier set to x0.1 but at that point I didn't loss a life nor a spell, so I can't stand why I'm gettin' player penalty. Do you know 'bout that?.

Re: [TH08] Why I'm gettin' player penalty if I didn't get hit?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 12:09:36 AM »
You're playing with more than the default number of lives (3). The scoring system includes modifiers to reduce your score to stop the extra lives making your end-of-level/game bonuses utterly ridiculous. The modifier depends on how many lives you're playing with.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 12:59:13 AM »
Btw any particular reason why your game window is stretched horizontally? The game was designed for 4:3, not 16:9.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

TS666

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 11:06:54 PM »
You're playing with more than the default number of lives (3). The scoring system includes modifiers to reduce your score to stop the extra lives making your end-of-level/game bonuses utterly ridiculous. The modifier depends on how many lives you're playing with.
Ah thanks!. I always had it on 6, I didn't notice 'bout that :D.
IN is quite hard to stand.

Btw any particular reason why your game window is stretched horizontally? The game was designed for 4:3, not 16:9.
I use the program Sizer to make the game bigger than it is and help myself to improve my skills.