Author Topic: [RANDOM CHALLENGE] Double Spoiler 2.0: Seija Edition  (Read 2120 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
[RANDOM CHALLENGE] Double Spoiler 2.0: Seija Edition
« on: June 23, 2014, 03:11:08 AM »
Challenge:
Clear all the scenes in ISC using only the camera as both the main and sub-item.

Setting Up:
  • Make a backup of your C:\...\AppData\Roaming\ShanghaiAlice and make a blank score file.
  • Clear all scenes (no no-item-clears!) until day 6.
  • Equip the camera in both slots.
  • Clear all the scenes with Camera-Camera.

How to Win
Clear all scenes with the camera, and post a video/replay(s) in this thread to be added to the leader board.

Leader Board:
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: [RANDOM CHALLENGE] Double Spoiler 2.0: Seija Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 03:14:23 AM »
Technically, having the camera out but not using it is still clearing with the camera.  I for one am not interested in doing this because 10-4 exists. (and 7-4, and a couple others that were huge pains to no item).

That, and I don't really like how the camera handles in this game.  If anyone can do this, good for them.  I'll settle for my (irrelevant)/(doll or camera or orb) clears :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 04:03:57 AM »
Yeah, part of the issue is that for several of the scenes, you may as well be doing a no item challenge, which is super-player-tier hard. In fact, since you have to use camera as sub, it's even HARDER than a no item challenge for some of the problem scenes; the wide shot is actually pretty dang important in several of them, or at least quite helpful. There's several cases where the camera just doesn't really help, and the wide shot is just better... and that's on the scenes that are already very hard to clear no-item in the first place.

It's a cool idea, but it doesn't actually make a fun challenge, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:06:37 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »
This could be interesting (for those who enjoy the StB/DS style at least) if some kind of patch were made so that the camera dealt a significant amount of damage to bosses, enough to capture even the highest-health spellcards in at most 10 shots.

...so that the challenge could then be not only to just use the camera, but also not shoot.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:40:32 PM by Karisa »