Author Topic: Junko's Head Bobbing  (Read 4958 times)

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
Junko's Head Bobbing
« on: October 20, 2015, 02:16:41 AM »
This needs to become a thing.

Why hasn't anyone made a gif of it yet?
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: Junko's Head Bobbing
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 07:32:32 AM »
What head bobbing?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 07:56:07 AM »
Elaboration and clarification required to avoid unnecessary spammy/random threads.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 11:26:10 AM »
Try again, please.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 03:27:25 PM »
I am fairly certain he's talking about her head from her ingame sprite going up and down one pixel every few frames. I can't find the video again, but it was impossible to unsee.

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 04:04:08 PM »
Are you playing on a low resolution? The scaling effect on characters during dialogue does strange things on lower resolutions, although I'd say the head-bob effect is more noticeable on Sagume than Junko.
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »
Either way this seems like it might be a more appropriate question for AAA. But I'm willing to wait a little for OP to clarify first.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 08:32:35 PM »
I am fairly certain he's talking about her head from her ingame sprite going up and down one pixel every few frames. I can't find the video again, but it was impossible to unsee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDaSw4E9-xM#t=29m38s

To be honest, I am not seeing it.

Edit:
Ok so it isn't her idle pose but during her ball throw into laser attack thingi spell card, her attack pose / sprite her head seems to go up and down indeed.

So am I missing a meme or something from Japan or?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:39:36 PM by Helepolis »

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 09:06:36 PM »
Ah, yeah, I thought that it was a normal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDaSw4E9-xM#t=29m38s

To be honest, I am not seeing it.

Edit:
Ok so it isn't her idle pose but during her ball throw into laser attack thingi spell card, her attack pose / sprite her head seems to go up and down indeed.

So am I missing a meme or something from Japan or?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of. I think it might have been my PC that was causing some confusion, since it happened for me more than most (it's still pretty awesome to see Junko head-bobbing to her theme though).
Sudo make me a sandwich.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 11:57:56 PM »
You can see it better in her survival spellcard since she stands still with no magic circles around her and whatsoever.

To be really honest the first thing that came to my head when noticing that was that guy from family guy that goes GIGGIDY GIGGIDY or something like that.  I cannot unsee it......

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 04:49:08 PM »
I always thought she was laughing evilly at you while doing that.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »
I didn't even notice. I was busy dodging bullets while humming along with the music while remembering various scenes from Inside Out because somehow, Junko's theme reminds me of that movie.