Author Topic: League of Legends - Champions GATHER!  (Read 139021 times)

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
Re: League of Legends - Champions GATHER!
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2011, 08:30:03 AM »
Well, the patch notes have been released. I like the changes to Overload and Rune Prison, but the rest is going to have a questionable effect on his performance. That being said, he hasn't undergone any, "Improvement;" he's just been tremendously overhauled.
I eat squirrels.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2011, 07:14:33 PM »
Complete overhaul sounds cool t'me. I like how they described him as a 'magic machinegun'. :V

Also, Maokai's skins look bitchin' and he just looks cool as shit and is probably 6300.

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2011, 08:12:03 PM »
I have 10k IP; want some?

I've already purchased all the champions I have an interest in playing, and completed my rune pages for them, so I've just about ran out of options on what to buy. If you took a look at my profile in-game, you'll see that I only ever play as Malzahar; because he's too awesome :|

There's really only a few champions whose styles are suitable to my preferences - and the fact that I'm guaranteed to have my performance degraded by lag means that it's impossible for me to be successful with people whose success relies upon skillshots; so ezreal and kennen, both of whom I have an appreciation for, are completely out-of-bounds for me. So yeah, I have more than I need to spend.
I eat squirrels.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2011, 04:08:26 AM »
I have 10k IP; want some?

Bwuh. How the fuck did you get so much?

Also, I love the new Ryze.

And this Sion did /not/ want to learn to back the fuck off when at half health.

Quote from: from a chat
And I killed this guy once. I thought 'okay, that was luck on my part'.

And then again.

And again. And I was numerous levels higher than him at this point in the match.

And he would not GO AWAY. He decided to rush me every time we met. I was 11. He was 9.

I popped my ultimate and wailed on him. He died within about thirty seconds.

:V
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:33:47 PM by Playably Youmu »

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2011, 04:05:09 PM »
Sooo, what do you guys think of the new IP amounts? No Update here yet in the EU but on the US Servers the amounts of IP seem to be broken.
Let's hope we get a lot more IP than what it currently is there, i think less than 40 minutes means less IP than before.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »
I got 50some from a thirty minute game, plus the 8 for a matched (solo queue, I think) game.

Yeah... it could stand to be a bit higher, honestly. Especially since treeman is 6300. :(

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2011, 09:20:09 PM »
I had somewhere around a 45~47 minute win and got 97 IP (not counting first win bonus and such) for it. I figured it would be higher than that.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2011, 12:28:05 AM »
If/when I get my tower back up and running (speaking of, brb, going to go hassle my friend who owes me the fan I need to fix my comp...) I plan on getting LoL, and as you may have noticed, I was asking about healy-supporty types. What's the player limit per team per game? If it's more or less one hero per lane, then being a healer seems like it'd be a terrible idea :ohdear: but if it's upwards of six per team, then maybe it'd be worthwhile to be a wandering - or pocket - healer. And if THAT is the case, well, then... I'll be needing to get set up ASAP so I can get used to it, then I'll be wanting lots of friends to team up alongside of :D

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2011, 12:34:03 AM »
There's 5v5 and 3v3 currently. In 5v5 you usually have 1 person on mid lane and 2 on top and bottom. In 3v3 it's typically 1 top and 2 bottom. So in either configuration a healer/support is a nice addition.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2011, 12:35:20 AM »
Depending on the map, it's either a 3v3 or 5v5. From what I've seen, most people prefer Summoner's Rift (5v5).

Lanes normally go like this:

Top - Two heroes, normally melee/ranged.

Middle - Solo ranged hero.

Bottom - Two heroes, also melee/ranged.

It depends on who you're playing with (champion and player-wise), but that's how I've seen it go in most of my matches. My last game, for instance, had me (Zilean) and a Karthus in the top lane and we did surprisingly well.

Also: If you get Zil and like him, Chronoshift and Rewind are your best friends and so, so fucking potentially overpowered that it's not funny.

Edit: Basically what this new, more colorful Yoshi said.

Edit2: I just realized that Ryze's Spell Flux (pingpong magic) and Ultimate have a longer cooldown. This is sad.

I think they do anyway.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:41:17 AM by Somewhat Mystia »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2011, 12:43:05 AM »
I wish people would use more DotA like set ups, like 3 top, 1 mid, 1 bot. This leads to an absolute victory at top, strong mid winning the lane, and a farmer at bottom.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2011, 12:43:29 AM »
I've edited the first post with all the nicks that have been posted thus far. Viva la LoL!

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2011, 12:44:40 AM »
That... makes quite a bit of sense. We should get into a group and try that sometime.

I'm always curious, though... Why is mid the 'solo' lane for most groups? I mean, it's the fastest (i think) route. Why not send two or three there and the rest elsewhere? :/

Edit: Holy hell. Thanks, Riot!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:46:53 AM by Somewhat Mystia »

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2011, 01:42:35 AM »
That... makes quite a bit of sense. We should get into a group and try that sometime.

I'm always curious, though... Why is mid the 'solo' lane for most groups? I mean, it's the fastest (i think) route. Why not send two or three there and the rest elsewhere? :/
Let me explain the whole concept:

The point the laning phase is to level up and get gold, so obviously the hero in the solo lane gets twice as much gold and exp than the other lanes.
Mid is usually solo because it's harder to gank(it may have 2 entrances but the large space at the bush makes a huge difference!) and everyone would prefer to have the guy alone on a lane to be in a safer location instead of having 2 players in a safe location because they have advantage in numbers.

I don't know at what Skilllevel you play, but later you will see players start jungling, which means one player will kill the neutral mobs in the jungle instead of going on a sidelane. Again, this has the advantage that you now have 2 solo lanes, the jungling guy also gets a nice amount of gold and since the enemy team can't see where he is, he can also set up ganks easily.

Now pushing a tower early means that you cannot safely farm anymore, because the creeps will get pushed beyond the destroyed tower and then you're stuck in the enemy lane, where you can very easily get flanked from the jungle. Also, early on, pushing is much harder because you do less damage to creeps, so 2 players should be easily able to defend against 3 players by just sitting under the tower, widening the exp and gold gap while you're unable to push farther, unless you manage to kill them(which will probably reduce your hp by a lot) and even then the time spent dead is very short compared to the later phase.

Another random tip: If you really, really want to use 3 people to push, let them all take the bottom lane. The reason for this is simply that the dragon is located between top and mid and it will spawn earlier than Baron(which you can't kill until much later anyway unless you use some silly builds). The dragon is somewhat easy to kill with a team and it will provide your entire team with as much gold as you would get for killing 2 heroes(the whole amount is split between the 5 players).

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2011, 04:06:21 AM »
Huh... I honestly never thought of it like that.

It makes sense that the mid lane is the safest, though. That extra space between the bushes does a huge disadvantage for someone wanting to pop in, kill something, and pop back out.

And yeah, I've seen a few junglers. My buddy, when he introduced me, did a bit of jungling while his lane was clear (as Warwick).

Speaking of Baron, does everyone (alive) on the killing team get the buff or just allies in the immediate area?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2011, 05:01:02 AM »
Everyone alive

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2011, 05:02:03 AM »
All living allies get the buff.

I'm play a lot of jungle Yi myself, and 99% of the time it's 1 top, 1 mid, 2 bot. A good Ranged carry and a good AP carry usually do well in those solo lanes. The bottom is usually a tank and a support. Have 2 bot means there's 3 people who will jump you at dragon should they realize you're attempting it. (mid is included)

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2011, 05:44:27 AM »
I wish people would use more DotA like set ups, like 3 top, 1 mid, 1 bot. This leads to an absolute victory at top, strong mid winning the lane, and a farmer at bottom.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea; top lane runs the risk of being underleveled, though, especially if the tower push is delayed because they're fighting a strong counter-pusher, such as mordekaiser or sivir.
I eat squirrels.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2011, 01:11:49 PM »

It doesn't work that way because the heroes in LoL are radically different from the heroes in DotA, and the item setups are much more varied and dynamic. It's hard to stick with traditional DotA setups nowadays because LoL's heroes are much more diverse. 3-1-1 and 1-1-3 setups tend to be more underlevelled than not in LoL due to how the heroes work this time around. Junglers/roamers are much more powerful here though than in DotA, arguably.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2011, 04:39:50 PM »
Yay, found a thread about LoL :P

Anyways, if anyone would want to play a game on EU side im Moltentruros. I usually play caster heroes (Mainly Anivia and Karthus which i just got.)

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2011, 04:54:26 PM »
I've been wanting to try and get half-decent with Karthus, honestly.

He seems like he could be insanely fun and insane annoying to the enemy team!

Also, me'n Yoshi were talking... I'm not sure how well anyone /knows/ Karthus, but...

Say you pick Revive for one of your spells. You die in the middle of a teamfight or a charge at the enemy's base. You get your eight-or-so seconds of casting off from his passive. After youREALLY die, you use Revive and pop Requiem.

Would that be a half-decent plan or is Revive still mostly worthless?

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2011, 05:33:31 PM »
I would still say that Revive is pretty bad, especialy on Karthus since his passive reduces the time he is dead, but the idea seems good

And also, just went 14/0/7 as Karthus :) Best game ever as him so far and i have only played 3 games as him since i got him.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2011, 07:12:43 PM »
Whoa, his passive reduces his downtime, too? I thought it was just a cast-after-death kinda thing, but that's just cool as hell.

And congrats on the good game!

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2011, 07:18:52 PM »
Thank you! But it's not as good as my 18/0/10 or 17/0/17 Anivia games :)

Trying to get Lux now for Final Spark! (Or because i love playing casters)

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »
So close to Level 20!  :ohdear:

I've been hoarding IP until I get to Level 20 so I can buy a chunk of runes. I'm planning to get mana regen per 5 per level (at level 18 = etc) for Glyphs and Seals and getting either Armor Pen or Magic Pen on marks depending on if I want to go with Teemo or Miss Fortune.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »
I also used to hoard IP for a while when i didn't know what champion to get. So i ended up with around 11k IP for which i bought 9 blue CD runes and 9 red Magic Penetration runes.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2011, 08:32:50 PM »
Lux is fun. Just make sure you don't fail at laser aiming. Also, you can spam Master Sparkle to farm creeps waves.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2011, 09:34:43 PM »
Yeah, and since i go CD reduction runes i would be able to use it even more :)

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »
How do you guys manage to actually save up IP for runes? Everytime I decide to get tier 3 runes I end up getting tier 1 and a new exciting champion instead.  :V

9x flat CDR? That's more than Kog'maw or Blitzcrank or pretty much every new released champion these days.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2011, 02:15:25 AM »
I haven't really been buying runes I'm just saving up until I hit 20 for them. The thing is I'm pretty content with Miss Fortune and I do try out other champs but haven't really ever found one I enjoy more yet. And really, the runes I want are all cheap soooo... yeah.