Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 19: Forever waiting for Gungho NA edition  (Read 140793 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Puzzle & Dragons 19: Still waiting for Awoken Egyptians edition -_-
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2015, 10:37:49 AM »
Awoken Bastet

New Stats: 3560 HP/1357 ATK/455 RCV
New LS: 5x Combo = x3.0, 6 Combo = x3.5, 7 Combo = x4.0 - When skill is activated on the turn, ATK x1.5
New AS: 3 turns of all targets Attack, 1 turn of time extend for 2 sec 5 cooldown

Awoken Ra

L/R Devil/God

Stats: 4355 HP/1300 ATK/366 RCV
New AS: Sunburst Knuckle - Deals 77777 dmg to all enemies, ignores DEF. For 1 turns extend time to match orbs for 3 sec
New LS: When matching all 5 colors, ATK x5. When a skill is activated on the turn, ATK x2 for God and Devil types
New Awakenings: Unbindable (Bind Resist x2) + Skill Block Resist + Jammer Resist + 2x Skill Boost + Light Orb Enhance + Time Extend

Awoken Horus

R/D Devil/God

Stats: 3375 HP/1324 ATK/570 RCV
New AS: Reversal Flame - Enhance all the Fire orbs, for 1 turn extend time to match orbs for 1 sec
New LS: When matching 4 colors, ATK x4. When matching 5 colors, ATK x4.5. When a skill is activated on the turn, ATK x1.5 for God types
New Awakenings: 2x Red Orb Enhance + 2x Skill Boost + 2x Skill Block Resist + Time Extend + TPA

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:58:05 AM by tranceHiME »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2015, 11:08:12 AM »
Oh good, 2.5x skillups are out. Time to use all of the materials I've been saving.

0/11.

Seriously, like genuinely, fuck this game.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2015, 11:24:43 AM »
Holy fucking shit, Ra.

I like how you have to build actual subtype teams for horus and ra but bastet gets a free pass.

That's...pretty meanspirited, really.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:35:41 AM by Chaore »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2015, 11:42:24 AM »
Holy fucking shit, Ra.

I like how you have to build actual subtype teams for horus and ra but bastet gets a free pass.

Multiplier cap of Ra: x100
Multiplier cap of Horus: x45.56
Multiplier cap of Bastet: x36

:V :V :V

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2015, 11:53:27 AM »
Holy fucking shit, Ra.

I guess their reasoning is because Horus and Ra are rainbow leaders so restricting their colors would be kind of stupid, while bastet gets the free pass because she's a combo leader.

As for my opinion on the new Horus I am... I guess you could say underwhelmed? The art is kind of really meh, tbh. He lost a lot of attack (600-ish, which hurts) although he did gain a fuckton of RCV to compensate (THANK YOU). His awakenings are fucking amazing in every possible way shape and form. I don't even care that he has fire orb enhances.

No, my problem really is just his typing, Devil/God is a combination of the two best typings in the game although his leader skill restricting him to just Gods makes him lose more than half of the potential versatility, plus, he's not attacker anymore which kills GZL as a 100% optimal sub (although fortunately it doesn't kill my dream team, I just need to find someone to replace GZL).

I would be a very happy man if they gave him god/devil on his leader skill, then he would probably be one of the best leaders in the game.

I mean, overall this is actually a really great Awoken Horus and I'm pleased they decided to drop the heart shenanigans entirely, unfortunately I'm just kind of underwhelmed.

Plus, Horus is still the only Egyptian god that doesn't benefit from hearts in any way, shape or form.

gungho please ;_;

@Edit

Quick math indicates that Awoken Horus's Weighted stats are the 27th highest in the game, just below uvo LKali, just above uvo Goemon, at 792,3 Weighted. (Actually 26th if you go check but Awoken Ra pushes him one spot below so :V)

Bastet has 779,6 Weighted and Ra has 817,5 Weighted. Putting them at the 37th (just below non-uvo LMeta, just above B/B Isis) and 9th (Just below non-uvo GOdin, just above War Dragon Nobunaga) highest spots, respectively.

holyshit ra
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:26:47 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2015, 12:43:45 PM »
twitter thinks YamaP just hates Horus

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2015, 12:55:25 PM »
twitter thinks YamaP just hates Horus

tbh the only way for them to not think that would be a "x5 when matching 4 colors, +0,5 per extra color, includes hearts" sort of leader skill.

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2015, 12:57:41 PM »
(new sheet)

Holy. Crap.

THAT is how you make use of the "skill activated on turn" abilities. This is the power I was originally expecting from them. I approve!

Holy fucking shit, Ra.

EDIT: No she does not. It is 1.5x to wood cards only when a skill is used.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:00:32 PM by OverlordChirei »

« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2015, 01:46:24 PM »
...reroll and either post here what you got or pop into the IRC channel, there's probably enough general knowledge that any one person can tell you what's decent to keep.

Several roll-delete cycles later and I still haven't gotten anything good. I'll keep trying after classes today.

The best I got was a "very rare" 4-star monster.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2015, 02:11:49 PM »
Just watched my roommate feed 11 Mitsuki skillups during the 2.5x event and get one skillup. So our combined record, and the entire sample size I have, is 1/22. On an alleged 25% chance.

Fuck. This.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2015, 02:16:30 PM »
If you don't mind waiting a few days, there's bound to be a Godfest at the end of the month.  The odds of getting a good roll in the selected pantheons increase quite a bit so it might be worth saving yourself the hassle.  Plus there's a handful of guys that only show up during Godfests that would be good for a beginner, such as Red Sonia (you can rofl your way through the game just ask Edible  :V) and the Norns Verdandi, Urd and Skuld, who also have the benefit of having fantastic art IMO.  Green Odin too would let you cheeseball your way through content to get you a more pewpew team.

Also Ares is a starter roll for cool kids and who doesn't want to be a cool kid  :colbert:
(no there's a lot better choices now than when I started so you don't have to resist/tank your way through early descends as much as it pains me to say)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »
I don't actually think rerolling is that necessary, especially if waiting for a godfest means missing a few days of free event stones. Collect some stones, do a few different rolls on the godfest, and you should be fine. Unless is turns out to be an archangel/archdemon/greek fest and drops only subs, but thrn waiting isn't going to help anyway.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2015, 03:05:35 PM »
Okay they made Awoken Ra rad as hell.

What I'm wondering is if the leader skill stacks. If it gets x2 when a skill is used, does that mean it gets x4 when two Ra leaders are used? What if the active skill used is Izanagi, Muse, or Lu Bu? Because if so you just skyrocketed from 50x to 100x to x200 - x250, depending how you laid your team out.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »
What I'm wondering is if the leader skill stacks. If it gets x2 when a skill is used, does that mean it gets x4 when two Ra leaders are used? What if the active skill used is Izanagi, Muse, or Lu Bu? Because if so you just skyrocketed from 50x to 100x to x200 - x250, depending how you laid your team out.

yes.  it is exactly the same as stuff like Valkitty

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2015, 03:25:14 PM »

Orochi's been dreaming of this day.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2015, 03:50:09 PM »
Holy crap, Ra just blew everything AWAY there, didnt he?

Also re: Matsypic
The...the horror if you HADN'T had Orochi though.  My brain broke a little til I saw him and your statement mentioning him.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »
Times like this make me appreciate Gabriel even more. He will ruin all Piis.

Speaking of: Gabriel plus PAD Academy?

Give me Gabriel Sensei please.

I don't know if I could handle that.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2015, 04:50:31 PM »
Holy crap, Ra just blew everything AWAY there, didnt he?

Also re: Matsypic
The...the horror if you HADN'T had Orochi though.  My brain broke a little til I saw him and your statement mentioning him.

It would have been instant death, yes. I was able to tank a set of 3 pys the round before, but with my current health the three at the ready would have killed me. So Orochi saved me there, for sure.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2015, 05:21:41 PM »
Ok Gungho good job I'm satisfied with this bastet.
She lost her row for a second poison resist so double leads give you 80% poison resist like Neptune.
Stats are AMAZING.
Active looks pointless but then you realize you have to do 7c with TPA honestly you'll only barely manage to do it consistently even with double fingers on both leads, 2 sec makes it safer on the turn it matters.
Leader skill is wow. They made Egypt the representative of raw power again. Every skill you use is now a type/element enhance.
They're still not good subs but wow they have always been like that and those awakening man they did everything right.
Good job Gungho

Hype

« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2015, 05:25:41 PM »
PAD Academy?

How to get me to use money on this game:

Step 1)

there is no step 2

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2015, 06:07:47 PM »
Excuse me while I wipe my nose a bit.  A+ application of ZR, quite.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2015, 06:21:47 PM »
No, no, we need Gabriel cosplaying Mikisugi from Kill La Kill (picture the uvo...).

Or I guess I would take Hera-Is Sensei sitting on a desk with a frozen apple. Generic schoolgirls are the coward's way out!

Also, gym class Odin

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2015, 06:22:53 PM »
Okay that's much better.

Bastet looks great now. She gets her old playstyle back and synergy with all wood subs has returned. Her not so useful row has been changed to another sorta useful poison resist.
Her active still kind of sucks but whatever it's on a low cooldown and basically exists to active her leader skill when you have nothing else to use.
Although she's still not an attacker, GZL+Liu Bei combo still works and does wonders since you have Liu hitting with triple TPA plus x36 from leader skill on top of GZL x2 boost which I'm pretty sure can one hit anything.
Pretty much better than the original in every way. The only thing she trades is 4.5x at 8 combo and the tiny 1.15x boost, yeah none of those will be missed when you can now hit x6.

Ra got a nice revamp of his awakenings and his new leader skill is crazy. Basically free 100x with every Kali active oh baby. Downside is you don't have reliable damage off random boards. Still with max skilled/awoken Ras and Kalis you can have everything up turn 1. Another downside is with Kali and Dkalis stacks you need one B/G sub. I guess Muse could take that spot and give you a silly 250x :V. It would make more sense though to have something with a low cooldown + utility though... so I guess Isis :V
Really though you can use almost anything since he boosts both Gods and Devils.
Overall it's a bit of a tradeoff vs Light Ra since you don't have consistent damage without good actives, but if you have a ton of Kalis just sitting around then there's no question to go for this guy.

Horus also got much better awakenings but is a bit more shafted in other respects. Active is still lol orb enhance although I guess it has synergy with his awakenings. He has pretty much perfect synergy with RValk who is a god, covers light, and converts heart orbs to fire. Other than that uh you gotta cover B/G so again Muse/Isis :V
Still he's way better than regular Horus, since you're only losing 5x at 5 atts and his base attack, and in return you get better awakenings, sorta better active, better RCV, and a leader skill that hits for almost as hard as Juggler's. And I guess you have to build gods but I'm pretty sure all of his optimal subs are god types so eh.

Hopefully Isis still can uses Hearts to count towards her combos to differentiate her from Horus. Otherwise x3 for 3 atts, 3.5x for 4 atts, 4x for 5 atts still sounds like a worse Horus.
Also please make her active bind heal + timeup and not HP heal + timeup. I know they want to keep their original abilities but seriously that Bind heal means so much for Isis now.
Although I guess even if they made it a useless heal, you can just use it for boosting purposes and with just Nut+Reine you have the x1.5 boost up 100% of the time.
Then you just need to cover Dark and Red, which can be handled with DKali or Bodin+uh... dammit Water/Fires still suck, but I guess Echidna works lol.

also dat hera

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »
What I'm suddenly wondering is if Ra is 5x for 5 attributes only, or can he match hearts too? Because that gives him a nice, fair balance in between his two normal ults, and the additional damage buff is just there to make him absolutely ridiculous. I'm still having trouble comprehending a fairly easy x250 with Lu Bu on the team or even x300 with King Baddie. Such damage even puts One True God Anubis to shame.

Which makes me wonder just how utterly ridiculous Anubis will be. :V

« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2015, 07:22:33 PM »
What I'm suddenly wondering is if Ra is 5x for 5 attributes only, or can he match hearts too?

I think both him and Horus say that you must "attack" with five attributes. Since you cannot attack with hearts, I assume this is not the case. That'll probably get reserved for Isis maybe.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »
I think both him and Horus say that you must "attack" with five attributes. Since you cannot attack with hearts, I assume this is not the case. That'll probably get reserved for Isis maybe.

This is correct. Otherwise Ra is way too good lol. 5/5 colours have a really bad orbtroll rate but you can stack lkalis lol.

Trance has all that. OP. do eet lol

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2015, 07:26:18 PM »
You can't "stack" Lkalis when you only have one :V

(or none)

So at the end of the day not having her still cripples Ra's performance, but eh.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2015, 07:30:36 PM »
I have two Kalis, three Ras, and appropriate utility subs. I am ready.

Seems like one Ra lead and one Kali lead might be the way to go. Damage should be plenty and it lets you squeeze in another Kali active.

Ra/Kali/Kali/BMeta/Rose/Kali?

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2015, 07:46:58 PM »
I have two Kalis, three Ras, and appropriate utility subs. I am ready.

Seems like one Ra lead and one Kali lead might be the way to go. Damage should be plenty and it lets you squeeze in another Kali active.

Ra/Kali/Kali/BMeta/Rose/Kali?
Looks pretty good. If you have SQ then you could run that over Rose for the additional delay+make up for the missing second Ra damage

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »
Yeah, Sun Quan is pretty much an optimal Kali subs already. I figured Rose could take advantage of the fact that neither leader cares about hearts, but I don't like her that much on Kali so I don't know why I'd like her here. The extra finger from Sun Quan would be handy.

Given the option I might run Yomi over Metatron as long as Sun Quan is covering the blue attribute, but I don't have Yomi.