Author Topic: Touhou 12.8 - 妖精大戦争 ~ 東方三月精 ~ The Great Fairy Wars. F-ff-freezing a-a-article  (Read 125322 times)

When I first cleared, I was like "Fucks, I'm not gonna use the right way to dodge THIS *Goes inside the Ray and kills the boss*"

But you mean there's no Timeout strongphase? :<
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:04:52 PM by Linnah »

lumber_of_the_beast

Formless God

The game should have vsync by default. Did you check your monitor's refresh rate ?

Drake

I AM SUPER PLAYER

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
I totally didn't expect to see a "You are super player" screen after Extra. I love it.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Drake

I did, since the screen showed up when my C2 1cc was interpreted as an Extra clear.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I totally didn't expect to see a "You are super player" screen after Extra. I love it.

Isn't that the exact same line as when you pawn Evil eye sigma?
I wonder if that's intentional.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...

It's also there when you clear all DS scenes with Aya, and when you clear LLS extra. Wish ZUN did it more often.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
and LLS Extra, too

and all-clear DS

...god dammit Donut ):
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

lumber_of_the_beast

The game should have vsync by default. Did you check your monitor's refresh rate ?
...no. No, I didn't. Derp. Guessing my monitor's refresh rate should be 59Hz?

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
It's also there when you clear all DS scenes with Aya, and when you clear LLS extra. Wish ZUN did it more often.
I've yet to complete DS, so I haven't seen that one yet. And I do remember it being more common in the PC-98 games, that's why I liked seeing it used in a Windows game.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
First 1cc, on A2.

I really like this game.

We'll see if that stands when I move into Hard/Lunatic.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
I think hard is extremely fun, with the revenge bullets. Kinda annoying however that sometimes the boss pops up and an out of screen fairy gets killed, then revenge bullets spawn and come at you from underneath your dialog character. Didn't die of it yet, but I know I will in the future.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
this game is pissing me off... I've finished B-2 4 times now. and every goddamn time it gives me credit for something else like B-1 or C-2...sigh..

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
this game is pissing me off... I've finished B-2 4 times now. and every goddamn time it gives me credit for something else like B-1 or C-2...sigh..

Have you tried going from Quit and Return to Title, as opposed to Retry This Game? If so, I don't know what to tell you.

Although ZUN said it was rushed, he doesn't leave major bugs like that unfixed (didn't he change the colors of the UFOs in th12 slightly for those who have trouble seeing them or something?), so it's likely they'll be an upgrade patch.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Although ZUN said it was rushed, he doesn't leave major bugs like that unfixed (didn't he change the colors of the UFOs in th12 slightly for those who have trouble seeing them or something?), so it's likely they'll be an upgrade patch.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he said this will be the final game (can't pull a quote, but I'm pretty sure I remember it, I swear >_>).

Also, Marisa B in MoF  :ohdear:

Tengukami

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

I think hard is extremely fun, with the revenge bullets. Kinda annoying however that sometimes the boss pops up and an out of screen fairy gets killed, then revenge bullets spawn and come at you from underneath your dialog character. Didn't die of it yet, but I know I will in the future.

You cannot die during dialogue.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
For some reason, I am much better at this game than any of the standard entries in the series. After just playing Easy and Normal a few times, I moved up to Hard and beat it first try - I've never gotten close to beating hard mode on any Touhou game before, even though I've tried many times. Then on my second attempt at Hard, I did it again with 580% life left over. I'd attempt Lunatic right now but I have to go somewhere, but I have a good feeling that this game will be my first Lunatic clear too.
ZUN needs to make more creative games like this, since I find them much more fun (maybe that's why I got better at the game a lot quicker?), and it really made me respect Cirno more.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Lol I find this one harder than sa/UFO. I r sux at it.

Anyway this game totally emphasizes what makes Touhou stand out (in a good way) from it's stb peers. I mean zun took what makes touhou good as a shooter and multiply it:
Challenging gameplay softened by super generous life/bomb mechanics. Regular shmoes can play a game that makes a pro crap their pants at times all the while providing great challenge for the pros aiming for runs with no deaths and/or bombs.

I also have to say lily white is absolutely adorable in this game. I just wanna squeeze her until her eyeballs launch outta their sockets!

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
I've beaten every route on Easy, Normal, and all routes on hard expect B-1, and Extra.

I personally like this game because it's shorter than other games in the series.

I did a research on the freezing bonus, and it comes out as a not-so-simple formula.

Simply put,
00% - 0
10% -> 10000
20% -> 40000
40% -> 160000
60% -> 360000
100% -> 1000000
It is linear between the mentioned percentages.

As far as I can see, there aren't any crippling major bugs in the game.

The 'Give up and Retry' bug only seems to happen when the player chooses the second route option, then restarts.
Maybe it has something to do with assigning routes to numbers, then increasing the route number when the player selects the second option. It explains the A->B, B->C, C->Extra
It happened to me twice, once on Easy, once on Normal. When I was playing Normal B-2-2 after a restart, I noticed that the high score displayed wasn't the high score on B-2. After I beat the game and saw the endings and the stuff, I realized what was going on. Now I make a habit of hitting 'Return to Title' whenever I want to restart.

The bomb/snowflake count on the bottom left is messed up when the player uses a deathbomb.

EDIT : I noticed that Cirno dosen't die when colliding with the stage faries. Quite useful.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 05:30:13 PM by andrewsungho »
Signature

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
The 'Give up and Retry' bug only seems to happen when the player chooses the second route option, then restarts.
Maybe it has something to do with assigning routes to numbers, then increasing the route number when the player selects the second option. It explains the A->B, B->C, C->Extra
It happened to me twice, once on Easy, once on Normal. When I was playing Normal B-2-2 after a restart, I noticed that the high score displayed wasn't the high score on B-2. After I beat the game and saw the endings and the stuff, I realized what was going on. Now I make a habit of hitting 'Return to Title' whenever I want to restart.
It wouldn't be a bad idea for those of you that have the game to try and figure out exactly how to reproduce the bug.  If you can do it 100% of the time following the exact same steps it would make it a lot easier to debug, assuming ZUN checks his e-mail and one of our Japanese-speaking members can send him the instructions.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Yay, I am super player!

Anyway regarding the getting credit for the wrong route bug. I think it IS  related to retrying after finishing the first stage. The one time I cleared that stage without ragequitting after something stupid in stage two, I got credit for it finally.

I didn't see anybody mention it, but anybody find it funny that
Spoiler:
Marisa has yet ANOTHER themesong
. That girl is gonna start monopolizing.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
While credit-feeding B2 on lunatic, I discovered an odd glitch. For some reason, the seeking wall of doom on Luna's first spell card disappeared after I froze it once and all danger (other than hitting Luna) vanished. I sat there the whole time and there wasn't a single bullet on the screen.

Funny how bugs like this give a game about carefree and silly fairies an odd flavor instead of making it worse.

EDIT: I just reproduced it. I think the bullets just stop when the clock reaches 35 seconds... o_O
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:36:35 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

C2<A1<C1<B2<A2<B1

I am now proud of myself for my first GFW 1cc being A-2 Lunatic :V
And yeah B-1 is fucking brutal, I'm just trying to unlock Extra and I'm getting destroyed by Luna!Three Fairies on Normal every run.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he said this will be the final game (can't pull a quote, but I'm pretty sure I remember it, I swear >_>).

Wait what.
This is the last Touhou game?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:54:49 AM by SenSageUn »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Can we not start rumors like this without definite proof? Thanks.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr

I heard the same thing though. I also heard that ZUN is planning on introducing downloadable content and achievements, but I could have heard wrong :derp:
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Tengukami

Yes, a citation would be nice. Not saying it isn't true or whatever, but it's the kind of claim you really need proof of.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Perhaps I should provide the alternate interpretation of that statement that I made at first: the final VERSION of the game. As in, no patches. Not last Touhou game. :V
There was something here once. Wonder what...